JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 178 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #1417
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1225
Everything is set up right buying do use pass commit but not run commit
Do not use pass commit....it's practically an insta-sack button....typically by DTs - as you have seen.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #1418
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Great post....a couple of comments:

1. Were you still having issues on the "pulling linemen" plays with KRI at 33? That has been my biggest peeve thus far. The trick is to balance the sliders without making the up-the-gut calls money plays.
2. The run/pass key....I agree. Another poster commented about the lack of "biting" on PA passes. I think this is a symptom of of your comment about the safeties not keying on run plays. I am 99% sure this is because the pass reaction slider is balanced at 50 (it's actually too balanced and team tendencies - i.e. coaching sliders, aren't compensating).

So.....your theory of lowering both pass reaction and pass coverage would logically make sense. The lower pass reaction slider would key the defenders towards the run, the lower pass coverage slider would get the DBs more into man coverage and would probably help immensely on the outside runs (but, we might make the already atrocious DB reactions for the user team even worse). I used pass coverage settings in the 20-25 range for quite a while - go below 20 and outside runs get easy. I don't remember too much ADD from the DBs as long as things were kept above 20....but that was awhile ago.

I'm going to toy around with a couple of things over the next couple of days.
Well theory doesn't always translate to practice....the possible solution might be far simpler....raising the pass reaction. I bumped up pass reaction to 60....first play on a toss with Forte....78 yard TD. Ran a couple of other outside runs and both were effective gains. Now....not saying I want to go as high as 60 - I remember once seeing a dramatic impact from going from 50 pass reaction to 53.

Going to give that a shot (keeping KRI at 35). As the CPU run game has been mediocre...going to give the human defense a bump to pass reaction at 53....see what happens.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #1419
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Well theory doesn't always translate to practice....the possible solution might be far simpler....raising the pass reaction. I bumped up pass reaction to 60....first play on a toss with Forte....78 yard TD. Ran a couple of other outside runs and both were effective gains. Now....not saying I want to go as high as 60 - I remember once seeing a dramatic impact from going from 50 pass reaction to 53.

Going to give that a shot (keeping KRI at 35). As the CPU run game has been mediocre...going to give the human defense a bump to pass reaction at 53....see what happens.
I'm booting up my ps4 right now, and i'll see if I can get the safeties involved in the run game in cover 4 without screwing up the pass coverage, and without making the outside run game even more difficult. Thanks for keeping me posted, and i'll let you know how it goes!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #1420
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
I'm booting up my ps4 right now, and i'll see if I can get the safeties involved in the run game in cover 4 without screwing up the pass coverage, and without making the outside run game even more difficult. Thanks for keeping me posted, and i'll let you know how it goes!
Well, bumping the pass reaction to 53 definitely made a difference in the feel of the run game. Also saw some biting by LBs on run plays, which was good to see. Very early-stage evaluation but it has stimulated a couple of things we wanted. Don't have time for much else right now....need to get sleep as work has been crazy.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #1421
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Well, bumping the pass reaction to 53 definitely made a difference in the feel of the run game. Also saw some biting by LBs on run plays, which was good to see. Very early-stage evaluation but it has stimulated a couple of things we wanted. Don't have time for much else right now....need to get sleep as work has been crazy.
That's great to hear! I'm going to test out reaction time at 40, pass coverage at 25, hum run blocking at 7, and the cpu run blocking at 20... i'll then try out what you've been doing.

Last edited by dsk1317; 03-18-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #1422
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Do not use pass commit....it's practically an insta-sack button....typically by DTs - as you have seen.
I've gone back and forth on this since I got the game...

I agree that it's probably better to refrain from using Pass Commit with regard to the sack issue, but have you seen any reason to believe that the "consequence" leads to slightly higher than desirable completion percentages by the CPU QB and / or an inflated Third Down Conversion percentages, as a result?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #1423
Rookie

Quote:
Josh, I might have some interesting slider ideas for people to play around with, just need to test on a few more games so I don't look stupid as hell.

I've basically blended your own set, plus the set rushinplayallgame (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2-sliders.html) which are two VERY different sets and then made a few small adjustments as I try to find the sweet spot.

It has led to some serious fun games with my beloved Steelers.

Realistic number of plays
CPU throwing deep.
CPU not throwing too early OR holding on forever.

Getting stat lines against me like:
28 of 38 for 358 1 TD 1 INT (Texans)
25 of 39 for 314 3 TD 2 INT (Browns)
18 of 26 for 228 1 TD 0 INT (Jaguars)

CPU can run on me if I'm not calling everything right... which I often don't.

7 games in: 28 sacks total, which is isn't that outlandish and wouldn't be even that high if I controlled my CB a bit more instead of LB.
23rd ranked pass defense. 9 INTs
31st ranked run defense (somewhat skewed due to some of my dubious open-field tackling which turned some 5 yard runs into like... ... far bigger)
Old 03-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #1424
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I needed to up human man coverage which slider should I move

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »