Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #1321
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Use the coverage shadings, and remember, crossing routes are great against man coverage. I mentioned this, because you didn't specify man or zone. Anyhow, you need to use the coverage shadings, and always keep the down and distance, time remaining, and score in mind, too. Pick what you want to take away in a given situation, and all coverages come with their own strengths and weaknesses, as does your defensive personnel. Knowing what your team does well, or not so well, will help you pick the right coverages, too. Hope this helps, at least a little.
Wonderful advice here. Crossing routes are very effective if one does not execute on defense properly. This isn't a "madden is broken" or slider issue, to me, it does a nice job of replicating real life. You can't expect man coverage to win the day due to all of the traffic (which is the whole point of the crossing route).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #1322
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

OVR: 0

lately my defense has been unstoppable with this set,
using the newer set and for 3 quarters the opposition doesnt get yards, for the last 3 games the opposition hasnt scored a td on offense, when im on offense the game plays great when the cpu is on offense its like im playing on rookie
Old 03-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #1323
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback mate. I'm with you on taking responsibility for deploying the correct coverage, but the way M15 plays makes man coverage obsolete for anything other than go routes.
I have no problem getting the CPU to play excellent man coverage on Human receivers, just can't achieve the reverse.
I think it may have been Josh who cautioned against making the DPI too much lower than OPI because then DBs would jump the route - I've never experienced that with Human DBs on CPU receivers.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #1324
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Wonderful advice here. Crossing routes are very effective if one does not execute on defense properly. This isn't a "madden is broken" or slider issue, to me, it does a nice job of replicating real life. You can't expect man coverage to win the day due to all of the traffic (which is the whole point of the crossing route).
Crossing routes are great.

They run away from man coverage and through zone coverage.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #1325
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce78
Thanks for the feedback mate. I'm with you on taking responsibility for deploying the correct coverage, but the way M15 plays makes man coverage obsolete for anything other than go routes.
I have no problem getting the CPU to play excellent man coverage on Human receivers, just can't achieve the reverse.
I think it may have been Josh who cautioned against making the DPI too much lower than OPI because then DBs would jump the route - I've never experienced that with Human DBs on CPU receivers.
Does anyone know how to do that?
I've witnessed my DB's jump routes and aggressively play the ball before. My sliders are very similar yet different in a few ways to Josh's, so it could be any number of things, however I'm of the belief that slightly lower reaction time and slightly higher pass coverage works nicely. Currently I have 44 reaction time and 36 pass coverage. I also have CPU WR catch at 46, which may or may not minimize the advantage the WR has over the DB. Either way, I like the couple of drops per game from well timed hits and 50/50 balls.

Just some food for thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 01:48 AM   #1326
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

i have played 2 near perfect sim games, i raised cpu acc to 4 and run block to 17 and they have been great games
Old 03-08-2015, 03:13 AM   #1327
Rookie

Cheers, I'll give that a burn and report back.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #1328
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Josh, I was ready to give up on Madden, I haven't enjoyed it in quite a few years, but your slider set has given the game a whole new life. I have had receivers get walled off by hook/curl droppers, and I actually witnessed a curl/flat dropper carry #2 on a seam route. I couldn't believe that happened, I had to pause the game, man, just to make sure I read the coverage right. If you can get the game to play with this much realism via sliders, you know EA could have already released an authentic football title. Thank you for taking the time and energy to develop these sliders, you've taken Madden to a whole new level of realism. Oh, just curious, did you go to OU? If your answer is yes, then I know you could drink all of OS under the table! Lol

Last edited by dsk1317; 03-08-2015 at 06:29 AM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »