Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #1641
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Good stuff picker....look, I am very annoyed with the IG settings in general right now as I am just not seeing the CPU take the really deep shots down the field. I too have been looking at raising threshold to a higher number. I do not think you will have any sack issues by keeping the Ig where we have it now and then raising threshold to 50.

I will be playing around a bit with things this weekend...keep me in the loop about your tests.

Edit: just saw that I misread your post....try bumping up Ig to 80 with thresh at 50....

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-03-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #1642
Pro

OVR: 1

Thanks for the feedback. Please let me know if you come up with anything, and I will share anything new as I continue my testing, since I'm becoming slightly obsessed with figuring out deflections. I'm leaning towards leaving OPI at 50 and DPI at 90 or so, since that's when I saw the most deep passes and better WR animations. With IG = 75, QBA = 6, ST = 19, OPI = 50 and DPI = 90, I saw a good # of deep balls and less sacks (never more than 3 against the CPU). But deflections averaged 2 per team/game. I might have to live with that, but I'm curious if the Threshold slider can help improve that. But again, too many sacks and less deep balls is ruining it. Maybe there's a happy medium.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I come across anything interesting.

BTW, does RTK impact the pass rush at all? And can you confirm...lowering it increases pursuit, not the opposite?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #1643
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Hey Josh:

I'm STILL messing around with my set and the following (seemingly minor) changes, have resulted in:

1) Better CPU QB Pocket Presence / Even Less Sacks

2) Much higher CPU QB Passing Yardage and YPA / DEEP Shots

3) More HUM Passes Defended

4) More Effective HUM Passing Game

I haven't updated my blog, due to small sample / work in progress, but:

OPI: 98
DPI: 96
RTP: 60

Thanks for influencing me to look at those areas!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #1644
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Thanks for the feedback. Please let me know if you come up with anything, and I will share anything new as I continue my testing, since I'm becoming slightly obsessed with figuring out deflections. I'm leaning towards leaving OPI at 50 and DPI at 90 or so, since that's when I saw the most deep passes and better WR animations. With IG = 75, QBA = 6, ST = 19, OPI = 50 and DPI = 90, I saw a good # of deep balls and less sacks (never more than 3 against the CPU). But deflections averaged 2 per team/game. I might have to live with that, but I'm curious if the Threshold slider can help improve that. But again, too many sacks and less deep balls is ruining it. Maybe there's a happy medium.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I come across anything interesting.

BTW, does RTK impact the pass rush at all? And can you confirm...lowering it increases pursuit, not the opposite?
Like the proposed changes....going to check them out after work. Try bumping up PCV to 35 but drop pass reaction to 65 to see if you get more deflection.

As for RTK, you are correct. It DOES, to a small degree, affect pass rush....but not much. RTK influences pursuit in tandem with the PCI and TAK sliders. Go lower on RTK for more pursuit, but steeper pursuit angles.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #1645
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Hey Josh:

I'm STILL messing around with my set and the following (seemingly minor) changes, have resulted in:

1) Better CPU QB Pocket Presence / Even Less Sacks

2) Much higher CPU QB Passing Yardage and YPA / DEEP Shots

3) More HUM Passes Defended

4) More Effective HUM Passing Game

I haven't updated my blog, due to small sample / work in progress, but:

OPI: 98
DPI: 96
RTP: 60

Thanks for influencing me to look at those areas!
Awesome man....it sounds like you are getting things really nailed down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #1646
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Like the proposed changes....going to check them out after work. Try bumping up PCV to 35 but drop pass reaction to 65 to see if you get more deflection.

As for RTK, you are correct. It DOES, to a small degree, affect pass rush....but not much. RTK influences pursuit in tandem with the PCI and TAK sliders. Go lower on RTK for more pursuit, but steeper pursuit angles.
Thanks, Josh. But before I play around with Pass Reaction, I must confess, I'm still struggling with understanding what it does, despite reading your OP description. It sounds like the more you increase it, the faster the defense reacts to the pass but reacts slower to the run. Did I get that right? And if so, how does the translate to the game play? In other words, does a higher reaction time mean that DBs are quicker at tracking the ball in the air (and conversely, slower to attack the LOS during a run play)? I remember you mentioned to me in an earlier post the when Reaction Time was too high, you saw DBs run the opposite way of the ball, which obviously makes no sense. You'd think the DBs would be more psychic and get to the ball faster. If you could shed any light on this slider more, I'd greatly appreciate it. I just need to know what I'm looking for when I test it out.

Also, a point on the PCV slider. From what I've read, the lower you go, the more likely the DBs stick to the routes, but show less aggression. But two things I've seen this week when I increased PCV:

1) there were less deep throws and more sacks (but I couldn't tell if that was because of improved coverage or not); and 2) I did not see an increase in deflections, surprisingly. When I go back and review all my notes, the only time I have seen pass deflections up is when DPI goes up.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #1647
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Awesome man....it sounds like you are getting things really nailed down.
Yeah, since it's baseball season and all...better late than, etc...

Anyway, if you do have interest in revisiting my set sometime down the road, please take a look at those changes and let me know what you think...

The impact has been similar to "floor spacing" in basketball...things are a little less bunched up and look / feel / play a bit smoother...

Those changes have made me see a bit of the "pursuit angle" / over pursuit issues you've been preempting with your sets...

Would you recommend that I look into dropping PCI a bit lower than the current default setting?

Since I've been pivoting around default values and thresh, is that the place to look?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:26 PM   #1648
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Yeah, since it's baseball season and all...better late than, etc...

Anyway, if you do have interest in revisiting my set sometime down the road, please take a look at those changes and let me know what you think...

The impact has been similar to "floor spacing" in basketball...things are a little less bunched up and look / feel / play a bit smoother...

Those changes have made me see a bit of the "pursuit angle" / over pursuit issues you've been preempting with your sets...

Would you recommend that I look into dropping PCI a bit lower than the current default setting?

Since I've been pivoting around default values and thresh, is that the place to look?

Thanks!
Still at work and on my phone...so picker...I will back to you later as your question is a bit more in depth.

King....if you think the pursuit angles are too extreme, I would try bumping up RTK to be 5 points over Pci....that seems to be a rough ideal in my experience.

One good way to test angles is to run a base 43 man coverage play. Then do a run commit...see how the lbs attack the gaps and the ball carrier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »