Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2015, 01:19 AM   #1553
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

ill give the new set ago, with the previous one i went 14-2 (backups were in the last game and i simmed it) as the colts in year 2

i posted the top offense and the 2nd rated defense,

i have an above average team but i dont think i should be winning THIS much, any ideas as to what i should be doing differently ?

i feel like my main issue is the cpu not being able to score on me

i run mainly nickel or dime and mainly run cover 2 man or cover 3 sky

i get 4-5 sacks a game with some games being less and others being more

not blaming the sliders, these are the best ive used to this point just wondering if anyone has some tips
Old 03-24-2015, 03:38 AM   #1554
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

You say we need to adjust the IG slider, if we alter the QBA slider. Stupid question: which way? If I increase human QBA do I bump the IG up or down?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:08 AM   #1555
Rookie

How about the sack numbers with the latest set? This is the only complaint I have about Josh's AM set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 05:21 AM   #1556
Rookie

OVR: 4

What's the idea behind significantly bumping up reaction time?

I've been really happy with my set going on, I dunno, probably 4+ months now without any major changes. It would be an AP/AM/AM set as well, as I would have almost certainly set the Cam Newton intro to All-Pro on initial start up.

Anyway, my set, funnily enough, is very similar to this one. The biggest difference being reaction time decreased as opposed to increased.

I had slightly lowered reaction time (down to 44) as I thought that keyed the defense into the run more - making it more challenging (allowing me to raise run blocking some), and less to the pass - hopefully cutting down the super human, psychic pass coverage at times (coverage being slightly higher at 36 to compensate).

I've been extremely happy with the game play, and for the most part, see the things I want to be seeing in Madden. However, I can confidently say I don't put in the work you guys do (particularly Josh and King), so maybe I'm missing something - or possibly not looking for the right things. Significantly raising reaction time goes against everything I thought but, so you've piked my interest.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #1557
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
What's the idea behind significantly bumping up reaction time?

I've been really happy with my set going on, I dunno, probably 4+ months now without any major changes. It would be an AP/AM/AM set as well, as I would have almost certainly set the Cam Newton intro to All-Pro on initial start up.

Anyway, my set, funnily enough, is very similar to this one. The biggest difference being reaction time decreased as opposed to increased.

I had slightly lowered reaction time (down to 44) as I thought that keyed the defense into the run more - making it more challenging (allowing me to raise run blocking some), and less to the pass - hopefully cutting down the super human, psychic pass coverage at times (coverage being slightly higher at 36 to compensate).

I've been extremely happy with the game play, and for the most part, see the things I want to be seeing in Madden. However, I can confidently say I don't put in the work you guys do (particularly Josh and King), so maybe I'm missing something - or possibly not looking for the right things. Significantly raising reaction time goes against everything I thought but, so you've piked my interest.
Piece of advice....if you have a set you personally love....stick with it.

I have not found it yet, which is the only reason I'm still tweaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDemus
You say we need to adjust the IG slider, if we alter the QBA slider. Stupid question: which way? If I increase human QBA do I bump the IG up or down?
There is a whole thread on this topic.....
Old 03-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #1558
Rookie

Talking Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Man, I slowly lose my assurance & that sucks. Sometimes I think we come to it soooo close, and than again...6 sack games, too much pressure overall, bad QB play (mostly under pressure)) & I personally still struggle with finding a fair running game on both sides, but that's the easiest thing to fix I guess.

I still think the first AP set was the closest to extremely good overall play, but maybe I'm just baffled due to testing & testing again. Lol

Would imagine, I need a break to find my drive again.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #1559
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Piece of advice....if you have a set you personally love....stick with it.

I have not found it yet, which is the only reason I'm still tweaking.
Well, I wouldn't say I love it, but I kinda gave up the constant tweaking and looking for minuscule improvements 4+ months ago due to being, for lack of a better word, "content". I'm more into NBA 2k15 now, honestly.

Anyway, on reaction time being significantly raised, do you still see LB's and S's promptly react to the run, play down hill, and blow up the hole? The main reason I dropped reaction time was to get the LB's and S's off their heels when playing the run and being more aggressive, and conversely to cut down on playing the pass, which I was sure was contributing to the super human, psychic coverage at times.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #1560
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Man, I slowly lose my assurance & that sucks. Sometimes I think we come to it soooo close, and than again...6 sack games, too much pressure overall, bad QB play (mostly under pressure)) & I personally still struggle with finding a fair running game on both sides, but that's the easiest thing to fix I guess.

I still think the first AP set was the closest to extremely good overall play, but maybe I'm just baffled due to testing & testing again. Lol

Would imagine, I need a break to find my drive again.
Six sack games happen, especially if the CPU controls time of possession. Just because you have a six sack game doesn't mean you should throw everything out. You probably already know this though. I am just saying that when you are testing, look at the whole picture instead of what is in the center of your attention. This is for all who are testing these.

Another thing is that plugging sliders midway into a CFM will not give you what you are looking for because of the confidence rating. It is not a controlled variable.

EDIT: As regards to online CFM with multiple users, I can verify that all three level settings play a part in gameplay. So someone with an AP/AM/AM setting will have easier opposition than someone with a AM/AM/AM setting.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 03-24-2015 at 12:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »