JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 164 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-05-2015, 06:09 PM   #1305
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

i have now played 2 games with this set, technically the same game twice but both had similarities and differences

in both i was the colts playing against the ravens, in both the ravens struggled to get into the end zone, but in the first i lost 35-10, ravens had like 4 fgs and only on offensive td, the second i won 27-9, once again ravens struggled to put up tds

in the first i had 6 sacks and in the second i had 6 sacks also the corner route with the te was abused by cpu in both.

flacco had about 370 the first game and under 200 the second he also threw 2 ints in this game, the rushing stats were equal for both teams in each game around 60.. in the secong flacco started to run quite often whether there was pressure or not. in the second game i was much more accurate with luck, 12-16 before getting hurt, and in the first i was 18-37

all around good set so far, i want to see how i feel after about 6 more games
Old 03-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #1306
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I know that there is some interest here in the changes Tony and Ricky have been discussing. These are the changes from the current Opening Post set.

Offsides: 35
DPI: 99
IG: 60
FM: 42
Human RBK: 4
Human INT: 20

A quick breakdown of the changes and why they were made follows:

Offsides: Made purely to slow the pass rush and reduce their 'burst' and block-shedding at the LOS.

DPI: This has a) tightened up the human pass coverage and b) has made WR/DB interactions more fluid and dynamic....I have completed long bombs and had short routes jumped by DBs

IG: CPU gets rid of the ball more quickly...but still seeing the deep passes. Concerned about going any higher as I noticed CPUs getting tentative if short routes were covered

Facemask: A tiny bit less wrap-up with the tackling.

Human RBK: Dropped it as the drop to the offsides slider made the human run game a tad too easy. It's pretty tough here....if too difficult after playing a few games, you can bump it back up to 5.

Human INT: Before you go WTF, here is why... I have noted much better reaction by human defenders at a lower INT setting (i.e. more deflections). I had 4 INTs in less than one half in one game against Tannehill, so picks still happen if you have good DBs - I'm actually becoming convinced that even CPU-controlled defenders on the human side use the CPU INT slider.

Do these tweaks 'fix' the sack issue?
The million dollar question everyone wants to know the answer to. Well, yes and no. The sacks are controlled more and the CPU responds better. However, a lot of other adjustments were tried and throw other things completely out of whack or make other aspects of the game unrealistic IMO.

Suggested 'House Rules' to minimize extreme sack totals
  • Do NOT use the defensive camera angle....it makes pass rushing WAY too easy
  • Do NOT pass commit all the time
  • Use the hit stick to tackle QBs and not the other tackle buttons (square and X on the PS4). The hit stick animation seems to give the CPU QB an extra millisecond to throw (often giving the 'hit while throwing' animation instead of a sack)
I'm going to refer to this set as version 6.1 and will update the OP shortly.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #1307
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well....I just finished a game as the Bills versus the Chargers and infamous sack-taker Phillip Rivers. Rivers finished with 17/26 for 222 yards with 3 TD/2 INT. He only took 2 sacks (one on a perfectly timed DB blitz and the other on an 'insta-sack' play). Their ground game was terrific as Mathews finished with 29 carries for 135 yards and Woodhead chipped in with 94 yards (71 on a long TD where I whiffed badly on a tackle in-space).

(For those of you wondering....I have personally termed an 'insta-sack play' as a play where all the receivers run curls or comeback routes. They all get covered and since the receivers just sit there, the QB has nowhere to throw. They just stand around and wait...boom....insta-sack. Nothing a slider can do to fix it.)

Think I am going to start a fresh CFM now that I am done testing.
Very pleased with the result....especially against Rivers. I think we are in solid shape here with this set....
Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #1308
Rookie

How's human run game? Pumped to get home and punch these in. Two games left of regular season!!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #1309
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
How's human run game? Pumped to get home and punch these in. Two games left of regular season!!
It's tough if you don't have a good back and line, but I think it's fair. You really have to mix-up PA and runs to get it going.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #1310
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's tough if you don't have a good back and line, but I think it's fair. You really have to mix-up PA and runs to get it going.
with the colts line ive been getting about 100 yards a game total on 20-27 carries
Old 03-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #1311
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf2012
with the colts line ive been getting about 100 yards a game total on 20-27 carries
I think he means with the new set....assuming those are with the old set, expect those numbers to drop a tad bit.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #1312
Rookie

Awesome cannot wait. Cheers for all your effort boys. Still really enjoying madden and it's souly because of blokes dedicated to the cause.
Beer and madden time coming up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »