Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #1153
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler2206
Ha, yeah, to be fair, it IS the only thing I'm damn good at on this game- press R2 then square or x haha, simple tasks for a simple Englishman.

I've got Alex Smith, Sam Bradford and Kaepernick next three games.. So I guess I'll expect a game of dink and dunk whilst getting owned by Charles (that 1 on the speed difference thing is amazing by the way) ... god knows what from Rams, then Kaepernick running all over me. I think I'll try for rest of season with these as Manning on Week 17 is the only great QB I have left.

Good job on these man
Keep us abreast of how your other games go...the current settings are at a definite extreme right now (and I know how to adjust it - it is just going to be a balance)...but I need data from other players to try to hone-in on a more universal setting.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #1154
Rookie

OVR: 0

Against Chiefs... just won 29-0

Alex Smith went 10 of 10 for 91 yards, 1 INT and 7 sacks (5 in first half)

Kept Charles to 37 yards on 9 attempts, one of them was like 20 yards, so 17 on 8 other attempts.

My rushing: MJD went 37 on 8 and McFadden went 175 on 29, got a few big chunk plays in there going outside (which can now do with the speed difference.

My passing: 18 of 26 for 122 and 1 TD (haha easily my best ever with Raiders, man I suck).

of my 7 sacks, 2 came from LBs (not me) and another Dline sack that I had nothing to do with. so 4 user sacks.... Justin Tuck, single season record holder with 5 games to go :/
Old 02-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #1155
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler2206
Against Chiefs... just won 29-0

Alex Smith went 10 of 10 for 91 yards, 1 INT and 7 sacks (5 in first half)

Kept Charles to 37 yards on 9 attempts, one of them was like 20 yards, so 17 on 8 other attempts.

My rushing: MJD went 37 on 8 and McFadden went 175 on 29, got a few big chunk plays in there going outside (which can now do with the speed difference.

My passing: 18 of 26 for 122 and 1 TD (haha easily my best ever with Raiders, man I suck).

of my 7 sacks, 2 came from LBs (not me) and another Dline sack that I had nothing to do with. so 4 user sacks.... Justin Tuck, single season record holder with 5 games to go :/
Those play numbers seem low....how many minute quarters are you running with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #1156
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm using:

"Here are the settings:
Playcall Style: Slim or Enhanced (VERY important - see house rule)
Speed: Slow or Normal (I prefer slow)
Gameplay: All Madden
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 18 sec"

The exact settings for the 6.0 Alpha. I didn't write the 4 carries Charles back up had for like 4 yards or my full backs couple runs, that'll be it no doubt, was just including the main points of interest.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:31 AM   #1157
Rookie

Quote:
ohhhhhhh, i meant 10 for 20 for Smith. Fail
Old 02-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #1158
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Good stuff....but what I have been considering doing is leaving CPU PBK at 3...but slowly increase the RTP slider as needed. Basically, the RTP slider becomes the control point for adjusting how quickly the QB gets rid of the ball and how effective the pass rush.

I've only gotten a couple of games in with this set using the Vikings. I played NE and got to Brady twice (one coverage) and played Brees and got to him four times....but they felt like 'real' sacks. The way my schedule lays out, I don't play a crappy QB for a while, so I may start another CFM with a different team so I can see how average QBs fare.
Im excited to see where you go with this Josh as human sack totals have been my only issue with Version 6.0 im liking everything else though. I figured RTP was a given seeing its the only extreme change from Ver 5.0 besides cpu pbk and offsides. I like the AI awareness with cpu pbk at 3 but still see guys sitting still especially on screens. They back up, read, the primary is open and.......sack its disheartening to see AI so aware one play and aloof the next.

Does fatigue play a factor at all with sacks? Reason i ask is alot of my games it takes awhile to get a sack but once i get one they snowball. Kings set and Ver 6.0 have fatigue at 70 just curious if that could be why i see this happening. Didnt see it alot with Ver 5.0 (fat at 60)

All my sacks feel real and earned (except on screens) which is great to see but im getting 4-5 a game minimum

I agree with awwfltony77, Ver 6.0 is very close

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 02-14-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #1159
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Im excited to see where you go with this Josh as human sack totals have been my only issue with Version 6.0 im liking everything else though. I figured RTP was a given seeing its the only extreme change from Ver 5.0 besides cpu pbk and offsides. I like the AI awareness with cpu pbk at 3 but still see guys sitting still especially on screens. They back up, read, the primary is open and.......sack its disheartening to see AI so aware one play and aloof the next.

Does fatigue play a factor at all with sacks? Reason i ask is alot of my games it takes awhile to get a sack but once i get one they snowball. Kings set and Ver 6.0 have fatigue at 70 just curious if that could be why i see this happening. Didnt see it alot with Ver 5.0 (fat at 60)

All my sacks feel real and earned (except on screens) which is great to see but im getting 4-5 a game minimum

I agree with awwfltony77, Ver 6.0 is very close
I don't think fatigue is as much of an issue personally.

What I will be looking to calibrate will be the RTP slider. Raising it reduces the pass rush, but at the expense (to a degree) of the QB getting rid of the ball a little more slowly. King uses a setting of 80, but I feel it slows up the pass rush too much. However, we DO have the PBK much lower....

It's a tricky balancing act...if you stifle the pass rush too much, you get robo QB...if you give the pass rush too much oomph, you get sacks.

I'm going to bump it up to 50 for starters.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-14-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #1160
Rookie

For the hell of it, I decided to try pass block at 95 instead of 3 (and keep everything else as version 6.0)

Against Rams, won 17-10 (they got a TD in garbage time).

My passing and rushing was the same as previous, of course, but their passing became: 245 yards from 23 of 31 and 1 TD. I got 5 sacks still, 3 when I knew damn well they were passing.

Seems there is a discussion on altering RTP as the trigger for getting QB to get rid of it quicker, perhaps i'll put CPU PK back to 3 and put up RTP.

I do like these sliders though, I just need to find the sweet spot so I'm not a Sack God and they take a few deep shots. I'll settle for Sack Prince.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »