Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #1657
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh!! Just won a nailbiter in Jacksonville with my Browns!

I lowered fumbles down to 30 because I think running back traits might show a bit more and Robinson was tough to handle. I had to switch my defense up and force him inside or he was tough to handle.

I didn't see your post about RTP and had 7 sacks, 4 from Kruger!!!

I'll get a chance to play tomorrow or maybe later tonight with your new updates though and will report back.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #1658
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I'm testing out a few other ideas, but I will eventually come back to your set. I will say, as of now I prefer keeping OPI at 50. I see plenty of great WR animations and jumps, dives, etc. thrown.

Josh, if you have a moment, could you explain a bit more your experience with the following sliders? I reread your OP, but per your comments above, I'm a bit confused, so before I do some more testing, some examples would be a big help.

--PCI = Your latest post mentions how a higher PCI can help with pass defense? How so? Is that because it increases reaction time overall?

--PRT = I know I bugged you about this before a few posts ago, but if you can really teach me what the heck this darn slide does, I'd greatly appreciate it.

--RTP = I know you said it can mitigate the pass rush, but how? Wouldn't it improve the rush by making them more aggressive (in theory)?

--RTK -- Do you think this slider has any effect on pass coverage?
Sorry I never got back to you on these....here are some quick answers:

PCI: Yes, this affects defender reactions overall...the higher it goes, the more reactive and the more aggressive they are (to the point if it is too high, they will badly overpursue)

PRT: It is a tendency slider for sure (above 50 is pass-oriented, below 50 is run-oriented). I suspect it does more than that....but haven't nailed it down.

RTP: The higher you go, the more it slows down block shedding. However, it comes at the cost of making the QBs get rid of the ball slower.

RTK: Does it affect pass coverage? Probably from a positioning standpoint as lower settings cause them to be more aggressive in pursuit...I think the biggest affect though is in the run game and on pass plays after the ball is caught.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
As per your changes....I did try them....and I'm not seeing it. WRs are way too passive in going after the ball for my taste. Something just felt off to me....I can't explain it very well..
Old 04-05-2015, 03:09 AM   #1659
Rookie

OVR: 4

Josh, that 53 IG setting looks good.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #1660
Rookie

OVR: 4

Josh, definitely stick with 90/85 OPI/DPI.

Just played with the Bears. Through a deep sideline jump ball to Marshall. He had 2 defenders with him. He jumped high, caught the ball and got 2 feet inbounds for a 42yd completion. Looked amazing.

That was using old sliders mind. Bills offense was very good running and awful passing.

Won 20-13 when I laid out Spiller with 2:30 to go, picked up the fumble and ran it back

Will try the tweaks that you made.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #1661
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Josh, that 53 IG setting looks good.
I was waiting for that

Hey, it was your posts that really got me thinking about it again....thank you for that

That said, if my setting is 53 for 19 thresh and QBA of 5, your IG setting is too low (if you are still running with threshold of 44 and QBA of 4). You should try bumping it up to around 63-65....it'll probably give you a bit more stability (as I saw a lot of QBs dancing in the pocket for no reason - a sure sign that IG is too low) and better variety in the passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #1662
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Josh, definitely stick with 90/85 OPI/DPI.

Just played with the Bears. Through a deep sideline jump ball to Marshall. He had 2 defenders with him. He jumped high, caught the ball and got 2 feet inbounds for a 42yd completion. Looked amazing.

That was using old sliders mind. Bills offense was very good running and awful passing.

Won 20-13 when I laid out Spiller with 2:30 to go, picked up the fumble and ran it back

Will try the tweaks that you made.
Thanks for the feedback....when I tried going back to the old OPI/DPI settings....I just couldn't do it anymore (it took like 2 drives to make that decision)...the variety of animations that come out is so much better in this ballpark.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #1663
Pro

OVR: 1

Hey a few quick questions:

1) How many drops per team is reasonable in a game? 1? 2? More?

2) How many forced fumbles should you expect to see in a game? When I looked at real NFL averages, the worst teams averaged around 2/game, if I recall correctly. So, I'm guessing that I should expect at least 1 a game. Is that realistic or would you say more?

3) Finally, anyone know what the stats engine identifies as a "broken tackle?" I ask because I'll see my HB shrug off a couple tackles, yet none of them register on the stats sheet as a broken tackle. When I look at the sim engine at the end of the year, I'll see power guys like Lynch average 3-4 BTKs a game, while smaller speed backs like Chris Johnson rarely have any. So, I'm wondering if a BTK only appears when you truck through someone as opposed to slipping out of a tackle, for instance. Thoughts?
Old 04-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #1664
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Is the original post updated? I'm about to try these bad boys out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »