JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 209 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #1665
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey a few quick questions:

1) How many drops per team is reasonable in a game? 1? 2? More?

2) How many forced fumbles should you expect to see in a game? When I looked at real NFL averages, the worst teams averaged around 2/game, if I recall correctly. So, I'm guessing that I should expect at least 1 a game. Is that realistic or would you say more?

3) Finally, anyone know what the stats engine identifies as a "broken tackle?" I ask because I'll see my HB shrug off a couple tackles, yet none of them register on the stats sheet as a broken tackle. When I look at the sim engine at the end of the year, I'll see power guys like Lynch average 3-4 BTKs a game, while smaller speed backs like Chris Johnson rarely have any. So, I'm wondering if a BTK only appears when you truck through someone as opposed to slipping out of a tackle, for instance. Thoughts?
1. Based on some numbers I looked up, it appears that no more than 1-2 drops per game is on par with NFL numbers.
2. Teams recover approximately 0.6 fumbles per game. So, I'd say just over 1 per game seems reasonable.
3. No idea how the game records them...sorry
Old 04-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #1666
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Is the original post updated? I'm about to try these bad boys out.
Yes, they are updated.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #1667
Rookie

OVR: 4

How are people playing on defense with this set?

1. Don't touch the controller so that ALL players play to stats.
2. Pick a position and play that right through the game.
3. Change/move players prior to snap but no switch after snap
4. Switch constantly and try make all the plays.

The reason I ask is, does anyone notice the CPU seems to play different depending on the above.

One thing I have noticed is, if you don't touch the controller, the CPU plays WORSE!. Its like it needs some form of HUM feedback to make a better read/play.

I might be completely wrong but just my opinion.

I normally play as 3. Example, if i suddenly think its run, ill move the saftey up then switch to Dline.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #1668
Rookie

brandon54's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto

The reason I ask is, does anyone notice the CPU seems to play different depending on the above.

One thing I have noticed is, if you don't touch the controller, the CPU plays WORSE!. Its like it needs some form of HUM feedback to make a better read/play.

I normally play as 3. Example, if i suddenly think its run, ill move the saftey up then switch to Dline.
I have noticed the same. I like playing safety, and if I don't move him around in coverage, qb will get sacked or throw a horrible pass more than half the time.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #1669
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto

I do a little of 2 and 3. I play quick playcalling and take the play given. I also take whatever defensive player I'm "given" so long as its a DT or DE. If its a pass I apply pressure but I don't utilize any moves to get past the OLineman to get to the QB. If i think the cpu is calling a run and my dline looks too spread out I will "tighten" the line with an adjustment. If it is a run then I will use x to get past the o lineman to make an attempt to tackle the rb. I ONLY use DT's and DE's no LB's or secondary. I agree if you don't apply SOME pressure the cpu plays differently.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #1670
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Hey Josh sorry i havent given any feedback lately i have been nailing down my MLB settings and sliders (great game as always), getting ready for pre-production on a new film (actor/writer by trade) plus handling three kids lol so ive been more than busy lately. Im totally free today so im plugging in all the latest adjustments as we speak and getting in a 3-4 game sample size to give feedback. I just cant give up on Madden this year even with it being such a pain in the *** and you and King have come the closest to solving the slider "house of cards". If not for you two being so diligent this late in the game i would have shelved it by now.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #1671
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Pretty decent first game. 3 user sacks and a nice spread of penalties. Both run games and line battles felt spot on and i noticed some cool animations i hadnt seen. Cpu qb did seem more aware. All my sacks came when he tried to scramble and he did better to avoid blitzes on screen plays. He seemed to throw alot of dumpoffs. Only thing that stood out for me was number of plays at 144 (81 Miami 63 Dallas) I lost 35-10 and my completion % was mid 60's but yet my passing yards and attempts were very high. I tend to play it safe offensively after adjustments and i dump off alot so that could explain it or that i have quarters set to 15 minutes. Ill keep at it to see where the numbers are at but other than my total yards feeling a bit high this set plays really good for me.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #1672
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Pretty decent first game. 3 user sacks and a nice spread of penalties. Both run games and line battles felt spot on and i noticed some cool animations i hadnt seen. Cpu qb did seem more aware. All my sacks came when he tried to scramble and he did better to avoid blitzes on screen plays. He seemed to throw alot of dumpoffs. Only thing that stood out for me was number of plays at 144 (81 Miami 63 Dallas) I lost 35-10 and my completion % was mid 60's but yet my passing yards and attempts were very high. I tend to play it safe offensively after adjustments and i dump off alot so that could explain it or that i have quarters set to 15 minutes. Ill keep at it to see where the numbers are at but other than my total yards feeling a bit high this set plays really good for me.
Thanks Ricky. Do you think that the CPU defense is hyper-aggressive at going after passes? Maybe I just suck, but I can't barely complete anything but the short dink-and-dunk stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »