Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #1465
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh, I hope what you've got cooking up works out. How far along in the testing process are you?

Last edited by dsk1317; 03-21-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #1466
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Josh, I hope what you've got cooking up works out. How far along in the testing process are you?
Well, I got line play, run game, and CPU QB play pretty good. Looking at DB/WR coverage. Seeing fumbles and a variety of hits. Added bonus, got some penalties too

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-21-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #1467
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, I got line play, run game, and CPU QB play pretty good. Looking at DB/WR coverage. Seeing fumbles and a variety of hits. Added bonus, got some penalties too
I hope you have a "work in progress" post soon... like... tonight lol
Old 03-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #1468
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

After nearly a day of testing a lot of different things, I keep coming back to this. Here is the base set that I am working off of right now....this is based almost entirely on the NCAA14 OS forum slider set.

Important: The 'Cam Newton Intro difficulty' must be set to All Pro....not All Madden like the last set.

Playcall Style: Slim or Enhanced
Speed: Slow or Normal (I prefer slow)
Gameplay: All Madden
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 18 sec
injuries: 50 (but user preference)
fatigue: 70
speed threshold: 1
ball hawk: off
strafe assist: off
heat seeker assist: off
switch assist: off
Defensive Graphics: off, user preference
Camera: Standard, user preference

HUM
qb acc: 5
pass blocking: 30
wr catching: 45
run blocking: 5
Fumbles: 40
Reaction time: 5
Interceptions: 35
Pass coverage: 30
tackling: 20

CPU
qb acc: 5
pass blocking: 52
wr catching: 45
run blocking: 35
Fumbles: 40
Reaction time: 5
Interceptions: 30
Pass coverage: 30
tackling: 25

Special Teams
FG Power – 50/50
FG Acc - 50/50
Punt Power - 45/45
Punt Acc - 75/75
KO Power - 50/50

Penalties
Offside: 99
False Start:50
Holding: 80
Facemask: 50
DPI: 98
OPI: 99
PCI: 40
Clipping: 50
int grounding: 81 (VERY important - need to modify if you change CPU QBA or threshold)
roughing the passer:50
roughing the kicker: 35

No house rules at this stage other than NOT using the defensive camera.

Now, I need a break from Madden for the day....going to pop in some NCAA and enjoy some college ball.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #1469
Banned

Curious, did you notice anything ratings based? Like man coverage by Revis vs Browner? or playing the run against Jamaal vs Blount?

For me personally, that's the most important. I care more about tackle/pursuit for my linebackers and would want those ratings to matter more than the sliders in terms of wrap up tackles if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #1470
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

I played My first game with these. Man these played so great! I would stick to this set as my final. I played jets in week 9 my jags Franchise. I lost 15-19. Nothing felt cheap or unrealistic.

Great things I saw was Geno Smith threw the ball away. He shook a sack off and just chuck out bounce. He did it multiple times avoiding sacks. Was amazing!!!

I had 3 sacks. But all them were very rewarding.

Then running game was smooth. I had a big TD on first play. 82 yarder. Their run game was hard stop and easy stop. Everything was just great. Honestly I might stick to this set.

Great work josh!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #1471
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Small sample size, but some impressions with dsk's adjustments:

- Human running game seems to be (a lot) harder.
- CPU running game is non-existent. Every attempt was a loss, or a 1-2 yard gain.
- Without blitzing, it seems to be harder to get pressure on the QB.
- If i called blitz, i could sacked QB almost every snap. QB held on the ball way to long, or scrambles into his own OLine.
- QB is more accurate - maybe because of getting more time in the pocket.

But again, it's a small sample size. I will test it with some other games today.

Some different notes, but have nothing to do with the adjustments i think.

- When QB succesfully scrambles, my DB's just stand there and let it happen. They don't try to tackle him.
- Almost every screen play is a safe sack for the human defense. I believe that's an overall madden 15 issue, because i saw it on every set i played with.
Nelly, just as Josh has been doing, I have also spent all day tweaking and testing sliders. I have the kr/pr interference at 32, reaction time set at 39, coverage at 23 for both the cpu and hum. I also turned the hum qb accuracy up one notch to 7, and the cpu tackling up a notch to 26. The cpu now has a run game, btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #1472
Rookie

Started a new CFM, playing as Buccaneers. I've set everything like game prep, contracts, draft etc to the CPU so I can focus on playing the games. I'm using the sliders in the original post, everything set up with Cam Newton difficulty, set up on main menu, then imported into CFM.

First game was against the panthers, managed to grind out a 24-23 win. Newton was horrible all game but it felt great. The offense in particular is right there.

Second game I lost 24-21 to the Rams. This one felt much better overall, I only lost because they returned an INT about 90 yards for a TD. My last ditch desperation bullet down the field with 9 seconds left also got picked off.

After the two games I'm looking at some pretty good overall stats. The game feels great, but reading the tweaks you guys are making is really interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Nelly, just as Josh has been doing, I have also spent all day tweaking and testing sliders. I have the kr/pr interference at 32, reaction time set at 39, coverage at 23 for both the cpu and hum. I also turned the hum qb accuracy up one notch to 7, and the cpu tackling up a notch to 26. The cpu now has a run game, btw.
I did notice the CPU run game to be really weak. In my second game against the Rams I think they ran about 20 plays for around 40 yards... not there at all. When you implement these changes, do you alter them in the main menu then import them into CFM as in the original post? Or is it enough to just alter them in CFM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »