JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 187 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #1489
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
After nearly a day of testing a lot of different things, I keep coming back to this. Here is the base set that I am working off of right now....this is based almost entirely on the NCAA14 OS forum slider set.

Important: The 'Cam Newton Intro difficulty' must be set to All Pro....not All Madden like the last set.

Playcall Style: Slim or Enhanced
Speed: Slow or Normal (I prefer slow)
Gameplay: All Madden
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 18 sec
injuries: 50 (but user preference)
fatigue: 70
speed threshold: 1
ball hawk: off
strafe assist: off
heat seeker assist: off
switch assist: off
Defensive Graphics: off, user preference
Camera: Standard, user preference

HUM
qb acc: 5
pass blocking: 30
wr catching: 45
run blocking: 5
Fumbles: 40
Reaction time: 5
Interceptions: 35
Pass coverage: 30
tackling: 20

CPU
pass blocking: 52
run blocking: 35
Interceptions: 30
tackling: 25

Special Teams
FG Power 50/50
FG Acc - 50/50
Punt Power - 45/45
Punt Acc - 75/75
KO Power - 50/50

Penalties
Offside: 99
False Start:50
Holding: 80
Facemask: 50
DPI: 98
OPI: 99
PCI: 40
Clipping: 50
int grounding: 81 (VERY important - need to modify if you change CPU QBA or threshold)
roughing the passer:50
roughing the kicker: 35

No house rules at this stage other than NOT using the defensive camera.

Now, I need a break from Madden for the day....going to pop in some NCAA and enjoy some college ball.
All my messing with the sliders may have been for not, because i'm going to give these a try. It really sounds like you are having some really great game play. Side note: I haven't had much fun playing madden in a long time(years), but since I found your slider set... I really enjoy the game again!
Old 03-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #1490
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
So therefore you only look at in game actions and not specifically at statistics? Because stats from one game doesn't tell the story. You can judge a slider set after 4-6 games. Do you never play this much games without tweaking?
Basically....when Matt10 and I were working on the NCAA sliders, he would stream on Twitch and as we were both playing our respective games, I would watch what he was seeing and matching it up to what I was seeing in my game (using different teams and opponents). He made the comment to me that the animations and actions on the field were the most important. If you can get the game to play and look realistic, you were on the right path. Well, he was right....I too have found that if the animations and reactions are true-to-life, then more often than not, the stats would work themselves out within the constraints of the game engine.

I don't have time to play out 4-6 games between slider changes. If I see an unrealistic reaction, I will go through the replay and try to figure out why it happened. I will then look at player ratings to see if they corroborate the action...if they do not...it's exit game, tweak, and start again (EA....please allow us to change sliders in the middle of an offline CFM game next year.....). This approach has been invaluable for the sack issue in this game as many people tried to band-aid the issue through extreme means with the block sliders (and usually failing miserably) instead of dealing with the underlying issue (the actions of the QB).

I'll deal with the animations and reactions as I build the sliders, you guys through your normal play give me the stats...more often than not....they jive fairly well.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-22-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #1491
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
After nearly a day of testing a lot of different things, I keep coming back to this. Here is the base set that I am working off of right now....this is based almost entirely on the NCAA14 OS forum slider set.

Important: The 'Cam Newton Intro difficulty' must be set to All Pro....not All Madden like the last set.

Playcall Style: Slim or Enhanced
Speed: Slow or Normal (I prefer slow)
Gameplay: All Madden
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 18 sec
injuries: 50 (but user preference)
fatigue: 70
speed threshold: 1
ball hawk: off
strafe assist: off
heat seeker assist: off
switch assist: off
Defensive Graphics: off, user preference
Camera: Standard, user preference

HUM
pass blocking: 30
run blocking: 5
Interceptions: 35
tackling: 20

CPU
pass blocking: 52
run blocking: 35
Interceptions: 30
tackling: 25

Special Teams
FG Power 50/50
FG Acc - 50/50
Punt Power - 45/45
Punt Acc - 75/75
KO Power - 50/50

Penalties
Offside: 99
False Start:50
Holding: 80
Facemask: 50
DPI: 98
OPI: 99
PCI: 40
Clipping: 50
int grounding: 81 (VERY important - need to modify if you change CPU QBA or threshold)
roughing the passer:50
roughing the kicker: 35

No house rules at this stage other than NOT using the defensive camera.

Now, I need a break from Madden for the day....going to pop in some NCAA and enjoy some college ball.
Are auto subs still set the same?
Old 03-22-2015, 02:07 PM   #1492
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Are auto subs still set the same?
Yes they are...
Old 03-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #1493
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Yes they are...
Ok... thanks
Old 03-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #1494
Rookie

Man, this is SOOOOOOO! close to be THE set. QB play is just amazing, i really love it. Great work, seriously.

I will test it again a couple of games, because i want to be sure 100% when i give detailed feedback. At this point gameplay seems to be nearly perfect with relatively small issues, but again...it's damn close & i think it's done with a few slider changes.

Once again...awesome job!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #1495
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Man, this is SOOOOOOO! close to be THE set. QB play is just amazing, i really love it. Great work, seriously.

I will test it again a couple of games, because i want to be sure 100% when i give detailed feedback. At this point gameplay seems to be nearly perfect with relatively small issues, but again...it's damn close & i think it's done with a few slider changes.

Which set have you played? The 6.1 AM set or the last NCAA based set?
Old 03-22-2015, 03:53 PM   #1496
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly

Thanks Nelly....understanding that you want to get more play in before posting feedback (which you know I appreciate), but can you give me any hint of what your small issues are? I'm back up-and-running now so I am curious what areas you are looking at...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »