JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 143 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #1137
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Just got a PS4 and Madden 15 today and decided to make this the set I try out first, since I trust you with the magic you've done to NCAA 14

Raiders (me): 13
Jets: 16

-OAK passing-
D. Carr: 13/24, 156yds, 1td, 1int
-NYJ passing-
M. Vick: 11/18, 109yds, 1td, 1int
G. Smith: 13/18, 99yds, 1int

-OAK rushing-
G. Atkinson: 16att, 62yds, 3.8avg
J. Demps: 10att, 29yds, 2.9avg
-NYJ rushing-
C. Ivory 17att, 42yds, 2.4avg
M. vick 6att, 44yds, 7.3avg

Texans: 31
Raiders (me): 10

-HOU passing-
R. Mallett: 13/21, 213yds, 2td
R. Fitzgerald: 5/9, 46yds
-OAK passing-
D. Carr: 15/31, 139yds, 1td, 1int

-HOU rushing-
A. Foster: 17att, 95yds, 5.5avg, 1td
-OAK rushing-
G. Atkinson: 20att, 54yds, 2.7avg

The best thing about these is how strangely accurate these 2 games are to real life, box score.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1409070nyj.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1409140rai.htm
Those results look outstanding!!! It's exactly what I have been looking for. I especially love how the Jets struggled on the ground, but Foster was very solid. It's a very different feel than NCAA, but I think we finally may have it nailed down.

Question: how did the pocket awareness of the CPU QBs look? Anything wonky.?
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #1138
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Question: how did the pocket awareness of the CPU QBs look? Anything wonky.?
They got sacked a bit. Only because the HUM CB coverage seemed really strong. Like they refused to pull the trigger.

I played 4-3 Under Zone in the first game, pure Man Cov in the second.


ALT NOTES:


It may be hard to say since the majority of the QBs I've faced so far seem to be scramblers.

JETS
-Geno looked like ****, throwing incompletions and getting sacked before he got injured.
- Vick came in, was a scrambler type. Burned me for rushing gains when nothing was open.(threw the game winning 3yd touchdown with 2 seconds to go ugh lol)

BILLS
-Fitzgerald was balanced, both decent pass and scramble. Short throws. Then, he got knocked out.
-So Mallett came in. Pure Pocket passer, scored on some deep bombs.

I guess I'm saying, wow, QB personality matters?

Last edited by Von Dozier; 02-12-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Von Dozier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #1139
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Then again, with my post, you see starting QBs getting knocked out. Is that a thing with this version of Madden?
Von Dozier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #1140
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
They got sacked a bit. Only because the HUM CB coverage seemed really strong. Like they refused to pull the trigger.

I played 4-3 Under Zone in the first game, pure Man Cov in the second.


ALT NOTES:


It may be hard to say since the majority of the QBs I've faced so far seem to be scramblers.

JETS
-Geno looked like ****, throwing incompletions and getting sacked before he got injured.
- Vick came in, was a scrambler type. Burned me for rushing gains when nothing was open.(threw the game winning 3yd touchdown with 2 seconds to go ugh lol)

BILLS
-Fitzgerald was balanced, both decent pass and scramble. Short throws. Then, he got knocked out.
-So Mallett came in. Pure Pocket passer, scored on some deep bombs.

I guess I'm saying, wow, QB personality matters?
Yes it does....the IG slider really helps their personalities shine.

As for sacks, this is the big issue on M15. I'm using a rather different approach with this set...if sacks start to get to be a major issue....let me know, this is still very much an alpha build.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Then again, with my post, you see starting QBs getting knocked out. Is that a thing with this version of Madden?
Yes it is....exacerbated if you use aggressive tackles or hit stick on the QBS. You can optionally lower the I.jury slider to 49 or 50.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #1141
Pro
 
gman2774's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 788
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm currently using a 'pure' all madden setup for version six...main menu and CFM set the same.
The original purpose of AP in main menu and AM in the CFM was to morph the AM bs that tends to happen (speed bursts, cbs jumping routes unrealistically, etc.). Are you not seeing this with both set to AM using version 6?
gman2774 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #1142
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
The original purpose of AP in main menu and AM in the CFM was to morph the AM bs that tends to happen (speed bursts, cbs jumping routes unrealistically, etc.). Are you not seeing this with both set to AM using version 6?
I haven't seen anything egregious yet; but I have had limited playtime on this set. I suspect I will probably back things off to AP on main menu at some stage...but I like to play with the 'pure' form first....work out any kinks...and then play around with things like this.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-12-2015 at 07:03 PM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:12 AM   #1143
Pro
 
awffltony77's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Milltown, WI
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Ok, well I have over 20 games in under the "3" theory, with my own set of sliders (which were simply a very slightly modded set of Josh and Kings anyways).
I've loaded up 6.0, and after 2 games, I find that the QBs whip the ball out too soon under these settings (QBA 3 and 57IG) as opposed to what I was doing. However, I've been following most of Josh's progressions so I stuck it out, but upped the PBK to 8. This seems to almost be too much, I'm getting shredded, BADLY lol......its awesome. So 2 with "3", 2 with "8", and then I'm gonna play some at "6" in which I hope is the sweet spot. All other settings are spot on with Josh's 6.0 (im using 35 KRI).
awffltony77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 AM   #1144
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Ok, well I have over 20 games in under the "3" theory, with my own set of sliders (which were simply a very slightly modded set of Josh and Kings anyways).
I've loaded up 6.0, and after 2 games, I find that the QBs whip the ball out too soon under these settings (QBA 3 and 57IG) as opposed to what I was doing. However, I've been following most of Josh's progressions so I stuck it out, but upped the PBK to 8. This seems to almost be too much, I'm getting shredded, BADLY lol......its awesome. So 2 with "3", 2 with "8", and then I'm gonna play some at "6" in which I hope is the sweet spot. All other settings are spot on with Josh's 6.0 (im using 35 KRI).
Good stuff....but what I have been considering doing is leaving CPU PBK at 3...but slowly increase the RTP slider as needed. Basically, the RTP slider becomes the control point for adjusting how quickly the QB gets rid of the ball and how effective the pass rush.

I've only gotten a couple of games in with this set using the Vikings. I played NE and got to Brady twice (one coverage) and played Brees and got to him four times....but they felt like 'real' sacks. The way my schedule lays out, I don't play a crappy QB for a while, so I may start another CFM with a different team so I can see how average QBs fare.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Top -