JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 211 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #1681
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Ummm....QB adjustments aren't necessary and will really detract from the overall feel of the game. Hey, if all you're concerned about is sacks, then by all means, go ahead. But I really feel like sacks are nicely under control with this set.
I'd like to add that sometimes a lot of sacks are not necessarily a bad thing... If you put together a ferocious defensive line with some outside rushers, you should be getting sacks.

Last year Buffalo led with 55 sacks! That's 3.4/game. I would assume they might see 5-7 sacks one game then 1-2 sacks another game depending on the lines they faced.

The worst team in sacks was Cincinnati with 20 - which is 1.3/game.

The league had 1212 sacks total which is ~38 per team which is about 2.4 a game, per team.

With all that said I feel like you should play at least four games (for variance in QB's, wideouts, and offensive line) and look for a number between 8-16. As long as you're between 8-16 after four games, I'd say we're pretty realistic.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #1682
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
I'd like to add that sometimes a lot of sacks are not necessarily a bad thing... If you put together a ferocious defensive line with some outside rushers, you should be getting sacks.

Last year Buffalo led with 55 sacks! That's 3.4/game. I would assume they might see 5-7 sacks one game then 1-2 sacks another game depending on the lines they faced.

The worst team in sacks was Cincinnati with 20 - which is 1.3/game.

The league had 1212 sacks total which is ~38 per team which is about 2.4 a game, per team.

With all that said I feel like you should play at least four games (for variance in QB's, wideouts, and offensive line) and look for a number between 8-16. As long as you're between 8-16 after four games, I'd say we're pretty realistic.
I wholeheartedly agree. If you stifle sacks to the point where they never happen, you run into a second major issue....Robo QB by the CPU.

Just finished the first game of a Colts CFM (versus the Colts) and boy, I am exhausted. The game went to less than 2 minutes in OT, but I managed to get the win. Sacks were critical for both sides as both Manning and Luck were looking downfield a lot (I will note that Manning held the ball a bit too long on several occasions...something I will make a note of...however, I suspect a more mobile QB would have scrambled a bit more). Due to a crap D-line, I had to play a very aggressive style of defense and yes, I was rewarded with some sacks, but Manning burned me a couple of times. The oddity of the game....I somehow managed to bust a 79 yard TD run with Trent Richardson (albeit, on a perfectly blocked power play sprung by a block by Hakeem Nicks).

A little more concerning is that the Broncos had 13 pass deflections against me (that is a wholly unrealistic number). Now, I'm not going to change the set right now as a) the Broncos pass defense is quite good and b) I don't always make the best decisions throwing. I frankly need to learn to either a) checkdown more or b) scramble with Luck....but I have a Favre-esque gunslinger mentality.

I feel like I just played a game of The Show...that was totally intense...yet quite rewarding Thanks for the encouragement Glass....I think you're right....these are tough sliders...but the ratings seem to be shining through.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #1683
Banned

Good to hear! I am about to leave work and will get a game in before bed tonight.

Question - do you turn the Game Tuning feature on or off in your offline CFM? I currently have mine set to on... I've read in other posts that having it turned off (do not allow game tuning) kind of 'locks' the sliders. I have no idea though.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:11 AM   #1684
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Good to hear! I am about to leave work and will get a game in before bed tonight.

Question - do you turn the Game Tuning feature on or off in your offline CFM? I currently have mine set to on... I've read in other posts that having it turned off (do not allow game tuning) kind of 'locks' the sliders. I have no idea though.
I leave it on....no definitive idea if it makes a difference.

Side bar: My OT Madden game just got beat in terms of intensity as I just completed a 25 inning game on The Show....between my one game of Madden and one game of The Show....that was two games played in five hours of real time...now I am going to bed
Old 04-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #1685
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow, tell you what this slider set really rewards/punishes. O-Line....

Started a CFM with the Browns. Playing Zone running game and play action. Man, the whole O-line has correct stats for this scheme and I'm running really well.

Currently 4-0!!! WTF. Defense playing superb as well, but my clock control is really working.

642 rushing yards after 4 games. When the Zone works well, the O-line movement looks really good and you can break off some nice looking runs.

Jonny football is quite fun to play with. His throw on the run is immense which helps my scheme.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #1686
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Wow, tell you what this slider set really rewards/punishes. O-Line....

Started a CFM with the Browns. Playing Zone running game and play action. Man, the whole O-line has correct stats for this scheme and I'm running really well.

Currently 4-0!!! WTF. Defense playing superb as well, but my clock control is really working.

642 rushing yards after 4 games. When the Zone works well, the O-line movement looks really good and you can break off some nice looking runs.

Jonny football is quite fun to play with. His throw on the run is immense which helps my scheme.
That's really awesome to hear. The Browns have a good O-line and can run the ball effectively in the right scheme. Your numbers projected over 16 games would rank you second behind the Seahawks in total rushing yards (based on real life). That may be a wee bit high; but in a well executed scheme, it isn't crazy given the personnel. The only thing that might concern me is if your players' confidence gets built-up...you might have an easier go of things. However, sliders can't do anything to fix that. Enjoy the ride
Old 04-07-2015, 11:55 PM   #1687
Banned

Just beat the Raiders 27-3 with my Browns. Finished with 8 sacks!!! Carr played well in the pocket but Kruger and Ray McDonald were too much for the right side of the line.

I'm thinking of lowering human run blocking down to 5 or even 0 for more of a ground challenge. Might lower user pass block too. Thoughts?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #1688
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Just beat the Raiders 27-3 with my Browns. Finished with 8 sacks!!! Carr played well in the pocket but Kruger and Ray McDonald were too much for the right side of the line.

I'm thinking of lowering human run blocking down to 5 or even 0 for more of a ground challenge. Might lower user pass block too. Thoughts?
Lower run block to 5. Do not lower it to zero as it will actually be stronger than what you have now. It will probably also lower your effective pass protection too...so hold off on lowering pass block.

That sack number is a bit higher than I would like to see...but...rookie QB and a bad o-line....that is a recipe for lots of sacks.

Keep me in the loop....we might need to consider bumping IG to 54....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »