JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 212 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #1689
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh,

So a low run block value actually makes the run blocking stronger? So 5 is stronger than 75? For cpu and human?

C
Old 04-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #1690
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Josh,

So a low run block value actually makes the run blocking stronger? So 5 is stronger than 75? For cpu and human?

C
No...a value of zero makes it stronger....not sure why exactly, but it definitely does something with the game engine.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #1691
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Lower run block to 5. Do not lower it to zero as it will actually be stronger than what you have now. It will probably also lower your effective pass protection too...so hold off on lowering pass block.

That sack number is a bit higher than I would like to see...but...rookie QB and a bad o-line....that is a recipe for lots of sacks.

Keep me in the loop....we might need to consider bumping IG to 54....
I'll lower run block to 5 (just for my personal preference) but I'll try out IG at 54. I have the Bucs, Bengals, and Texans upcoming so I'll play all 3 with IG at 54 and report back. Will take me a couple of days though lol. Hopefully an update tonight after facing Mike Glennon and the Bucs.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #1692
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
I'll lower run block to 5 (just for my personal preference) but I'll try out IG at 54. I have the Bucs, Bengals, and Texans upcoming so I'll play all 3 with IG at 54 and report back. Will take me a couple of days though lol. Hopefully an update tonight after facing Mike Glennon and the Bucs.
When you report back....let me know what you see from a deep passing game perspective.....Glennon has the arm to air it out....will he at IG=54? If not, then we may need to take other measures.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #1693
Rookie

Wouldn't it make more sense to leave penalty and speed threshold sliders at 50 and then just tune game play sliders around that? My interpretation of the sliders is that 50 = 0, so going higher amplifies their ratings and going lower diminishes them. I've been playing on default all-madden/all-pro (I haven't decided which to stay on) lately and I think it plays almost perfect, yes the QB is accurate but if you're able to get constant pressure like a real nfl team tries to do, the QB will make bad throws. From what I read about the features, ea programmed inaccuracy to be calculated around QB pressure and their actual throw accuracy. So lowering accuracy will make the QB inaccurate regardless of whether they're under pressure or not. Another thing I read was that pass coverage is based more on player coverage rating. Zone coverage impacts how quickly defenders break on throws and how quick they react to throws. Man coverage impacts how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes. So I would infer that pass reaction slider coincides with zone coverage and the pass coverage slider coincides with both, just because you seem to get more sacks in zone defenses when the coverage slider is up higher. Player traits control whether a defender will go for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. That's my 2 cents
Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #1694
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyg412
Wouldn't it make more sense to leave penalty and speed threshold sliders at 50 and then just tune game play sliders around that? My interpretation of the sliders is that 50 = 0, so going higher amplifies their ratings and going lower diminishes them. I've been playing on default all-madden/all-pro (I haven't decided which to stay on) lately and I think it plays almost perfect, yes the QB is accurate but if you're able to get constant pressure like a real nfl team tries to do, the QB will make bad throws. From what I read about the features, ea programmed inaccuracy to be calculated around QB pressure and their actual throw accuracy. So lowering accuracy will make the QB inaccurate regardless of whether they're under pressure or not. Another thing I read was that pass coverage is based more on player coverage rating. Zone coverage impacts how quickly defenders break on throws and how quick they react to throws. Man coverage impacts how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes. So I would infer that pass reaction slider coincides with zone coverage and the pass coverage slider coincides with both, just because you seem to get more sacks in zone defenses when the coverage slider is up higher. Player traits control whether a defender will go for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. That's my 2 cents
It just doesn't work like that....you HAVE to modify the penalty sliders to get appropriate gameplay. If anything....I'd be more likely to leave all of the CPU/User sliders at 50 and use the penalty sliders to 'tweak' the gameplay. But the simple answer is, you have to make use of all sliders to appropriately set the game.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:56 AM   #1695
Twitch Staff

CloudFuel's Arena

An online league I help run just recently started its 3rd season. The previous 2 were played on AP and it became pretty clear that it was just way too easy on most occasions. Another user and I tested these sliders (before the most recent changes) in a separate test league and were pretty excited about the results. We switched to these sliders in the off-season of season 2 and are now in week 3 of the new season.

My first game was tougher than it really needed to be as I had forgot to switch from fast gameplay to normal (or slow). Playing the 90 OVR Lions at fast was pretty rough, but I managed to squeak out a 16-13 win. The 2nd week was much easier as I handily blew out an 84 OVR KC 35-7. I just played a game last night, however, that was an absolutely intense bout all the way until the bitter end. I played an 89 OVR DEN team with an aging Cutler at the helm. The only real complaint I had was that it seemed as if Cutler was playing out of his and shouldn't have been based on his ratings + my defense's high ratings, but I could be wrong in that regard.

Denver Broncos at Houston Texans
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Denver Broncos (3-0-0)34
Houston Texans (2-1-0)31
Team Stats Comparison
DENHOU
Total Offense545493
Rushing Yards4689
Passing Yards395243
First Downs1815
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards441332
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion86
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals33
Penalties
Posession Time
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Cutler31/4140832
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Anderson133931
S. Vereen1110
J. Cutler1660
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Terry710915.60
J. Thomas78111.60
E. Sanders45112.750
D. Thomas3258.30
C. Anderson33411.30
C. Latimer256281
W. Baker230152
S. Vereen1550
M. Gray110100
T. Moeaki1770
Houston Texans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Savage23/3225830
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Foster17814.80
D. Swope382.71
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
C. Fiedorowicz6467.71
C. Shorts III585171
V. Travis44912.51
A. Foster31860
B. Tate220100
D. Carrier1440
C. Fleener126260
C. Trahan110100

If anyone is interested in watching, here is the link to the archived stream - http://www.twitch.tv/cloudfuel/b/647679049
Old 04-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #1696
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hi Josh, similar question to chap above, maybe its a Browns thing lol.

If I want to make running just a touch harder, is it only altering Run Block or also CPU tackling?

If I want the CPU to run a touch better again to i just increase run block or also decrease HUM tackle?

I'm think 7 blocking across the board. Before I do it, will that impact anything else?

I just rushed for 215yds with Isaiah Crowell..... I know the Jags are bad but wow.

To be honest, he did break off 2 big runs of 60 and 80yrds.

Man this O-line is good.

Manziel.... hmmm work to do hahaha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »