JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 146 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-14-2015, 02:15 PM   #1161
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

OK.....we have a definite starting point. Adjust RTP to 50.

Kept going with the Vikings CFM and played Atlanta. Matt Ryan was sacked.....wait for it....ONCE (on a beautiful blitz call where the LB wasn't picked up as the O-line was fully enaged)! What was really cool was that there were about 3-4 other occassions where he got the throw off just in time. Ryan was 24-39 (61.5%) for 285 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT. Now, I blitzed a fair bit and mixed up some man and zone....so this wasn't like I was playing vanilla or anything.

I suspect you will get a couple more sacks against crappier QBs (as in real life) but the fact that a good QB was able to avoid the rush and get rid of the ball well is encouraging. Everything else felt as good as it has been with version 6.

One thing that helps things a bit is to use the hit stick on sack attempts instead of the 'X' button (conservative tackle). I think the range and animation of the conservative tackle really muddies up the QB's ability to at least make a pass attempt.

I'm adjusting the OP to reflect this one change.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One quick note, I did notice some warping (gcoons asked about this a day or two ago). As a result, I am going to set the main menu to AP to minimize that....but everything else will be set the same.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #1162
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm going to try this RTP at 50 now, will replay game against 49ers where I was using the standard 6.0. Kaep had just been drinking and dunking and holding to ball, so will see what happens.

At risk of sounding like a noob.... warping?
Old 02-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #1163
Rookie

Half-time stats: Leading 3-0. Kaep has gone 6 for 7 for 38 yards. Scrambled 3 times for 21 yards. His backs have ran for 60. Got 5 sakcs in first half
Old 02-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #1164
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler2206
Half-time stats: Leading 3-0. Kaep has gone 6 for 7 for 38 yards. Scrambled 3 times for 21 yards. His backs have ran for 60. Got 5 sakcs in first half
Yup, your never ever going to avoid this happening occasionally with certain QB's. Aaron Rodgers seems to be one of them too, he just plays all "fear & loathing" against me, every time. Its because these guys have "Throw ball away" set to "no" and "oblivious" to pressure. Big Ben is pretty bad with this, too. And they seem to eat more acid and sniff either on 2 minute drills....... I Always edit him, Arod, and Peyton Manning.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #1165
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler2206
I just tried using the 6.0 Alpha sliders for a game. Franchise mode, as Raiders, first year. Against Chargers. I kind of suck at Madden, but won 28-12 and it was never close:

My passing stats were my usual: 17 of 21 (I don't even TRY and go deep with Carr), 1 TD, 2 (bone-headed, my own fault) INTs.

My rushing attack was more realistic than previous sliders I've tried: 28 for 91 for McFadden and 4 for 27 for MJD

Philip Rivers threw for 280, 29 out of 36 which SOUNDS ok until you factor in 2 were screens at 40 each (I took TERRIBLE angles) and one was a short pass that went for like 60. He tried to throw it deep maybe twice despite being behind all game.... and I sacked him ELEVEN times.. all from Dline.... and 9 of them were me manually...

There's definitely potential to these sliders, but my D-line owned... Advice? is CPU 3 pass-blocking really meant to be the case??
Ok, well......I know I can speak for myself and Rickey, and most likely Josh too.....If your trying to get sacks manually, this may not be the set for you....
I am strict in selecting the quick play, no matter what (but only from strategy, not the community ones), and only ever, ever pick and control a deep saftey or LB.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #1166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Yup, your never ever going to avoid this happening occasionally with certain QB's. Aaron Rodgers seems to be one of them too, he just plays all "fear & loathing" against me, every time. Its because these guys have "Throw ball away" set to "no" and "oblivious" to pressure. Big Ben is pretty bad with this, too. And they seem to eat more acid and sniff either on 2 minute drills....... I Always edit him, Arod, and Peyton Manning.
Ha yeah.... it didn't get better unfortunately. I won 9-0, and they never got close to scoring. During the whole game, I kid you not, Kaep attempted 3 long bombs... and was picked off three times by Woodson. He went 12 of 18 for 99 yards. 8 sacks.

I love the effect these sliders have had on my own passing game and rushing game, and run defense seems about right. But I'm now lost on how to get these CPU's to get these 200-300 yard games I see people above talking about
Old 02-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #1167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Ok, well......I know I can speak for myself and Rickey, and most likely Josh too.....If your trying to get sacks manually, this may not be the set for you....
I am strict in selecting the quick play, no matter what (but only from strategy, not the community ones), and only ever, ever pick and control a deep saftey or LB.
That's an interesting point... I'll try playing as an LB (god help me) and see what happens, as I basically move around the D-line because I'm garbage
Old 02-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #1168
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Dude smdh if this years Madden isnt the craziest thing ever!

I just tried 6.0 with RTP at 50 and main menu set to AP

Two games. Zero user sacks. Yeah zero. So awesome to see potential there!

Now for the cons and i have seen this before mixing AP/AM

1) Zero penalties. It felt like they were turned off or to throw out a crazy theory they seemed TOO balanced. Almost makes me wonder if AP/AM "balances" the line and thats why non-controlled user sacks go out the window. Sorry man i come up with crazy ideas because ive never had Madden be so frustrating

2) AI qb, although they did better sensing pressure had terrible decision making. Throwing balls directly at my dbs occasionally and the ones that werent picked hit them right on the helmet. The worst was a slant play that pulled most of my defense to the left side of the field and Glennon threw a no pressure floater dead on to Grimes all alone on the right side lol. To be fair overall the AI did seem like they were better at sustaining/finishing drives when the qb didnt make those obviously scripted throws

3)BOTH games Tannehill AND Moore were knocked out with the first hit they took with long lasting injuries. Found this interesting i think its definitely tied to the AP/AM mix somehow or at least makes injuries "work" more.

4) I saw repetitive pinballing/spin out moves by the AI run game after contact. Not sure if thats a con but it felt scripted and repetitive. Also seemed like both me and the AI ran easier. I dont want to put that on AP/AM that could be me. Not enough testing to be sure.

I like the smoothness of gameplay with AP in the main menu but some things definitely seem a bit "off". It feels like im getting help especially when the qb is practically handing me picks. Im going to try AM in both with RTP at 50 to be sure thats the issue i just wanted to do my part and relay what im seeing.

It feels so close yet so far lol. I have to laugh and keep plugging or ill give up on this game for sure

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 02-14-2015 at 04:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »