JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 192 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #1529
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh, do you play CFM as a Coach, or as an owner - and please tell me which roster you selected.

I still have issues with CPU running game. It's just not there - makes me crazy, because of your and dsk's feedback.
What's your team? I totally rebuilt the broncos after PMs retirement. Just have a extremely strong defense with all of the linebackers rated above 90. Maybe that's the reason, and i should bump CPU rb.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #1530
Rookie

OVR: 4

Was going to ask? Do you find certain use controlled players have massive impact. I found the game played nicely, but i have one strict house rule. Never play any of the left side of defense (LE in 4-3, LOLB in 3-4 or the left hand/ 3T DT) why? COs they are still OP. I either play ride side and no switch or MLB and switch to saftey to make play on deepball
Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #1531
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played the packers in my cfm and didn't get a single sack. First time ever. Well done guys.

I picked Rodgers off twice and thought he missed some easy throws but when he needed to he made some nice sideline ones and third and longs. There was three fumbles by them also.

If I raise CPU talking will that make my run game abit harder?

Thanks for the ground work guys. Everytime I jump on I see new changes on here and worry it'll mess things up as I'm already having a good mix of games, but it then turns out to be better again. Loving what I'm seeing
Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #1532
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've gotten some awesome feedback today, both in the thread and via PM (thanks King for your PM today). Most of the feedback was consistent among each other and for my observations last night.

Been thinking about this stupid game all day at work and what to adjust. I'm going to test out three modifications:

1. KR/PR Interference to 35: Too many extreme angles and not enough read-and-react. We use this on the NCAA set...we tried 40 there too and it was too strong on the run game.
2. CPU RBK to 30. I think I dropped it too much last night after they were overpowering at CPU RBK at 35. 30 is right in the middle, so it should work well.
3. IG needs to be adjusted. We're all seeing the QB hold onto the ball too much, too much scrambling, and too much dink-and-dunk. They are all indicative of the CPU being too tentative to throw unless a WR is wide open. I saw the exact same thing with this setup on NCAA when we, ironically, had IG at 81. We adjusted it to 77 and that cleaned it up quite a bit. I'm going to start at 78 and hope we don't see them holding the ball too long to try to make the downfield throw every time.

In summary, the proposed changes, which I have yet to test, are:
  • CPU RBK to 30
  • KRI to 35
  • IG to 78
As soon as I eat dinner, I am going to dive right in.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-23-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: 77 IG is too low :)
Old 03-23-2015, 06:38 PM   #1533
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I'll answer a couple of today's posts briefly...but as I want to get as much play time in, will keep my responses brief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Josh, do you play CFM as a Coach, or as an owner - and please tell me which roster you selected.

I still have issues with CPU running game. It's just not there - makes me crazy, because of your and dsk's feedback.
What's your team? I totally rebuilt the broncos after PMs retirement. Just have a extremely strong defense with all of the linebackers rated above 90. Maybe that's the reason, and i should bump CPU rb.
I use Rovert/Mizzou's roster....but I don't feel this set should be roster-dependent. I use a wide variety of teams when testing. As per the CPU run game, I am adjusting the sliders - see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Was going to ask? Do you find certain use controlled players have massive impact. I found the game played nicely, but i have one strict house rule. Never play any of the left side of defense (LE in 4-3, LOLB in 3-4 or the left hand/ 3T DT) why? COs they are still OP. I either play ride side and no switch or MLB and switch to saftey to make play on deepball
Short answer....yes....always been that way with Madden. I typically play all along the d-line though...that is my bread-and-butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Just played the packers in my cfm and didn't get a single sack. First time ever. Well done guys.

I picked Rodgers off twice and thought he missed some easy throws but when he needed to he made some nice sideline ones and third and longs. There was three fumbles by them also.

If I raise CPU talking will that make my run game abit harder?

Thanks for the ground work guys. Everytime I jump on I see new changes on here and worry it'll mess things up as I'm already having a good mix of games, but it then turns out to be better again. Loving what I'm seeing
Need more time on the human run game. Try out my above adjustments first and then give them a few games. Pay attention to ratings and see if the results match the ratings.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #1534
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK guys....I know this is a bit fast and furious....but it dawned on me that the CPU PBK slider could be keeping the CPU holding the ball too long. Once I dropped it, the IG at 77 worked MUCH better.

Here are the adjustments (and I suspect this will take care of things):

KRI: 35
CPU PBK: 50
CPU RBK: 30
IG: 77

Opening post has been updated.

Unless something really glaring happens, there will be no more adjustments (tonight for sure...and hopefully never )
Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #1535
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK guys....I know this is a bit fast and furious....but it dawned on me that the CPU PBK slider could be keeping the CPU holding the ball too long. Once I dropped it, the IG at 77 worked MUCH better.

Here are the adjustments (and I suspect this will take care of things):

KRI: 35
CPU PBK: 50
CPU RBK: 30
IG: 77

Opening post has been updated.

Unless something really glaring happens, there will be no more adjustments (tonight for sure...and hopefully never )

So....is this the solid GOLD release? FINAL set?
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #1536
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
So....is this the solid GOLD release? FINAL set?
Ummm...after just watching the ravens execute a fake punt (pass) on me for a first down.....something I have never seen in this game.....perhaps....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »