Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #1177
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
A couple of questions:

If I am not very good at Madden, which set would you recommend? Can you still use the AP one, or will I need to use the latest one?

What is the verdict on setting sliders/settings in the menu and importing them? What am I supposed to do?
Seriously, try the Pro set on my OP. It gives a better challenge than you might expect and it plays quite nicely. Use that set to build-up the things you don't do well (i.e. if you aren't good at running, run more....if you aren't good at passing, pass more). As long as you don't run the same plays over and over, you should have some fun with it.

As for settings/sliders. I still recommend setting the following (as stated in my OP):

1. Set all settings in the main menu exactly how they will be in the CFM (including autosubs).
  2. Go to CFM and set all game settings and autosubs
  3. Go to slider screen and use the triangle button (on PS4) to import the sliders
Old 02-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #1178
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Are you using the defensive camera per chance? If so, go to standard on defense....I find it is harder to get those moves rolling on that camera setting.
You were right on this. And also the guy who said to use a Safety or LB (I need to do the Madden coaching to learn how to play DB on this haha). The sliders now work as intended. In one half, Jay Cutler went for 125 yards, couple intermediate throws, bomb attempt. Threw two STUPID interceptions, very Cutler. Two sacks, but NOT from me. Makes more sense now
Old 02-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #1179
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler2206
You were right on this. And also the guy who said to use a Safety or LB (I need to do the Madden coaching to learn how to play DB on this haha). The sliders now work as intended. In one half, Jay Cutler went for 125 yards, couple intermediate throws, bomb attempt. Threw two STUPID interceptions, very Cutler. Two sacks, but NOT from me. Makes more sense now
Yeah....the defensive camera is cool and all....but if you're playing the line....it is WAY too easy to get pressure.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:45 PM   #1180
Just started!

Thanks, this helps
Old 02-15-2015, 11:45 PM   #1181
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh--6.1 is really good through one game. Need to test more but it was solid. I was Detroit vs Carolina. I rushed for 100 yds and threw for 210. Won a tight defensive game 13-6. Cam was cam. Scrambled for some yards and was erratic in the passing game. He did try to go deep twice both incomplete. They ran do 72 yds. I had 3 sacks. Overall, good defensive game which is what I would expect with these two teams. Only con in this game was injuries for me. At 57 Stafford left the game three times due to injury. Last one cost him 11 weeks with a broken wrist. Bush 11 weeks with a dislocated hip. Both happened in the 4th quarter. Not sure if the increased fatigue to 70 played a role but I definitely noticed a difference with injuries increased in this set. I may back that down to 49.

I need more games but so far so good through one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 02:02 AM   #1182
Rookie

So far - love these. Before I begin my notes, I just want to say a huge thank you to you and everyone who helped for putting in a TON of time and effort to get these where they are now. Awesome job, and thanks again.

Just started a new online CFM with your AM set, played the first two preseason games as the Vikes so far. Games both played great, here's what I noticed;

- Loved the QB inaccuracies and differing tendencies.
- Palmer looked and played different than Stanton who looked and played different than Thomas.
- Palmer took a shot deep to Floyd, which was picked by Rhodes. Looked and felt good.
- Later, Rookie Logan Thomas came in and lofted a beautiful touch pass to the TE on a Flood pattern...only to later make a poor CPU decision for an INT, and after that an inaccurate pass went behind the receiver to the CB...both common and realistic mistakes from an inaccurate Rookie.

- Loved the Coverage.
- There was no lag in Man, and my DBs even missed a couple "would-be" picks on default AP/AM because they were busy "watching the WR".
- In Zone I repeatedly saw my LBs would run with the WRs on crossing routes instead of just standing on their landmarks...a couple times they got burned because of it!
- Only negative was when Cromartie broke off his coverage of a streak to jump a deep out while in man (Flood).
- It was disappointing to watch my DBs (while in man) get hit in the face with a poorly thrown ball which they could have picked, only to watch the CPU (while in man) break off their man the moment the ball is released to undercut a route he shouldn't even be watching. That's a bigger Madden issue relating to lack of Foot Planting, lack of Momentum, and requirements for Animation triggering that is unrelated to your sliders though.

- Running game felt good.
- My backup O-Line couldn't get any push on the right side, and I was consistently pushed back or forced to find a different lane or eat it on a regular basis.
- Up the middle and to the left played out very nicely, however, as Yankey and Berger made serious efforts to open the lane, mostly with success, but not always.
- Saw Yankey and Berger double Ta'amu on a Weak Iso, with Yankey pulling off when Berger had gained leverage - Yankey then peeled off and mauled the LB. Looked beautiful, and played exactly as it's drawn up.
- Pulling G and FB found the right assignments on Power for the most part.
- Once or twice made some dumb choices, but I'm good with once or twice.
- Took a 25 yard gain and another 10 yard gain for the plodding Asiata to average 5.1 ypc...most were stuffed just after the LOS for 2-3, results were perfect.
- Tried a couple misdirection and counters, more often than not the LBs bit HARD for decent gains. Couple times the playside LB held their ground on the initial fake, and shot the C gap for a loss of 1-2. Was awesome...unsure if ratings took part.

- QBs took shots deep 3-5 times/game, rarely took the immediate checkdown just because it was there.
- QBs threw the ball away numerous times, Carr did it at least 3 times when pressured!
- DL and LBs got their arms up for a few swats at the line.
- QBs navigated the pocket ok, Palmer stepped up nicely a couple times to avoid the rush...Carr tried running backwards at least twice and took sacks.
- Game 1 v OAK the Vikings got 4 sacks, 2 from blitzes.
- Game 2 v ARI the Vikings got 7 sacks, 4 from the backup LE vs backup RT. Could be ratings playing out, but 11 in 2 games is pretty hefty. Will continue to keep my eye on it.

- Scores in both games were really high, I felt like when I tried, I could score at will.
- I was able to score 40+ both games. 2 defensive TDs total.
- Cassel had 7 TDs, 550 Yards, 1 INT in the two games (6 QTRs of football), though to be fair 1 TD and 76 yards was from a Double Safety Blitz where I audibled my TE to a streak, had my HB block and my line picked up the blitz enough to get Ford streaking up the seam with no help over-the-top...was all too easy thanks to dumb CPU playcalling.
- I feel like when I tried, it was too easy to keep drives alive both through the air and on the ground...probably from my play calling and audibles based on what the defense was giving me; A really nice User catch helped with a 3rd and 12 on a well covered Pump and Post vs Cover 2 man. Pumped the R Safety down onto the Dig who moved on it (nice!), floated the Post over his head, the CB stuck on him well and it took a contested User catch to pluck it out of the air. Without the User catch it's probably an INT.
- All that said, I punted 6 times the v OAK, and 9 times v ARI...so it wasn't SUPER easy offense...just happened that when I'd score, it was a TD. Only one FG attempt, a missed 40 yarder.

I'm really looking forward to taking on Brady, Brees, and Rodgers...that will be the true test for the Sliders and the QB Play I think. I fully expect to get tore up against all - MN doesn't have the tools to shut down 4 receivers consistently, so all three teams should have 250+ yards against me in the air. Lacy may offer a challenge on the ground, but I'm not too worried about the RBs I'll be up against.

So far, this feels like an outstanding slider set -- lots and lots and lots to love. Will know more after about a half-dozen more games...specifically against top QBs.

I'm also REALLY looking forward to Detroit, NE, and Buffalo games to see if their defense can shut me down, or force me to turn it over.

Thanks for all the hard work put into these sliders! I'm really enjoying them so far and look forward to getting a season completed!
Old 02-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #1183
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Josh--6.1 is really good through one game. Need to test more but it was solid. I was Detroit vs Carolina. I rushed for 100 yds and threw for 210. Won a tight defensive game 13-6. Cam was cam. Scrambled for some yards and was erratic in the passing game. He did try to go deep twice both incomplete. They ran do 72 yds. I had 3 sacks. Overall, good defensive game which is what I would expect with these two teams. Only con in this game was injuries for me. At 57 Stafford left the game three times due to injury. Last one cost him 11 weeks with a broken wrist. Bush 11 weeks with a dislocated hip. Both happened in the 4th quarter. Not sure if the increased fatigue to 70 played a role but I definitely noticed a difference with injuries increased in this set. I may back that down to 49.

I need more games but so far so good through one game.
I haven't seen ANY QB injuries so far with these settings - so that is interesting. But certainly, the injury slider is "to taste".
Old 02-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #1184
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebennayx
Spoiler
First off, thank you very much for the kind words. Secondly, that is one helluva write-up - I absolutely love this level of feedback.

I have to say that my offensive games have been absolutely brutal. I can run the ball reasonably well; but have not been able to get my passing game going, like, at ALL. That said, I usually skip preseason games as they send to yield some odd results due to all of the reserves playing. Matchups play such a key role with how these are balanced that a backup DE with a 70-75ish rating is going to absolutely manhandle a weak O-lineman.

If the pass game tends to be easy for you once you hit the regular season, you are absolutely at liberty to adjust human QBA as needed as it won't jack up anything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One general comment, I am toying with the idea of bumping up IG to 58. Aggressive QBs are probably airing it out a bit too much for NFL games and dink-and-dunk guys are holding onto the ball a tad too long. If I make any other change, that will be it....I love how this plays in general, my own personal ineptness on offense notwithstanding.

That said, I played about a quarter against Andrew Luck with IG at 58 and he got rid of the ball really fast....like two steps and gone. I checked his traits and his sense pressure trait was set to "trigger happy". However, it was almost a bit overdone....but I really need a couple of games to see how this would work.

If anyone wants to try it just check the sense pressure trait of the opposing QB before your game and see how it goes....let me know what you see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »