JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 205 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-31-2015, 03:53 AM   #1633
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

I mentioned a few pages ago that I settled on my slider set several months back and haven't made any adjustments since. They were based off of Josh's and King's. Well with the issues you guys are having here, and dsk1317 giving his 2 cents, I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring too. I'm sure they can be improved, but this is the best I personally have had M15 playing. Hopefully the values can help some, and people may be even willing to test them exactly as is (I'd certainly recommend it) for a different perspective. Anyway, here goes:

All-Madden (AP/AM/AM)
Speed: Normal
Injuries: 48
Fatigue: 60
Threshold: 44

FS: 60
HLD: 70
FM: 30
DPI: 97
OPI: 100
KRI: 37
CLP: 60
IG: 57
RTP: 50
RTK: 37

USER CPU
QBA: 6 4
PB: 30 30
WRC: 48 46

RB: 20 20
FUM: 40 40

RT: 44 44
INT: 30 30
PC: 36 36

TKL: 24 24

FGP: 50 50
FGA: 0 40
PP: 50 50
PA: 0 60
KOP: 50 50

Good luck guys! I truly enjoyed M15 this year. Great game.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:30 AM   #1634
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I mentioned a few pages ago that I settled on my slider set several months back and haven't made any adjustments since. They were based off of Josh's and King's. Well with the issues you guys are having here, and dsk1317 giving his 2 cents, I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring too. I'm sure they can be improved, but this is the best I personally have had M15 playing. Hopefully the values can help some, and people may be even willing to test them exactly as is (I'd certainly recommend it) for a different perspective. Anyway, here goes:

All-Madden (AP/AM/AM)

USER CPU

I will give these a test run in the next couple of days. I had never tried sliders till about 3 weeks ago, and these past 3 weeks have been the most enjoyable 3 weeks of Madden I have had in years.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 PM   #1635
Rookie

Not sure how much has been changed over last few days, but the set posted for AP/AM/AM the other day is playing well for me. First time I feel like a win is rewarding and if I play ****, then I get punished.

Playing as the Vikings I am 2-2

Lost 17-13 to the Rams
Won 31-17 against the Pats
Won 14-9 against the Saints
Lost 24-3 against the Falcons.

AP - 103 for 388yds - Struggling to RTB at the moment, but O-line is not the best other than Loadholt

Teddy B - 46/97 655yds 2TD 3INT - Passing is hard but I have a rookie QB and again average O-line

Defense -8th in total yards, 11 Sacks, 1FR, 2INT

CPU QB's - 25/31, 23/59, 26/42 and 18/25. That's 80%, 56%, 62% and 72%.

Its funny how people get different results, confidence is a massive slider killer. I never boost confidence unless player under 45
Old 03-31-2015, 06:38 PM   #1636
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56

All-Madden (AP/AM/AM)

USER CPU

Can you confirm these settings? The IG looks way off from where it should be (I would expect it to be in the high-70s to low 80s based on your CPU QBA and threshold).
Old 04-01-2015, 03:33 AM   #1637
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Can you confirm these settings? The IG looks way off from where it should be (I would expect it to be in the high-70s to low 80s based on your CPU QBA and threshold).
Confirmed.

Maybe the game could be improved with significantly raising IG, but 57 has worked well for me, producing some nice QB play. They generally have decent pocket awareness and overall IQ, and the thing I like most is the fact they actually take shots down field, as opposed to dinking and dunking everything. Can't recall any huge sack games that plague M15, only the occasional dumb sack, which I'm of the opinion cannot be completely eliminated, but you take the good with the bad, the good being the CPU's vertical passing attack mixed with decent overall IQ, and a cut down in the overinflated sack numbers.

What makes you think my IG should be high 70's to low 80's? Your set has QBA @ 5, threshold @ 19, and IG @ 76. My threshold is significantly different to yours, so I wouldn't think it would be in the same ballpark. Likewise, Armor's pure All-Pro slider set has QBA @ 10, threshold @ 0, and IG @ 77 (as recommended by you). Tbh I'm not really sure how that works, as essentially the same exact IG is working for two completely different, night and day sets. Add mine on top, and call me puzzled in regards to how a high 70's to low 80's IG setting would effectively work on a third completely different slider set, unless of course threshold and QBA don't factor in at all, which I was under the impression it does (and even you alluded to above).
Old 04-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #1638
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

IG is complicated, I will grant you that and perhaps my tone was a tad stronger than intended....let's just say that 57 surprised me. Your QBA and thresh are darn close to king's set and I would expect the thresh and QBA differences to balance out...and his is at 80 and it works well.

I'm always open to new ideas and I am going to take a hard look at your settings (....just don't expect me to play on normal speed
Old 04-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #1639
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
IG is complicated, I will grant you that and perhaps my tone was a tad stronger than intended....let's just say that 57 surprised me. Your QBA and thresh are darn close to king's set and I would expect the thresh and QBA differences to balance out...and his is at 80 and it works well.

I'm always open to new ideas and I am going to take a hard look at your settings (....just don't expect me to play on normal speed
I've kind of put M15 down for the moment as I've been playing a lot more NBA 2K15, but I will undoubtedly pick it back up again, and when I do I'll give IG in the ballpark of 80 a good look-see, but 57 or thereabouts never had me complaining much.

As for normal speed, I completely understand your stance, as I was a lifelong slow speed player, however I decided to try normal (which admittedly took a good bit of adjusting to) as I was semi-convinced it not only sped up the gameplay, but also the CPU's decision making, which would obviously be very beneficial to the QB play. After the adjustment period, I was very happy (and still am to this day) of the decision to switch back to normal speed, and this coming from someone who loved slow speed. I'm still semi-convinced it helps a tad with the CPU QB's decision making, or the ability to get the ball out anyway. Offensively, it's an added challenge too, with the rush coming at you quicker and everything moving at a faster pace, so I appreciated that aspect of it as well. Your decision making (both running and passing) needs to be just that little bit quicker.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:13 AM   #1640
Rookie

OVR: 1

So, for the past week, all I've been doing is testing out sliders to try and increase pass deflections. Based on what I've seen to date, I'd love to get some advice/insight into a couple different sliders and their impact on the game.

Speed Threshold
So, I did a test of several games with Josh's latest slider set with Speed Threshold at 19 and then several games with everything the same except Threshold at 50, and it made a huge difference. Besides the players moving differently, the positive I noticed was an increase in deflections. Each team had 2-4 deflections in each game. Plus, there were less weird broken tackles and harder hits, so more fumbles, obviously. However, sacks increased dramatically and there seemed to be less deep passes attempted.

Josh, I know you have spoken about how Threshold impacts the IG slider and sacks, but can you explain exactly how? If I increase Threshold, do I need to increase IG to compensate? Or another slider? I like what I was seeing with Threshold at 50, but not if it means crazy sacks again.

OPI
I also tested a set where all I did with Josh's set was play with OPI at 50 and then OPI matched with DPI, and that also made a difference. I actually liked OPI at 50 much better. For some reason, deep throw counts (anything 20+ yards) doubled in all those games...I was seeing at least 4-8 a game per team, and I saw more WR/DB jump battles. In fact, for the first time, I saw a Hail Mary pass completed with 5 guys around the ball and my WR jumped up and got it. Can someone explain in more detail exactly what OPI does? Perhaps a "before/after" example so I can better understand what I'm seeing?

I have no doubt that a high DPI increases deflections. When I tested it at 50, I saw 1 a game. With it at 90 or above, I saw 2 a game per team. With Threshold at 50 and DPI at 90, I saw even more. So, if I can figure out how to decrease sacks with Threshold at 50, in theory I think I can be happy with the DB play more. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »