JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 196 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #1561
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Yeah but for that reason, I started to test against the same team in CFM. Then I moved on. I'm very interested in feedback from Josh & Co & what they saw & think about my impressions.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #1562
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Six sack games happen, especially if the CPU controls time of possession. Just because you have a six sack game doesn't mean you should throw everything out. You probably already know this though. I am just saying that when you are testing, look at the whole picture instead of what is in the center of your attention. This is for all who are testing these.

Another thing is that plugging sliders midway into a CFM will not give you what you are looking for because of the confidence rating. It is not a controlled variable.
I'm still using josh's all-madden sliders with some tweaks I made. I always check the opposing teams depth chart prior to a game, and I knew I was going to have 5 or 6 sacks, because the team I was playing had two 60 something ovr o-linemen starting. I'm using the lions, and I drafted a kid to replace the aging jason jones... so I have suh, ziggy, fairley, and the guy I drafted to play left end is not only stout against the run, but is also a heck of a pass rusher, too. It all comes down to match ups, and people overlook that far too often. I ended the game with 5 sacks, btw, and the kid I drafted had 3 of them versus a terrible right tackle.

Last edited by dsk1317; 03-24-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #1563
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Yeah but for that reason, I started to test against the same team in CFM. Then I moved on. I'm very interested in feedback from Josh & Co & what they saw & think about my impressions.
Short answer as I am at work on my phone.....the Jags had an eight sack game last season......in real life....

These are not final yet by any means....but as said previously...matchups are crucial.....if the matchups don't jive with the results...that is bad...if they do...we are on the right path.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #1564
Rookie

Of course, but I'm more concerned about HOW these sacks occurred - not about high numbers.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #1565
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly
Of course, but I'm more concerned about HOW these sacks occurred - not about high numbers.
...what WERE you seeing? I need specific observations. If the QB was holding onto the ball too long...what else was going on....? Was the pass rush too strong? What were the matchups like?

You can quote all the sack totals in the world and that isn't going to help much. I suggest that for every sack you record, run a replay and jot down your observations of what happened in the field.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #1566
Banned

Josh - I used the latest set you posted last night before you went to bed.

I was the Browns in week 4 versus the Titans. I won 28-24. Game was 17-3 Titans at half. It was a VERY fun game. I had two sacks. Mettenburger threw ~77% and I got burned every time I called the wrong defense. Matchups were great and my players who were pron to being beat in man got beat.

The only thing I noticed was the HUM run game was pretty easy. I had 7ypcs with Rex Burkhead all game until the 4th and it dropped to 5ypcs. Passing was very difficult, only 180yds 2tds and 1int.

Edit*

The two sacks I had were pretty realistic. I had great man coverage and the pocket collapsed and both times Mettenberger stepped up in the pocket and got sacked while looking for a man. He threw the ball out quick, took a lot of deep shots, and avoided pressure. Was honestly an amazing game by him. Bishop Sankey ran for 4.1ypc. Stopping the pass was pretty hard but not unrealistic. I got burnt on a man blitz with no deep cover for a long TD and got beat on crossing routes when I had a LB on their #3 or #4.

For me personally, just need a harder HUM run game and I'm set!

I really, really appreciate your work Josh. I bounce around with different sliders but always come back to yours. Last night was seriously the most fun I ever had playing Madden. Manziel played just like Manziel would play in real life. He's got super star dev though so by mid season next year he's gonna be a boss

Last edited by GLASS87; 03-24-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #1567
MVP

OVR: 13

Finished my first game with the newest set, Raiders (me) vs Jets, lost 10-16.

HUM run game felt alright (was using a 72ovr RB in a pistol offense). I got big runs, medium runs, and sometimes I just got stuffed. So good variety there. This vs a Jets D-line where the starters were around 95ovr.

CPU run game killed me though, Ivory and Johnson averaged around 5.5-6ypc. My D-line is pretty decent, and the Jets O-line has some holes at guard, yet they tore me right open whenever they needed to up the gut. By the time I got off the block the RB was already about 4 yards up the gut.

Which also reminds me, my pass rushing wasn't very good either. Geno had all day to kinda stand around. So overall, in this game, my D-line was just really weak. Couldn't get any push vs run or pass.

I went 12-30, 150yds, 2int passing. Jets were rushing me pretty good, and the coverage was good, so it kinda made it hard to do much at all.

Of course, we'll see how it plays out after a few more games.

And a question, why the reason for 13 minute quarters? After this game, I got ranked once again in that very common place, top 5 in defense and bottom 5 in offense. I'm thinking though, stretching the quarters out to full to maybe help alleviate this a bit? It'd atleast let the teams get 1 or 2 more possessions to gain some yardage.
Old 03-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #1568
Rookie

Just setup the new sliders to try, starting a new CFM with ravens... First game against the Bengals, wish me luck! Really appreciate all the work you guys are putting in, hopefully we'll have something close soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »