JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #129
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

My Madden15 have been collecting dust for about a month... I was so gutted that EA didn't seem to think there's an issue with CPU QB play and left it unadressed in the patch.

After reading through this thread I'm now determined to try and get a CFM going with what you guys come up with - and now that the Wizzzzperer has shown his mug here as well I'm sure you guys will brew something special.

Thanks guys!!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
My Madden15 have been collecting dust for about a month... I was so gutted that EA didn't seem to think there's an issue with CPU QB play and left it unadressed in the patch.

After reading through this thread I'm now determined to try and get a CFM going with what you guys come up with - and now that the Wizzzzperer has shown his mug here as well I'm sure you guys will brew something special.

Thanks guys!!

Kong my man.... HOW you been dog?

As I recall, the Wiz's sliders back in the day, really helped with the fun factor for you and Madden.... Good to see you are still playin' and tappin those plastic squares that the suits call a keyboard....
Old 10-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #131
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
Kong my man.... HOW you been dog?

As I recall, the Wiz's sliders back in the day, really helped with the fun factor for you and Madden.... Good to see you are still playin' and tappin those plastic squares that the suits call a keyboard....
When are you going to upload the sliders? i may give it a 1 or 2 game test today if.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #132
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
When are you going to upload the sliders? i may give it a 1 or 2 game test today if.

OS has to provide me permission to post a thread or blog.... Working on figuring that out... If not, then the Wiz will have to come back from the dead...
Old 10-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #133
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSliderWhisperer
OS has to provide me permission to post a thread or blog.... Working on figuring that out... If not, then the Wiz will have to come back from the dead...
hopefully you can figure that out by tonight. i will have some free time to give it a try and i`m about to hang the gloves any time soon if i don`t see any possible solution to this.

Sacks seems so scripted compared to other years. I don`t get what went wrong.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #134
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Sure, here's what I was using.

User/CPU

QBA - 25
PB - 65/80
WRC - 46
RB - 55/65
FUM - 45
PDR - 60
INT - 33
PDC - 46
TAK - 5

Penalties

OS - 99
FS - 75
HOLD - 75
FM - 53
DPI - 99
OPI - 99
PCI - 50
CLIP - 75
IG - 50
RTP - 50
RTK - 50

Thanks for your help. Really loving the gameplay with these, even with the zone issue. It has just forced me to change up my D and rely on man to man, but I don't like being forced into a particular coverage, I'd prefer to be able to use the entire defensive plalybook.
Why don't you change the PCV and pass reaction values from my set to the ones you have above? If that cleans things up from a coverage perspective, then let me know...
Old 10-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
hopefully you can figure that out by tonight. i will have some free time to give it a try and i`m about to hang the gloves any time soon if i don`t see any possible solution to this.

Sacks seems so scripted compared to other years. I don`t get what went wrong.

One of the things that all OS'ers need to keep in mind is that the sack issue stems directly from the following factors:

1) Terrible AI logic for the CPU OL or HUM OL
2) Terrible CPU QB awareness
3) Bad play calling by the CPU AI (3rd and short at his 35, and the CPU calls for All Streaks for the WR's and only leaves 5 men to block. Logic tells you this is when as a defense YOU WOULD dial up a blitz of 5 or more rushers)

What is happening is that the timing of the pass rush is not synced with either of the above mentioned issues. This can be clearly seen when trying to throw a screen pass...

If you are paying close attention to the animation on a screen pass, the CPU QB and HUM QB feel INSTANT heat when attempting a screen from under center, often times resulting in a sack or a very poorly thrown ball to the RB's head or butt, before the RB and OL even have a time to kick out and set the screen.... If you try a screen from the shotgun, the timing is only slightly better, but NOT BY MUCH!

So the "Band-Aid" to the sack glitch stems from figuring out how to manipulate the pass rush, the problem is that there is no slider that tunes the pass rush, or is there? Back in the day we used to have a designated pass rush slider, but in recent iterations of Madden we have not had one. But, the Wiz believes that a mix of PEN SLIDERS, CPU SLIDERS and HUM SLIDERS can "tame" the timing of the pass rush to make the game much more enjoyable...

Has the Wiz fixed the issue? Not quite. Has the Wiz created a Band-Aid that seems to work more often than not? Possibly so.

The other concern regarding the sack glitch is how do you define a sack that came from the "glitch"? I have reams of data that supports that DIFFERENT QB's, DO react differently to the pass rush and can get rid of the ball better/faster than other QB's (and this is without using QB edited rosters), hence avoiding a sack. And vice versa, other QB's act like they have ALL DAY to read the progressions and get blasted for a sack, even with a 3 man rush!

Defining the sack glitch was initially very hard for me to understand and quantify. I mean, if I get a sack on Geno Smith with a six man blitz, is that a glitch sack? Yet with the same six man blitz, guys like Peyton often (not always) do get rid of the ball or chuck it away...

It was very hard to quantify, it's almost like it is a judgment call after you go back and play the sack on replay in slo-mo and check to see if the OL and RB/FB did everything possible to pick up the blitz, and if so, then go and check the coverage to see if it was so tight that the sack actually was a coverage sack.... If so, then is getting a coverage sack a sack due to the glitch? Again, it is hard to say....

What I can say is that the amount of TOTAL SACKS did go down with the sliders I developed, but I also precluded myself from blitzing every chance I got....

In fact, OS'ers should be aware that in the NFL, at the extreme, blitz'es (defined as 5 rushers or more) are dialed up at most 45% of the time for a passing situation, and at the very least, 3% of the time.

I tended to moderate my blitzing to an average of about 20% - 25% of the time and was consistently achieving between 2-4 sacks per game... In fact, depending on the QB, the more I blitzed the higher his completion percentage was due to the QB using the safety valve and just dumping off the ball.... I liked this because I had to pick my poison; go for the sack, or get burned for a cheap 5-6 yard gain... I like this decision making.

Ho-hum, just some insight to chew on....
Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #136
Banned

Quote:

I am in!

Apparently theSliderWizzzperer just got access to post a thread and a blog! Booooyaaa!

I have a few more things to clean up on the beta sliders, hope to get to them soon and post soon. Would love to provide a more precise ETA, but my work schedule is kinda' hectic right now so I can usually only tinker, test and chart my work during vampire hours.

The upside is that I am close to where I feel comfortable to share for comments, criticism, and further add to the discussion to seek an acceptable work-around some of the more known issues with M15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »