JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 207 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-03-2015, 04:41 PM   #1649
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
King....if you think the pursuit angles are too extreme, I would try bumping up RTK to be 5 points over Pci....that seems to be a rough ideal in my experience.

One good way to test angles is to run a base 43 man coverage play. Then do a run commit...see how the lbs attack the gaps and the ball carrier.
That makes sense, in that I'm looking for SLIGHTLY more "read" than "react"...the disparity between PCI and RTK should get me there...

Esp. with a slightly lower than default PCI...

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #1650
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
That makes sense, in that I'm looking for SLIGHTLY more "read" than "react"...the disparity between PCI and RTK should get me there...

Esp. with a slightly lower than default PCI...

Thanks!
You got it!! It is still dependant on other sliders, but I have found that a slight gap here gives a little better balance than when the two are even.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #1651
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

Just picked up this game a few weeks back. Ive been hard at everyone sliders to see what fits my play style. Of course I had to try these which I really like at the moment. I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread. Which roster would be best or at least an upgrade over default? I found out pretty quick in two games using the default roster is pretty tough losing a combined 103-21 while giving up over 530 yards a game. I believe I input the sliders right and the games played out good but default ratings seemed to be a bit overboard. I am the Falcons and played both the Dolphins and Jets and they both had over 33 pancakes. With most sets this was my main problem so I can't comment on anything other than it plays out nicely and I definitely will need a roster. Any suggestions are appreciated, I look foward to playing with this set with an improved roster.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #1652
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Just picked up this game a few weeks back. Ive been hard at everyone sliders to see what fits my play style. Of course I had to try these which I really like at the moment. I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread. Which roster would be best or at least an upgrade over default? I found out pretty quick in two games using the default roster is pretty tough losing a combined 103-21 while giving up over 530 yards a game. I believe I input the sliders right and the games played out good but default ratings seemed to be a bit overboard. I am the Falcons and played both the Dolphins and Jets and they both had over 33 pancakes. With most sets this was my main problem so I can't comment on anything other than it plays out nicely and I definitely will need a roster. Any suggestions are appreciated, I look foward to playing with this set with an improved roster.
Hey jp...if you're on PS4, I'd recommend Rovert and Mizzou's roster....it's basically an end-of-season roster but pretty good. If you're on the other system, I have no idea...someone else will have to chime in...
Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #1653
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey jp...if you're on PS4, I'd recommend Rovert and Mizzou's roster....it's basically an end-of-season roster but pretty good. If you're on the other system, I have no idea...someone else will have to chime in...
Ok, yes ps4 thanks for the quick response il get a few games in.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #1654
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK guys.....I went back through my 'notes' to try to resolve the QB play. I originally bumped-up the IG slider when we switched to AP/AM/AM as I assumed that the AP setting would drive the IG setting....it does not....I went back to my old AM settings for IG and was quickly able to nail it down after a couple of weeks of having it up way too high.

I finally got this back to where I want this with a setting of 53. I'm finally seeing CPU QBs (at least with an 'aggressive' force passes trait) throw bombs again and attacking the deep routes when they are open. So...that is a big win!

I also made a couple of other changes. I bumped up human run block to 10 as I just felt like the human run blocking was not properly reflecting ratings. I also reverted back to OPI/DPI of 99/98 as I know it is at least effective for coverage (if not for getting meaningful pass deflections). I'm still looking for a good coverage balance here that will work with the remainder of these settings.

The OP has been updated with what I am rolling with for the time being....

Edit: oops....forgot to add that I was bumping up RTP to 55 to help slow down the pass rush a tad

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-04-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #1655
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK.....I just could not do the OPI/DPI at 99/98, so I started playing around again. Went back to the 90/85 concept, but tightened it up a bit as I saw a little too much separation there. Went to 90/87 OPI/DPI with 40 PCI and saw some MUCH better stuff from an animation standpoint (WRs laying out for catches, DBs reacting better to the ball, etc.) than I saw with OPI/DPI in the upper 90s.

Unless I see something really wacky, I'm going to stick with this setup for a while and see how it holds up....if there is anyone not playing The Show right now that wants to try this out, please do so

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-04-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #1656
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm testing out a few other ideas, but I will eventually come back to your set. I will say, as of now I prefer keeping OPI at 50. I see plenty of great WR animations and jumps, dives, etc. thrown.

Josh, if you have a moment, could you explain a bit more your experience with the following sliders? I reread your OP, but per your comments above, I'm a bit confused, so before I do some more testing, some examples would be a big help.

--PCI = Your latest post mentions how a higher PCI can help with pass defense? How so? Is that because it increases reaction time overall?

--PRT = I know I bugged you about this before a few posts ago, but if you can really teach me what the heck this darn slide does, I'd greatly appreciate it.

--RTP = I know you said it can mitigate the pass rush, but how? Wouldn't it improve the rush by making them more aggressive (in theory)?

--RTK -- Do you think this slider has any effect on pass coverage?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »