JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 179 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #1425
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've gone back and forth on this since I got the game...

I agree that it's probably better to refrain from using Pass Commit with regard to the sack issue, but have you seen any reason to believe that the "consequence" leads to slightly higher than desirable completion percentages by the CPU QB and / or an inflated Third Down Conversion percentages, as a result?
With this set....no, I haven't, even without pass commit. With your set, I will use pass commit a fair bit. The reason comes down to one thing - pressure on the QB. We approach things from different angles in our respective sets.

With your set, you minimize sacks by reducing pass rush effectiveness (primarily by means of the RTP slider). In my experience, the pass rush is almost neutralized to unrealistic proportions - that was the sacrifice you made to achieve overall balance. To overcome this on passing downs, use of the pass commit or heavy blitzing becomes necessary at times in order to get the pressure to get the passer and minimizing completion percentage. As your set is essentially an All Pro set, this is probably the only viable approach.

On my set, I minimize sacks by focusing on QBs getting rid of the ball when under pressure and allow the lineplay to be more dynamic and realistic. However, I had to make two sacrifices; fewer deep passes and no allowance for pass commit. Regular pressure (without pass committing) will get to the QBs often enough to force the errant passes needed to keep completion percentage low enough to be realistic. This can work on a pure All Madden set, but it is the trickiest balance, one that can fall apart on the smallest change (particularly the use of pass commit - it enhances the block shed just enough to throw the balance off).

Both approaches work well as I think both of our sets have been quite successful. It is unfortunate that the new pass rush interactions instituted by EA were not balanced more - we would've been able to create awesome sets without making the sacrifices we have had to make.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #1426
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1225
If I needed to up human man coverage which slider should I move
What are you trying to accomplish?
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #1427
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What are you trying to accomplish?
Seems like it's to easy to get separation from the wr's when in man coverage

Last edited by gunit1225; 03-18-2015 at 09:19 PM.
gunit1225 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #1428
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1225
Seems like it's to easy to get separation from the wr's when in man coverage
Welcome to Madden 15....there is really no fix for this in all honesty.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #1429
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Welcome to Madden 15....there is really no fix for this in all honesty.
Well that don't help me lol
gunit1225 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:09 AM   #1430
Rookie
 
dsk1317's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, bumping the pass reaction to 53 definitely made a difference in the feel of the run game. Also saw some biting by LBs on run plays, which was good to see. Very early-stage evaluation but it has stimulated a couple of things we wanted. Don't have time for much else right now....need to get sleep as work has been crazy.
I tried the reaction time at 53, and I did it for both the hum and cpu sliders. I had a lot less time in the pocket, could break off a big gain running off tackle, and the cpu run game was a whole lot better. I also tested reaction time from the ranges of 45 to 38, with the cpu run blocking at 18 and hum at 6. It was too easy to run with the hum run blocking at 6, and the cpu run game was really hard to defend with the cpu run blocking at 18. Oh, I did all of this with the kick/punt return interference set at 33. Crap, I should've tried taking that down to 30 when I had the reaction time at 38. One more thing, I test all the different variations out in CFM, because play now and CFM games play differently.
dsk1317 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:19 AM   #1431
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Yeah, getting back to cpu tackling at 27 is way better for me. Human run game is harder, but still there are possibilities to create big plays . I'm happy with that setting so far. I also note the harmless cpu running game, so i will bump reaction time to 53, and see what happens.

First games in new regular season were against Brady & Alex Smith.

Brady threw for 207 yards - 19 of 37. (51% / 1 TD / 0 INT).

Alex Smith has had even bigger problems, throwing for 32!!!??? yards - 10 of 20. (50% / 0 TD / 1 INT).

Both of them had throws, where they missed just badly on open receivers. I don't want to change cpu qb acc because of int grounding, so there are other options to work with?
Nelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #1432
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,806
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
With this set....no, I haven't, even without pass commit. With your set, I will use pass commit a fair bit. The reason comes down to one thing - pressure on the QB. We approach things from different angles in our respective sets.

With your set, you minimize sacks by reducing pass rush effectiveness (primarily by means of the RTP slider). In my experience, the pass rush is almost neutralized to unrealistic proportions - that was the sacrifice you made to achieve overall balance. To overcome this on passing downs, use of the pass commit or heavy blitzing becomes necessary at times in order to get the pressure to get the passer and minimizing completion percentage. As your set is essentially an All Pro set, this is probably the only viable approach.

On my set, I minimize sacks by focusing on QBs getting rid of the ball when under pressure and allow the lineplay to be more dynamic and realistic. However, I had to make two sacrifices; fewer deep passes and no allowance for pass commit. Regular pressure (without pass committing) will get to the QBs often enough to force the errant passes needed to keep completion percentage low enough to be realistic. This can work on a pure All Madden set, but it is the trickiest balance, one that can fall apart on the smallest change (particularly the use of pass commit - it enhances the block shed just enough to throw the balance off).

Both approaches work well as I think both of our sets have been quite successful. It is unfortunate that the new pass rush interactions instituted by EA were not balanced more - we would've been able to create awesome sets without making the sacrifices we have had to make.
Thank you VERY much for the well reasoned and detailed overview!

FWIW:

I decided to play a game with my set without using Pass Commit...

It's 2018 and a 67 OVR Kirk Cousins was starting for and injured Drew Brees, versus my MIN team in NO...

By the end of the third quarter, he was 25 of 30 for around 300 yards with 2 TDs / 2 INTs / 2 sacks and a whopping 10 plus YPA...

Why?

Well, despite running my usual blitz heavy, TRULY Attacking 4-3, he had all day in the pocket...the amount of time he had back there nearly doubled on more than half his attempts...

He'd cruise around the pocket and eventually hit a wide open Jimmy Graham wandering around 20 yards deep in the secondary...wide open, by that point...

The timing looked and felt waaaaay "off"...even in the screen game...

It pretty much made a mess of some previously decent gameplay, with just that one adjustment being eliminated...

It continues to fascinate me that, one toggle of one level adjustment in the "Cam Newton Intro" sequence leads to so many differences between our two sets...

As you pointed out, mine is more of an AP base than your AM base (which I agree with), but still...



Anyway, thanks (as always) for weighing in!
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Top -