Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #1433
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Yeah, getting back to cpu tackling at 27 is way better for me. Human run game is harder, but still there are possibilities to create big plays . I'm happy with that setting so far. I also note the harmless cpu running game, so i will bump reaction time to 53, and see what happens.

First games in new regular season were against Brady & Alex Smith.

Brady threw for 207 yards - 19 of 37. (51% / 1 TD / 0 INT).

Alex Smith has had even bigger problems, throwing for 32!!!??? yards - 10 of 20. (50% / 0 TD / 1 INT).

Both of them had throws, where they missed just badly on open receivers. I don't want to change cpu qb acc because of int grounding, so there are other options to work with?
Just give it another game or two....see if things even out...in my experience, they often do.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #1434
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Thank you VERY much for the well reasoned and detailed overview!

FWIW:

I decided to play a game with my set without using Pass Commit...

It's 2018 and a 67 OVR Kirk Cousins was starting for and injured Drew Brees, versus my MIN team in NO...

By the end of the third quarter, he was 25 of 30 for around 300 yards with 2 TDs / 2 INTs / 2 sacks and a whopping 10 plus YPA...

Why?

Well, despite running my usual blitz heavy, TRULY Attacking 4-3, he had all day in the pocket...the amount of time he had back there nearly doubled on more than half his attempts...

He'd cruise around the pocket and eventually hit a wide open Jimmy Graham wandering around 20 yards deep in the secondary...wide open, by that point...

The timing looked and felt waaaaay "off"...even in the screen game...

It pretty much made a mess of some previously decent gameplay, with just that one adjustment being eliminated...

It continues to fascinate me that, one toggle of one level adjustment in the "Cam Newton Intro" sequence leads to so many differences between our two sets...

As you pointed out, mine is more of an AP base than your AM base (which I agree with), but still...

Anyway, thanks (as always) for weighing in!
Your experience today is quite the same as what I saw with your set. Now, I like it in that I don't have to limit the functionality offered to us (i.e. house rules). Again, you skinned the proverbial cat differently.

And thank you for figuring out the Cam Newton thing....it has revolutionized how I am looking at a lot of things with this game (and has me going back to some of my past sets). I've got multiple ideas about things to try out now....
Old 03-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #1435
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0

Just curious... how did you come to realize that having your sliders set before the Cam game, in the main menu, and imported into the league was necessary? Does it really make that drastic of a difference if you don't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #1436
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudFuel
Just curious... how did you come to realize that having your sliders set before the Cam game, in the main menu, and imported into the league was necessary? Does it really make that drastic of a difference if you don't?
This was King's discovery....and YES...it makes all the difference in the world.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #1437
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This was King's discovery....and YES...it makes all the difference in the world.
Is it this way for just the person changing the sliders or does everyone that plays in the league need to do this as well?
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM   #1438
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudFuel
Is it this way for just the person changing the sliders or does everyone that plays in the league need to do this as well?
No clue....but I would assume it would be the same for everyone....but the dynamic may not even be there for online games....I have no idea.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #1439
MVP

OVR: 3

@JoshC1977 -

When you and @KingV2k3 refer to 'Pass Commit'...what are you all actually referring to? Is there some sort of adjustment in the play call screen?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #1440
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@JoshC1977 -

When you and @KingV2k3 refer to 'Pass Commit'...what are you all actually referring to? Is there some sort of adjustment in the play call screen?
It's when you hold down on the L2 button and push the right stick up at the LOS (push the right stick down for a 'run commit').

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »