JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 197 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-24-2015, 06:42 PM   #1569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

First game played pretty well... Passing and defence both feel great, fumbles feel about right too. CPU rushing was still low (95 yards off 23 carries) and user rushing was really high ( I clocked 205 yards on 26 carries, I did get a few reeeally long ones including a 63 yard TD on the opening drive). Dalton got sacked 7 times, mostly as a result of trying to keep the ball late on. I got sacked 3 times, which felt about right. Just a few adjustments needed on the rush

Best looking play was early on. Flacco played a PA pass attempt, Pierce didn't take up the block on an incoming blitzer while trying to sell the rush... The blitzed comes in forcing Flacco to throw to smith running a drag route over the middle... But the linebacker was sold on the PA and was focusing on Pierce until the ball left Flacco's hands, giving Smith time to make a great one handed grab in the middle. It looked great.

Last edited by the_millzor; 03-24-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #1570
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Finished my first game with the newest set, Raiders (me) vs Jets, lost 10-16.

HUM run game felt alright (was using a 72ovr RB in a pistol offense). I got big runs, medium runs, and sometimes I just got stuffed. So good variety there. This vs a Jets D-line where the starters were around 95ovr.

CPU run game killed me though, Ivory and Johnson averaged around 5.5-6ypc. My D-line is pretty decent, and the Jets O-line has some holes at guard, yet they tore me right open whenever they needed to up the gut. By the time I got off the block the RB was already about 4 yards up the gut.

Which also reminds me, my pass rushing wasn't very good either. Geno had all day to kinda stand around. So overall, in this game, my D-line was just really weak. Couldn't get any push vs run or pass.

I went 12-30, 150yds, 2int passing. Jets were rushing me pretty good, and the coverage was good, so it kinda made it hard to do much at all.

Of course, we'll see how it plays out after a few more games.

And a question, why the reason for 13 minute quarters? After this game, I got ranked once again in that very common place, top 5 in defense and bottom 5 in offense. I'm thinking though, stretching the quarters out to full to maybe help alleviate this a bit? It'd atleast let the teams get 1 or 2 more possessions to gain some yardage.
im generally top 5 in both with the 13 minute sliders,not to insult you but it might be your play style, or the teams you play as
Old 03-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #1571
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Going to play a bit more tonight. As per the quarter length, it is all about the number of plays per game. The last three years, NFL games an average of around 122-125 plays (from the LOS) per game.

If you're not hitting that, then that is a problem. On the other hand, if sim stats in the game aren't jiving with those numbers, then that is a problem too. Has anyone run an extrapolation from three or four seasons of M15 to assess the average number of plays per game?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:11 PM   #1572
Rookie

OVR: 1

13 min quarters have given me around 120 plays per game so imo it's good
Old 03-24-2015, 10:26 PM   #1573
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I posted a quick update on the opening post. QBs are playing better now with the lower PBK slider as they aren't holding onto the ball as long. I compensated with lowering the offsides, false start, and holding sliders and raising RTK (to help the run game).

Likely won't play more till Thursday/Friday, but thought I would get these out there.

Still very much a Work In Progress...but feel free to try them out.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:32 PM   #1574
Rookie

OVR: 1

Going to play Cpu now with these sliders if you want to watch Josh, loc1225 on twitch
Old 03-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #1575
MVP

OVR: 13

So, since my last post vs Jets, I've gone to week 7. 3-3 as Raiders. I run a Pistol offense, and 4-3

-OFFENSE-
Second LAST in pass offense.
FIRST in rush offense

-DEFENSE-
+[top 15] Rush Yards allowed
-[Bottom 15] Pass Yards allowed

What I've realized, it's horribly hard to give feedback on sliders since each team has such a damn unique personality, lol. I couldn't do anything vs the Jets, yet I could rush and throw FUNSLINGIN' passes all over the Texans, I couldn't do anything against the Dolphins D but since their starting QB was injured I was able to sack and INT the backup and win, etc.

I want to complain about my pass rush on some games, but then the next game I feel I get too much. Sometimes I feel like I can't pass AT ALL, other games I scramble and throw off my back foot making huge plays.

Each game, I literally have no idea what is going to happen. Around half-time, I have to sorta gameplan about what worked and what didn't in the previous second quarters. So maybe this is a great thing? I definitely dig it.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 03-24-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:32 AM   #1576
Rookie

I'm halfway through my second game now, against the Steelers. I can't do anything. Roethlisberger went off injured and their 69 OVR backup QB just came on and threw 7/8 completions for 80 yards on a TD on their first drive. Flacco is 4/11. I can't stop them and I can't get any yards at all. At least the set is unpredictable I suppose? I think I preferred it before the most recent adjustments though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »