Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #1673
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Very hard to pass. I notice that I need good matchups to get the completed passes. I have to scout the other team and prior to hiking the ball I try to figure out if they're in man or zone and try and exploit their worst defensive player on the field. Also, it's really hard to run against players with high pursuit/tackle/play recognition. Good MLB's play to their traits.

An example is how I have been using Amendola in the slot. He's not great, but he has enough acceleration/route running/awareness to get separation against poor nickle corners in man. Most of my passes come on outs and slants as I Johnny Manziel's accuracies are: 90short, 80medium, 70 deep.

On defense I run a lot of Cover 3. If I ever accidentally leave Donte Whitner in man-to-man - I'm screwed. I feel like the sliders let the ratings shine and I love it. For the first time ever I find myself calling timeouts when Joe Haden is out a play (fatigue), Whitner is in man against a slot receiver, or I think they could possibly stretch the field.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #1674
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
Very hard to pass. I notice that I need good matchups to get the completed passes. I have to scout the other team and prior to hiking the ball I try to figure out if they're in man or zone and try and exploit their worst defensive player on the field. Also, it's really hard to run against players with high pursuit/tackle/play recognition. Good MLB's play to their traits.

An example is how I have been using Amendola in the slot. He's not great, but he has enough acceleration/route running/awareness to get separation against poor nickle corners in man. Most of my passes come on outs and slants as I Johnny Manziel's accuracies are: 90short, 80medium, 70 deep.

On defense I run a lot of Cover 3. If I ever accidentally leave Donte Whitner in man-to-man - I'm screwed. I feel like the sliders let the ratings shine and I love it. For the first time ever I find myself calling timeouts when Joe Haden is out a play (fatigue), Whitner is in man against a slot receiver, or I think they could possibly stretch the field.
Dude, that is some awesome stuff, thank you for that. I think I have been so caught-up in refining these sliders that I sometimes don't take that step back and appreciate what we have (instead, trying to tinker more).

I'm going to try to stop tinkering and just play. Maybe I just need to put a little more thought into my game-planning and OMG, think like a coach
Old 04-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #1675
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Thanks Ricky. Do you think that the CPU defense is hyper-aggressive at going after passes? Maybe I just suck, but I can't barely complete anything but the short dink-and-dunk stuff.
Im not quite sure after one game but it tends to feel that way. The short stuff feels automatic for me i can hit Cameron and Sims all day long which takes some of the challenge and immersion out for me even though i got smoked. The stats definitely didnt match the score but ill try another game to see if it was a fluke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #1676
Rookie

Is hard to throw when de DB have good traits, I defeated the broncos with no problem in my CFM but the next game was against Seattle and Sherman got 3 picks, in total they I threw 6 int.

You now have to pay attention to the matchup in order to succeed otherwise you are going to get frustrated, the other thing I noticed is that the timing and accuracy when throwing has to be almost perfect to complete the pass so the DB can't get a pick.

Enjoying the set as it is right now.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #1677
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I was waiting for that

Hey, it was your posts that really got me thinking about it again....thank you for that

That said, if my setting is 53 for 19 thresh and QBA of 5, your IG setting is too low (if you are still running with threshold of 44 and QBA of 4). You should try bumping it up to around 63-65....it'll probably give you a bit more stability (as I saw a lot of QBs dancing in the pocket for no reason - a sure sign that IG is too low) and better variety in the passing game.
After a decent hiatus due to playing NBA 2K15, I popped in M15 the other day to have a game (and make a slight adjustment, the first time in a LONG time). I lowered my threshold from 44 to 40, and raised my IG from 57 to 60. I also made OPI 92 and DPI 88 (from 100/97), and raised both PCI and RTK to 40 (from 37/37). After the first couple plays, I also had to adjust game speed from normal to slow (again, probably due to playing NBA 2K15).

I was Steelers and played Lions. I won 14-10 despite throwing 3 first quarter INT's inside my half with Roethlisberger on consecutive drives. They had zero TO's. They just couldn't capitalize. Stafford was extremely passive in dinking and dunking everything, having ZERO deep shots, and Megatron was a complete non-factor. Their only TD came from an 80 yard TD run from Joique Bell, who somehow outran my entire defense (despite being relatively slow).

Maybe it's due to the hiatus, but I didn't enjoy playing at all. Stafford wasn't even close to being an aggressive gun slinger. He was playing like Alex Smith, only more passive, despite the fact I was consistently shading my DB's underneath. Megatron wasn't close to being a threat. His only receptions were inside of 10 yards, and I did nothing to take him out of the game. Joique Bell is somehow ripping off 80 yard TD runs without getting a hand laid on him. Again, maybe its due to the hiatus, but I never witnessed QB play like that before (particularly from a guy like Stafford). Nor have I ever seen zero deep shots and a superstar like Megatron be pedestrian-like on the field. I threw 3 consecutive INT's inside my own half, and they couldn't even capitalize on that to beat me.

Obviously not your fault, but those adjustments really changed the game with my set, but for the worse.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #1678
Rookie

brownies's Arena

Changed all qbs to paranoid with this set and started new Franchise. The qb sacks have stopped for me. In 3 games I have total of 1 sack.
I know it will only last about 4 years but it's working for now.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #1679
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Changed all qbs to paranoid with this set and started new Franchise. The qb sacks have stopped for me. In 3 games I have total of 1 sack.
I know it will only last about 4 years but it's working for now.
Ummm....QB adjustments aren't necessary and will really detract from the overall feel of the game. Hey, if all you're concerned about is sacks, then by all means, go ahead. But I really feel like sacks are nicely under control with this set.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #1680
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
After a decent hiatus due to playing NBA 2K15, I popped in M15 the other day to have a game (and make a slight adjustment, the first time in a LONG time). I lowered my threshold from 44 to 40, and raised my IG from 57 to 60. I also made OPI 92 and DPI 88 (from 100/97), and raised both PCI and RTK to 40 (from 37/37). After the first couple plays, I also had to adjust game speed from normal to slow (again, probably due to playing NBA 2K15).

I was Steelers and played Lions. I won 14-10 despite throwing 3 first quarter INT's inside my half with Roethlisberger on consecutive drives. They had zero TO's. They just couldn't capitalize. Stafford was extremely passive in dinking and dunking everything, having ZERO deep shots, and Megatron was a complete non-factor. Their only TD came from an 80 yard TD run from Joique Bell, who somehow outran my entire defense (despite being relatively slow).

Maybe it's due to the hiatus, but I didn't enjoy playing at all. Stafford wasn't even close to being an aggressive gun slinger. He was playing like Alex Smith, only more passive, despite the fact I was consistently shading my DB's underneath. Megatron wasn't close to being a threat. His only receptions were inside of 10 yards, and I did nothing to take him out of the game. Joique Bell is somehow ripping off 80 yard TD runs without getting a hand laid on him. Again, maybe its due to the hiatus, but I never witnessed QB play like that before (particularly from a guy like Stafford). Nor have I ever seen zero deep shots and a superstar like Megatron be pedestrian-like on the field. I threw 3 consecutive INT's inside my own half, and they couldn't even capitalize on that to beat me.

Obviously not your fault, but those adjustments really changed the game with my set, but for the worse.
FYI....your IG is still too low at 60 for 40 thresh and 4 QBA. My suggestion is to go into a 'play now' game against a guy with an aggressive force pass trait (use play now so you can adjust settings in-game). Slowly adjust IG until you start seeing them throw bombs...then just see if you see if they hold the ball too long...and bump it up one more. If I had to guess, you should be in the 65 range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »