JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 173 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #1377
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_millzor
Is this set for real? Granted this is the first time I've ever played on all madden but I have a hard time seeing how this could ever be fun.

Just played the first half between packers (me) and 49ers, Kaepernick completed 15 of 15 passes and Gore rushed 110 yards on 20 carries. Rodgers completed 4 of 12 and the passing seemed absolutely useless, he wasn't hitting anyone. I ran for 9 yards on 15 carries. I gave up after the first half because it wasn't any fun at all. Rodgers was throwing it all over the place and your o line just collapses on rush plays. Bearing in mind this was on play now, is it hugely different in CFM?
HUGELY different on Play Now....don't even bother. Every player on Play Now games has confidence jacked-up to 65 so they all play exceptionally well. Also, I think there is something with the game settings themselves for 'Play Now' games that is different; but I haven't figured out what.

When you go into a CFM, you WILL see some halves where one team dominates (as in real life), but 9 times out of 10, the stats will normalize in the other half.

Make sure you follow all of my suggestions for setting these up in a CFM...it does make a difference.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-15-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #1378
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
HUGELY different on Play Now....don't even bother. Every player on Play Now games has confidence jacked-up to 65 so they all play exceptionally well. Also, I think there is something with the game settings themselves for 'Play Now' games that is different; but I haven't figured out what.

When you go into a CFM, you WILL see some halves where one team dominates (as in real life), but 9 times out of 10, the stats will normalize in the other half.

Make sure you follow all of my suggestions for setting these up in a CFM...it does make a difference.
Right, I'll give it a go in CFM. I've kind of avoided that mode this year because I think the player development stuff is a mess, but if it plays well I'll try and get through it haha
Old 03-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #1379
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Right, I'll give it a go in CFM. I've kind of avoided that mode this year because I think the player development stuff is a mess, but if it plays well I'll try and get through it haha
I do suggest a couple of CFM house rules which may help with some of the craziness with CFMs confidence/XP system:

1. Do not use confidence boosters unless a player has a confidence of 30 and below. Players/teams go through slumps...this nicely replicates it and makes it far more challenging (and rewarding) to bounce back.
2. Set progression to either every four weeks or end of season. Hold yourself to that same standard. Alternatively, I sometimes will use weekly progression for preseason and bump it up for the regular season.
3. Do not use XP boosts except for players with 3 years or less of experience.
4. Do not change the development trait for players. I personally feel that players in real life develop at their own pace (some guys develop faster than others). However, I don't feel that an individual player's development curve suddenly changes mid-career in real life, so why should it here?

Maybe this will help you....
Old 03-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #1380
Rookie

Quote:
I do suggest a couple of CFM house rules which may help with some of the craziness with CFMs confidence/XP system:

1. Do not use confidence boosters unless a player has a confidence of 30 and below. Players/teams go through slumps...this nicely replicates it and makes it far more challenging (and rewarding) to bounce back.
2. Set progression to either every four weeks or end of season. Hold yourself to that same standard. Alternatively, I sometimes will use weekly progression for preseason and bump it up for the regular season.
4. Do not change the development trait for players. I personally feel that players in real life develop at their own pace (some guys develop faster than others). However, I don't feel that an individual player's development curve suddenly changes mid-career in real life, so why should it here?

I like your house rules as they are nearly the same as mine. I go a little further and don't use confidence boost at all and use XP only for players with a max experience of two years and if they aren't starters. I think starting players should perform in game to get XP and young development backup players gain XP through training.
I set the progression to every four weeks and let the computer decide the spending. So you have a little randomness and you don't have an advantage over the CPU teams.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #1381
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
I like your house rules as they are nearly the same as mine. I go a little further and don't use confidence boost at all and use XP only for players with a max experience of two years and if they aren't starters. I think starting players should perform in game to get XP and young development backup players gain XP through training.
I set the progression to every four weeks and let the computer decide the spending. So you have a little randomness and you don't have an advantage over the CPU teams.
I like the idea of having the CPU handle progression across the board and I wind up doing it for many players due to laziness I do however, like to 'guide' some players' development, especially when trying to stick a square peg into a round hole (like if I am trying to use a 34 style OLB in a 43, I will often build up his zone coverage skills if he is deficient). It's a bit of an immersion thing for me...makes me feel a bit more like a coach.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #1382
Rookie

Quote:

Just finished my first preseason game as the lions against the browns... Aside from the fact there was 11 interceptions and I sacked their QB 15 times it was alright, the auto subs are horrendous though - are they different in preseason games to regular ones? My backup QB took more snaps than Stafford even when we were trailing
Old 03-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #1383
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Just finished my first preseason game as the lions against the browns... Aside from the fact there was 11 interceptions and I sacked their QB 15 times it was alright, the auto subs are horrendous though - are they different in preseason games to regular ones? My backup QB took more snaps than Stafford even when we were trailing
OK....I don't think you set things up correctly. Please follow the directions on the opening post to a "T". You have something very wonky going on with how you set things up. You have to have all three difficulty settings at All Madden, set all settings (including autosubs) the same in the main menu as they are in the CFM. Next, you have to IMPORT the sliders into your CFM (do not manually change each slider). Finally, do not use the defensive camera angle on defense.

If you're sure you've done all these things, then I guess these aren't for you.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:29 PM   #1384
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Mine went screwy!!!!
After plugging in King's adjustment, 1st game was wonderful, now everything feels loopy. And I never, ever change my settings.......HELP!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »