JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 176 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #1401
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Wow, I'm absolutely enjoying these. I'm finding that good teams beat the crap out of me and bad teams are actually bad. Other sets were too extreme - either every game was too easy or even bad teams were playing too well for my tastes. Teams actually play to their skill level now and more importantly bad QB's actually play really poorly. Well done!

I did a fantasy draft just for fun, and it's pretty evident that the CPU sucks at this. Every team has a piss poor offensive line probably averaging low 70's in the ratings department. Even with that, I'm surprisingly not seeing a ton of sacks each game. I'm guessing with a line averaging in the 90's, you will see some damn good pass protection.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #1402
Rookie

armyofone's Arena

OVR: 0

Just want to say thank you.

I play on coach mode only, and your settings are incredible!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #1403
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey guys.....really happy that many of you are enjoying these, sounds like many of you are getting a good, but hopefully, fair challenge. I need some help from all of you though.

I'd really like to ask all of you for feedback on one thing...the human run game. Is the base set (with KRI at 35) too easy, too hard, or just right? Would love some thoughts. I personally think that CPU defenders are about a half a step too fast and shed blocks half a second too early. However, in all of my test games, it always seemed like I was going up against a good defense...so maybe I'm not getting the full berth of the variety these can provide.

I know that I can adjust, if need be, by lowering the KRI slider...but will I be doing myself an injustice by doing so.

Would love some thoughts. When offering feedback, let me know what team and style of offense you are running.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #1404
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

I played my first game on slow speed(ever), and it was hard to adjust to it. I was throwing the ball sooooo early at first, it was down right comical. I think the game is harder on slow, or i'm just too slow to adjust. Lol I noticed a few animations i'd never seen before, or they just stood out more due to the slower game speed. As for the running game, I am torn just a little, because i'd pop a few nice runs on one series, but then on the same drive i'd have a linebacker or D lineman almost take the hand off.... an instantaneous 5 yard loss. Oh, I had the kick/punt return interference at 35.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #1405
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

Played my first game with the pro set, and really enjoyed it. Seemed to play real on most parts.

Simmed through season 1 with the Titans and did the FA, draft and so on. Matt Flynn had a great game at QB, and Sankey ran pretty good. Otherwise things seemed good, and was challenging without being impossible. My WR's created separation, and CB's weren't superhuman.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #1406
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
I played my first game on slow speed(ever), and it was hard to adjust to it. I was throwing the ball sooooo early at first, it was down right comical. I think the game is harder on slow, or i'm just too slow to adjust. Lol I noticed a few animations i'd never seen before, or they just stood out more due to the slower game speed. As for the running game, I am torn just a little, because i'd pop a few nice runs on one series, but then on the same drive i'd have a linebacker or D lineman almost take the hand off.... an instantaneous 5 yard loss. Oh, I had the kick/punt return interference at 35.
I know exactly what you mean. You get a couple of five yard gains and then they are all over you for a few plays. However, I have yet to come close to getting a big gainer. I really think the CPU reaction needs to be tamed ever so slightly. I'm not out for the toughest slider set ever, I want realism. I think dropping the KRI slider to 33 might do the trick.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #1407
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I know exactly what you mean. You get a couple of five yard gains and then they are all over you for a few plays. However, I have yet to come close to getting a big gainer. I really think the CPU reaction needs to be tamed ever so slightly. I'm not out for the toughest slider set ever, I want realism. I think dropping the KRI slider to 33 might do the trick.

I had 27 carriers with matt forte(CFM game), for 121 yards, and a 4.5 average... but my long was only 10 yards. Any play with a pulling linemanh I had to stop calling, so that left me calling a lot of zone and iso runs. One thing I liked about the pass reaction time being lower, the cover 4 safeties reacted just as they should. Madden has the flat foot read just as it should be for the safeties, but there really isn't a true run/pass key... so even if #2 run blocks, they will still retreat 4-5 yards, and this is after the game "shows" the proper flat foot read by the safeties, make that non-read. I would like to base out of quarters coverage, because that(in real life at least) is the only way to get 9 guys in the box versus the run, and still be able to safely handle vertical routes. You and I live in the heart of Big Ten country, so we saw what chris ash did this past year with quarters coverage for the buckeyes, and we've seen pat narduzzi of michigan state(thank god he took the HC job at pitt) have one of the most dominate defenses in all of college football with cover 4 as his base defense. At the nfl level, the vic fangio lead niners D based out of quarters and were a total terror to deal with. The only thing I can think of...lower the reaction time slider, increase run blocking and lower pass coverage, but I would have to do it without getting the defensive A.D.D./frozen player pass coverage you described. Any ideas? Or should I just hope ea/tiburon can actually fix the amazingly broken defense in madden? That's so funny, this was SUPPOSEDLY the year for defense in madden, so I doubt we will see improvements on the defensive side of the ball. Sadly, I blame this arcade game we get year in and year out on tourney players... they need their exploits, like the amazingly OP power runs and traps we have this year, and the coverages are still totally wrong, and that's another must for tourney players to exploit!!! The good folks at Inept Sports, I mean EA Sports, my bad... give us 2 versions of the same damn zone, the curl/flat zone, and neither one is programmed properly... and flat zones differ from coverage to coverage... we need true route recognition and pattern reads. Ok, i'm done venting lol
Old 03-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #1408
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

Has anyone tried these in a full 32 user Online CFM yet? And compiled the stats?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »