JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 207 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2015, 04:41 PM   #1649
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,800
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
King....if you think the pursuit angles are too extreme, I would try bumping up RTK to be 5 points over Pci....that seems to be a rough ideal in my experience.

One good way to test angles is to run a base 43 man coverage play. Then do a run commit...see how the lbs attack the gaps and the ball carrier.
That makes sense, in that I'm looking for SLIGHTLY more "read" than "react"...the disparity between PCI and RTK should get me there...

Esp. with a slightly lower than default PCI...

Thanks!
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #1650
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
That makes sense, in that I'm looking for SLIGHTLY more "read" than "react"...the disparity between PCI and RTK should get me there...

Esp. with a slightly lower than default PCI...

Thanks!
You got it!! It is still dependant on other sliders, but I have found that a slight gap here gives a little better balance than when the two are even.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #1651
MVP
 
jp18's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Humphrey, NE
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Just picked up this game a few weeks back. Ive been hard at everyone sliders to see what fits my play style. Of course I had to try these which I really like at the moment. I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread. Which roster would be best or at least an upgrade over default? I found out pretty quick in two games using the default roster is pretty tough losing a combined 103-21 while giving up over 530 yards a game. I believe I input the sliders right and the games played out good but default ratings seemed to be a bit overboard. I am the Falcons and played both the Dolphins and Jets and they both had over 33 pancakes. With most sets this was my main problem so I can't comment on anything other than it plays out nicely and I definitely will need a roster. Any suggestions are appreciated, I look foward to playing with this set with an improved roster.
jp18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #1652
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Just picked up this game a few weeks back. Ive been hard at everyone sliders to see what fits my play style. Of course I had to try these which I really like at the moment. I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread. Which roster would be best or at least an upgrade over default? I found out pretty quick in two games using the default roster is pretty tough losing a combined 103-21 while giving up over 530 yards a game. I believe I input the sliders right and the games played out good but default ratings seemed to be a bit overboard. I am the Falcons and played both the Dolphins and Jets and they both had over 33 pancakes. With most sets this was my main problem so I can't comment on anything other than it plays out nicely and I definitely will need a roster. Any suggestions are appreciated, I look foward to playing with this set with an improved roster.
Hey jp...if you're on PS4, I'd recommend Rovert and Mizzou's roster....it's basically an end-of-season roster but pretty good. If you're on the other system, I have no idea...someone else will have to chime in...
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #1653
MVP
 
jp18's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Humphrey, NE
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey jp...if you're on PS4, I'd recommend Rovert and Mizzou's roster....it's basically an end-of-season roster but pretty good. If you're on the other system, I have no idea...someone else will have to chime in...
Ok, yes ps4 thanks for the quick response il get a few games in.
jp18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:17 PM   #1654
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

OK guys.....I went back through my 'notes' to try to resolve the QB play. I originally bumped-up the IG slider when we switched to AP/AM/AM as I assumed that the AP setting would drive the IG setting....it does not....I went back to my old AM settings for IG and was quickly able to nail it down after a couple of weeks of having it up way too high.

I finally got this back to where I want this with a setting of 53. I'm finally seeing CPU QBs (at least with an 'aggressive' force passes trait) throw bombs again and attacking the deep routes when they are open. So...that is a big win!

I also made a couple of other changes. I bumped up human run block to 10 as I just felt like the human run blocking was not properly reflecting ratings. I also reverted back to OPI/DPI of 99/98 as I know it is at least effective for coverage (if not for getting meaningful pass deflections). I'm still looking for a good coverage balance here that will work with the remainder of these settings.

The OP has been updated with what I am rolling with for the time being....

Edit: oops....forgot to add that I was bumping up RTP to 55 to help slow down the pass rush a tad
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-04-2015 at 06:36 PM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #1655
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

OK.....I just could not do the OPI/DPI at 99/98, so I started playing around again. Went back to the 90/85 concept, but tightened it up a bit as I saw a little too much separation there. Went to 90/87 OPI/DPI with 40 PCI and saw some MUCH better stuff from an animation standpoint (WRs laying out for catches, DBs reacting better to the ball, etc.) than I saw with OPI/DPI in the upper 90s.

Unless I see something really wacky, I'm going to stick with this setup for a while and see how it holds up....if there is anyone not playing The Show right now that wants to try this out, please do so
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-04-2015 at 07:25 PM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #1656
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2004
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

I'm testing out a few other ideas, but I will eventually come back to your set. I will say, as of now I prefer keeping OPI at 50. I see plenty of great WR animations and jumps, dives, etc. thrown.

Josh, if you have a moment, could you explain a bit more your experience with the following sliders? I reread your OP, but per your comments above, I'm a bit confused, so before I do some more testing, some examples would be a big help.

--PCI = Your latest post mentions how a higher PCI can help with pass defense? How so? Is that because it increases reaction time overall?

--PRT = I know I bugged you about this before a few posts ago, but if you can really teach me what the heck this darn slide does, I'd greatly appreciate it.

--RTP = I know you said it can mitigate the pass rush, but how? Wouldn't it improve the rush by making them more aggressive (in theory)?

--RTK -- Do you think this slider has any effect on pass coverage?
picker19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Top -