JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 217 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #1729
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Not true. You can also control pass defense with other sliders, such as PCI, RTK, OPI & DPI. This is why I raised PCI and RTK (after getting feedback on the whitehurst game). I am also considering tightening OPI and DPI to firm it up more.

The more you raise PCV and PRT, the stronger the pass rush becomes. Yes, it is a balance, but I do not agree with your statement.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #1730
Banned

PENAPENA's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey Josh,

I started a CFM with the Bears last Friday with your sliders and am in week 10 of the season. I am 4-4 and the team has been up and down. Two things I have noticed:

1. When I play a team with an average or weak OL I have a much easier time on D, even if I'm playing a great QB (in this case it was Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady). I beat the Packers and Rodgers had a terrible game. Brady was average but turned it on in the 4th to pull out a come from behind win.

2. Teams play to their strengths! Seattle and San Franciso's defenses were lights out in stopping my running game! San Fran also ran all over me. I love that I can't leave my safeties in coverage because they are liabilities in man to man!
Old 04-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #1731
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Was this using the set with PCV at 30 or 70?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #1732
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Not true. You can also control pass defense with other sliders, such as PCI, RTK, OPI & DPI. This is why I raised PCI and RTK (after getting feedback on the whitehurst game). I am also considering tightening OPI and DPI to firm it up more.

The more you raise PCV and PRT, the stronger the pass rush becomes. Yes, it is a balance, but I do not agree with your statement.
Everything you just said is in the OP, where you tell exactly what each slider does. Btw, I don't have a clue how you figured all of this stuff out, but i'm sure glad you did!
Old 04-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #1733
Banned

PENAPENA's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Was this using the set with PCV at 30 or 70?

It is set at 30 for PCV
Old 04-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #1734
Rookie

OVR: 0

only issue i keep having with your current slider listings is a hard time for me to run the ball and hard time stopping the run from cpu. what can i tweak to fix that? also lots of picks for both me and cpu
Old 04-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #1735
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
Everything you just said is in the OP, where you tell exactly what each slider does. Btw, I don't have a clue how you figured all of this stuff out, but i'm sure glad you did!
Well, it was 100s if not 1000s of hours working with Matt10 on this forum on the NCAA 14 sliders. He would broadcast a Twitch stream while playing and we would go back and forth on various settings (I would be playing on my system at the same time). His approach was to look at the animations and actions of the players and how different sliders affected them. We would compare in our different games, different teams, different players.

When M15 came out, I used the same approach (this time on my own). What was cool was that animations on M15 were different enough that I could see subtle differences and it clued me in on what some other sliders did (which in turn, helped us to refine the NCAA set). Things really came together on NCAA last November/December as we re-overhauled the NCAA set. Changes were made you see here now (such as the higher OPI/DPI combo, lower PCI/RTK, and most notably, the affect of IG on QB performance).

At the end of the day, player reactions and animations drive how well the game plays. When they are realistic, the stats will follow. The one downside of this approach is that it doesn't always accommodate highly-skilled players or those who like to exploit the CPU shortcomings at all costs (the latter I could care less about). They need what I consider to be an 'abnormal' CPU boost to get a challenge and I am not willing to sacrifice realism for challenge. It's a delicate balancing act, but one that seems to have pleased a good number of players out there.

The final piece of the puzzle was King offering me some of his philosophies of how the All Madden level sliders work (short story - they are all interdependent....rarely can you change one without necessitating a change to another).

Short version.....lots of people, including those who have never played M15, have influenced this set.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #1736
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynun47
only issue i keep having with your current slider listings is a hard time for me to run the ball and hard time stopping the run from cpu. what can i tweak to fix that? also lots of picks for both me and cpu
How many games thus far? If less than 4 or 5, I would suggest that you play more and see how things balance out before making changes. Also, remember that this set is really driven by player ratings...if your team sucks....you should suck. If your team is good, your performance should reflect that assuming you have good matchups. Try messing around using another team that is significantly different from who you are using....see how it feels.

If you have played a sufficient sample, you can try reverting KRI and RTK back to 40. I personally feel that this setting plays fine and it is probably what I personally will wind up sticking with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »