JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 151 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-19-2015, 06:23 PM   #1201
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKretz
Sup guys, so I've been on here for a while now but never really got around to setting up an account until now. I have pretty much played every set that has came out for 15, really like King's set and Josh's but this most recent one on this thread is playing amazing.

I started up a new CF with the Browns last night when i saw the positive reviews of this set. Just picked a random team and went for it, followed all the instructions for setting it up and finally got some games underway.

I played preseason games (OCD with madden…. haha) but still got some very good/fun games out of them. Went 2-2 surprisingly, Game 1 vs Lions won on a last second FG 26-25, Game 2 vs Skins got DESTROYED 31-6 (blame Hoyer), Game 3 vs Rams lost on last second FG 23-20 and Game 4 won 38-35 where they almost came back late. Overall i saw some cool things tho, not insane amount of sacks, saw no warping(love that), CPU bombs, CPU getting rid of the ball right before contact a bunch, not one fumble tho, or penalties besides false starts on CPU just about every field goal attempt. After some tough Depth Chart decisions i went went to the regular season.

Reg Season Game 1 was where i got real excited. Game started with me(Hoyer) throwing a pick on his very first pass….. Held them to a FG in the red-zone. 3 and out for me, then a play action Bomb from Big Ben to Martavis Bryant for a 60 yard score. I couldn't really get the ball moving till my running game finally stepped up midway thru the 2nd where it was 20-7 going to half-time. Only points in the 3rd came from a Steelers FG. Start of the 4th Gordon burns Gay for a long play then Crowell runs it in for the score. Big Ben gets shut down in the 4th and eventually hurt on their would-be game winning drive after i came back to take the lead with 1:50 left. B.Gradkowski comes in to try and win but gets pressured and throws a pick for the loss. I was pumped up though, it was a tough battled game. Now sorry I don't know the stat thing you guys use but Im gonna post them to try and give some more feedback.

Game Stats: Pit= Big Ben-- 26-39(66%) 322 yards 1TD 1INT
L. Bell-- 23-112(4.9 ypc) 1TD 0 FUMB
B.Tate-- 5-23(4.6 ypc)
M. Bryant-- 8-141- 1TD
L.Bell-- 6-55
M.Wheaton-- 6-65
A.Brown-- 2-23

DEF: 2 Sacks, 4 Int, 0 FF

CLE= B.Hoyer-- 22 for 40(55%) 333 yards 3TD 4INT
I. Crowell-- 22-96(4.4 ypc) 1TD
T. West-- 4-15(3.8 ypc)
J. Cameron-- 5-85 2TDS
J. Gordon-- 4-94
T. Gabriel-- 3-22 1TD

DEF: 5 Sacks, 2INTS, 0 FF

Sorry again for the long post, new to this posting stuff.
I love long, detailed posts and most slider creators do; sometimes it's the little details that help us understand what others are seeing.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:14 AM   #1202
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

OVR: 0

I may be thick, but I can't seem to find whether this is for offline or online CFM, or if it simply doesn't matter.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:53 AM   #1203
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
I may be thick, but I can't seem to find whether this is for offline or online CFM, or if it simply doesn't matter.
You're thick

Just kidding, it doesn't matter.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #1204
Rookie

OVR: 1

Josh, I tested out your latest V6 with Steeler2206's small tweaks over two games, and overall the results were very promising. Mind you, I play Coach Mode, which I think is good since it removes various human skill levels and errors, so I matched both USER and CPU to the CPU settings. Only thing I did was call my own plays. Also, this is with a Year 3 Bengals franchise that I've built up pretty well, so my team's overall grade is 91, I think. I played against the Browns and Cowboys.

QB Accuracy
This was very varied, which was great. Dalton averaged 65% and Manziel and Romo had 73% and 61%, respectively. What I loved to see was several deep passes attempted in both games and the varied outcomes. A couple were batted down by jumping CBs. A couple were INTs, and a few completed due to jumping/diving WRs. Even a very old, slow Witten dove into the end zone to complete a 30+ yard catch. That's the good. The only bad I saw is that there were a lot of throws into the backs of the OL. It happened several times total in both games.

Sacks
While it's only two games, results were promising. Dalton had 2 sacks in each game and Manziel and Romo had 3 and 4 sacks, respectively. Considering I have a monster, pass-rushing DL and Manziel likes to run around a lot, I was happy with the results. Also, a couple of those sacks against the CPU came when the CPU was trying to catch up in the final 2 minutes with deep throws. QBs definitely tried to get rid of the ball, and I didn't see any ridiculous running around or running straight forward into the DL.

Overall Passing Game
Dalton threw for 7 TDs and 2 INTs and Manziel and Romo threw for a combined 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Dalton averaged 311 ypg and the CPU QBs averaged 263 ypg. As you can see, even though I had the same sliders and played in Coach Mode, the USER was much better in the passing game.

Drops
I like to see a few total drops per game, but there were only 3 total in two games. The CPU had 0 and I had 3 in one game and 0 in another. I thought there could have been a few more drops overall.

Run Game
This was touch and go. Again, the USER did better than the CPU, even though I went up against Murray. With Bernard I averaged 106 ypg and 6 ypc. CPU averaged 69 ypg and 3.6 ypc. Bernard had one 70+ yard run, so that needs to be taken into account. Without it, the stats would be a little more even. There were a lot of runs where the RB would just run into the back of the center and just stay there and eventually get hit for a loss. But then I'd see a few broken tackles and a good run up the middle. I want to test this out more over a couple more games.

Fumbles
This was my biggest complaint. There were none. Not even one forced fumble by anyone. I don't know if this is because Face Mask is low (I've read some people believe higher Face Mask = more fumbles) or because Tackle is low or a combination, but this issue definitely stood out.

Tackling
Only concern I had is some instances where small guys were breaking multiple tackles. For instance, I have a tiny route-running WR that broke three tackles after catching a short pass. Also, I'm not sure how the stat is tracked, but all starting RBs each only had 1 broken tackle per game on the stat sheet. According to the sim engine I tracked over two years, starting RBs typically average 2 BTKs a game and the really good ones, like Lynch, average 3-4 BTKs a game. Not a major concern, but it's interesting to see a tiny WR break free multiple times, but a great RB like Murray only break 1 tackle (again, according to the stat sheet...not sure what constitutes a broken tackle to the game).

Pass Defense
Two things here...coverage and deflections. USER D had 5 deflections in two games (on top of 3 INTs), so 8 total "touches" if you will. CPU only had 1 deflection and 2 INTs for a total of 3 touches. Was hoping to see a few more from the CPU...again, not sure why, since sliders are matched and I play coach mode. Regarding coverage, my opinion is mixed. The high DPI helps pass coverage aggression and improves coverage overall, but the lower Pass Coverage slider introduced a number of instances where there was a lot of separation. In other words, I'd like to see more consistent better coverage, but I know from experience that better coverage leads to more sacks/less deep throws. Provided comp % were in line and there was a combo of deep passes, INTs, and deflections, this may be a good spot to have it at.

In the end, I whipped both teams. I averaged 41 points and the CPU averaged only 18. Overall, I loved how the games played, but I was hoping I'd be challenged more. I'm going to test these sliders out for a couple more games and let you know if I see anything different (or the same). But like I said before, these are really good. If I could see more fumbles and a bit more of a challenge from the CPU, I'd say these were perfect.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #1205
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

picker....see what happens if you use the straight set in coach mode (except change Human QBA to match the CPU QBA). I think others have done this successfully as the sliders aren't really THAT different.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #1206
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

How's the latest set been playing josh or anyone who answers? I know I could find out for myself.. But I have honestly given up on the madden slider madness... Anyone could tell me, be great.(:
Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #1207
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
How's the latest set been playing josh or anyone who answers? I know I could find out for myself.. But I have honestly given up on the madden slider madness... Anyone could tell me, be great.(:
Im all done messing with sliders using 6.1 unless theres a better remedy for the sack issue. Everything plays perfectly and im using the suggested tweaks (speed threshold at 3, cpu run blk at 20 and both int at 30) Ive gotten 10 sacks in the first two games (5 each). Lost a game i couldve won to New England 23-19 then held on in Buffalo to win 20-14. Two totally different games and lots of fun. My offense was the same in both (250 yds passing/ 100 yds rushing) but my defense gave up 465 to Brady and co. then shut down Buffalo to only 285 yards. Its the best set ive used so far this year im just hoping to see less sacks. Im not using R2 or X/square to get pressure im simply engaging the OL (i use only DE/DT) and the sacks i get both look and feel real i just dont want to get 4-5 a game more like 1-3 other than that this set is great
Old 02-21-2015, 12:34 AM   #1208
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played my first game with these using steelers tweaks and was very happy. This also was my first game on all madden so I expected to lose but was happy with the cpu stats even though I lost 20-3.

I was the steelers vs Redskins. RGIII was 16 of 27 for 236 and two tvs. The first was a ball my corner tipped and was got in the end zone for a 29 yd to. The second was an 88 yard bomb to Jackson against my cover 4 on third and long. As a team they had 33 carries for 120 yards. I ended up with 4 sacks but one was when griffin tried to escape.

For me brown was hurt early in the game but Ben was 17 of 35 for 216. Bell only average 3.6 YAC but some that was me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »