JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 157 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #1249
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
I have 6.02 as is with my only personal changes are 15 min qtr/15 sec runoff, cpu rbk back to 15 and facemask at 53. So far so good i havent been able to crack a 100 yard game yet with Moreno ive had games of 82, 54 and 81 yards and the cpu gets about 100-120 yards a game. Mind you i faced Jamaal Charles (143yds), MJD (118yds) and Eddie Lacy (74yds) plus Miami isnt all that great vs the run but all in all im pretty much happy with the entire set overall. I see a good amount of penalties, the right amount of turnovers and stats line up very well.

Also after switching to 6.02 after 2 games using the previous set (i already had 10 sacks) ive seen sacks level out. I got 3 against KC in a game where i got handled 29-10 and just couldnt get rolling, Had 2 against Oakland in a 31-28 nailbiter i almost gave away after dominating early and ZERO sacks in a tough 24-17 back and forth heartbreaker against Green Bay. I went from 1st in sacks to 6th in 3 games. Nice to see that.

Even at 2-3 i dont feel anythings overpowering and teams play like they should. Im loving this set and the fact my heads in the GAME, not the sliders lol

Just to add, it feels like all the little b.s. things level out after a few games and this set really settles in well. I dont know if thats confidence or what but whatever it is im diggin it.

Josh i got just one off topic question its driving me nuts. Since im now immersed in my season and im a stat checking fool i noticed looking through that both Romo and Weeden are missing from their depth chart and they arent injured. The chart lists the 3rd stringer as the QB starter and the kicker and punter as backups. Is it true when guys get injured they get "lost in the shuffle" upon returning? I see Romo and Weeden on the Dallas roster but completely missing from the depth chart. Sorry for going off topic not sure what to think of that. My injured starters/backups return to their respective spots after injury without any manual adjustments. Is the Romo/Weeden thing a glitch?
Awesome feedback, I haven't really played much lately.

As for that roster issue....it sure sounds like a glitch to me....I haven't seen that personally, but I also haven't made it very far into a CFM yet.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #1250
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Any concencous on dropping CPU run block to make human running harder?
At the risk of me sounding really dim... dropping CPU run block to make human running harder... huh? Isn't that what the HUM run block slider is for and cpu run block is cpu's oline ability to run block?

I've recently lowered my own run block to 1 instead of 5 and completely ignoring trap plays as if they don't get- still tend to get 4-5 yards a carry each game, unless I get owned.

I've found that I stop the run too easy, so I can sit back and play zone all day long with no fear, which in turn effects how easy it is to defend pass- so I put CPU run block to 40 instead of 20 and it is MUCH harder. Jamaal Charles owned me. Went over 125 yards and have 6.5 carry (one or two long runs to bolster that). That meant I played WAY more blitz and man and effected defending the pass as a result. Works a charm for me.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #1251
Rookie

Have just moved into Week 13 in my new Browns CFM and I am 11-0, leading the league in Rushing with 1996 yards, Rush Defense with 760 yards allowed, Sacks with 47(next closest is 31), INT's with 19. I have had some very good games and enjoy these but the CPU just still seems so weak in some key areas that really hurt their chances to win. There are some positives as well but they just can't seem to pull out a win due to the CPU play even with the House Rules i made for my self.

The CPU run game is just still surprisingly weak, I can pretty much stop them at will even with Hands-Off defense. Teams are averaging 69 yards and thats going against backs like L.Bell(twice), A.Foster(twice), M.Ingram, J. Forsett, J.Hill. While my running game is just dominating….. I.Crowell is leading the league with 1,504 yards and thats without trap plays. The holes are always there no matter the play or what down it is. Which pretty much allows me to get any first down without even trying while they go 3-18 on 3rd downs….

The sacks still seem to be an issue as well, while greatly improved I still lead the league while letting the CPU play defense for me for most of the game. The INTS i can live with since I am the Browns and their secondary is stacked but i feel like with less pressure generated that number would decrease a bit as well.

If the CPU could have a better run defense/offense, and the sacks could toned down somehow the CPU could have many more opportunities to steal games from me. I know it is difficult and I'm not saying these sliders are not good, because they are, its just those two things to me seem to hinder the CPU gameplay big time.

Besides that these play great the CPU continues to hit long bombs(never when they have a chance to put me out of the game tho), CPU gets pressure on me and forces picks, CPU can stop my passing attack. All this still leads to me never feeling threatened during a game tho and its frustrating…. This is SO close but things could still improve
Old 02-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #1252
Rookie

Bump up CPU fumble. Makes the running backs more dangerous and helps the CPU keep their drive alive. Also bump CPU qb accuracy. Sometimes I think the sacrifice needs to be made on a few realistic things to make the game harder for yourself
Old 02-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #1253
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Bump up CPU fumble. Makes the running backs more dangerous and helps the CPU keep their drive alive. Also bump CPU qb accuracy. Sometimes I think the sacrifice needs to be made on a few realistic things to make the game harder for yourself
Yes, you can increase fumbles, but keep it at 49 or lower. At 50 and above, all backs run like vintage Jerome Bettis and have no 'wiggle'.

As far as sacks go, you can bump up the Roughing the passer slider "to taste" to tone down the pass rush (King's set uses RTP at 80...and it works, I just don't think it feels realistic).
Old 02-24-2015, 08:40 PM   #1254
Rookie

As far as Human running game though? Nothing yet to make it more challenging without messing up something else?
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #1255
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKretz
As far as Human running game though? Nothing yet to make it more challenging without messing up something else?
Played a game last night with facemask at 53
CPU reaction at 40 and CPU pass coverage at 40.

I ran trap plays, sweeps, read option the lot and went 16att for 64yards with williams. Lowest total all season. They react unrealistically but if you want the challenge then give it a go. Definitely one of the more entertaining games I've played and will be keeping it as this
Old 02-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #1256
Pro

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Got to dive back into M15 this past weekend and some this week.

These sliders have helped keep my interest up in the game, just want to thank you again for continuing to tweak these... even at this dead time of football season.

Using alpha 6.02 w/ a rebuilding (and some what bad) Raiders squad, I really don't think these are too easy... my team is bad so I realize that changes my level of difficulty.. but while using a better team in other CFM's, it was still pretty challenging.

I think the only real complaint I can even consider is the frequency that my ballcarrier or cpu ballcarrier ends up drifting out of bounds instead of taking a hard cut upfield after a reception towards the sideline.. it's cost me and the cpu a few first downs on short completions to the flats.

Maybe not a slider issue as much as it's an M15 issue... or possibly tied to the speed thresh and/or fumble slider.

One big positive I wanted to point out, is that while playing user defense.. I usually use a LB, and I'm able to be involved in all facets of the game. I can easily get 10-12 tackles with a good player and break up a pass or two over the middle... default a/m and a lot of other a/m slider sets can make you feel helpless vs. superhuman blocking. What's been great with this set too, is that I haven't been able to rack up 5 sacks/gm with my user controlled player (I don't player switch at all). So when I'm blitzing, most of the time I'm just trying to rattle the QB enough to stop a drive with an errant throw.. when I do get a sack it feels a lot more significant because I didn't already have a half dozen in the game, or 50 on the season..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »