JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 218 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 PM   #1737
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, it was 100s if not 1000s of hours working with Matt10 on this forum on the NCAA 14 sliders. He would broadcast a Twitch stream while playing and we would go back and forth on various settings (I would be playing on my system at the same time). His approach was to look at the animations and actions of the players and how different sliders affected them. We would compare in our different games, different teams, different players.

When M15 came out, I used the same approach (this time on my own). What was cool was that animations on M15 were different enough that I could see subtle differences and it clued me in on what some other sliders did (which in turn, helped us to refine the NCAA set). Things really came together on NCAA last November/December as we re-overhauled the NCAA set. Changes were made you see here now (such as the higher OPI/DPI combo, lower PCI/RTK, and most notably, the affect of IG on QB performance).

At the end of the day, player reactions and animations drive how well the game plays. When they are realistic, the stats will follow. The one downside of this approach is that it doesn't always accommodate highly-skilled players or those who like to exploit the CPU shortcomings at all costs (the latter I could care less about). They need what I consider to be an 'abnormal' CPU boost to get a challenge and I am not willing to sacrifice realism for challenge. It's a delicate balancing act, but one that seems to have pleased a good number of players out there.

The final piece of the puzzle was King offering me some of his philosophies of how the All Madden level sliders work (short story - they are all interdependent....rarely can you change one without necessitating a change to another).

Short version.....lots of people, including those who have never played M15, have influenced this set.
I never would've thought to try to rape the games AI, and it's those kind of people that makes me not even consider playing online. I picked madden up at the best buy at tuttle crossing. Best buy had a great deal going on, and tuttle is only about a 15 drive for me that late at night(midnight release) because there's no traffic. By the time I had gotten home, a game changer of all people, posted 2 nano blitzes. So I hit clint oldenburg up on twitter, and he was not too happy with his work on the o-line play being criticized, even though I was polite. Anyhow, he ended up having the game changer remove the vids. That still leaves me dumbfounded, because the game changer should've told EA what he was finding. I know he'd found more than what he was willing to put on youtube, because he's a tourney player, and they need all the exploits so they'll still have madden money games. The person to find the most ways to rape the AI, they are the winners. How can EA allow people to bet money against each other? I would think those sites would be shut down, don't you?

Last edited by dsk1317; 04-13-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #1738
Banned

PENAPENA's Arena

OVR: 4

In my franchise, my Bears went 4-12 on the year in year one... lost nine straight to finish the year. I still only had the #9 overall pick as a lot of teams seemed to have bad years. Swapped my playbooks to Adam Gase's and Vic Fangio's, changed player types to those playbooks and now I'm in full rebuild.

Very fun franchise season that I felt my actions corresponding to the field. I traded away Marshall thinking Alshon would continue to put up big numbers (he still did, #5 in receiving yards), but my passing game dropped off as a whole without a solid player on the other side of him.

Really enjoying these sliders. I'll let you know how season two goes, as Cutler is a poor fit in my new system so I cut him to save the 18M a year. Nick Fales has the keys to the team this year (I plan to take my lumps) and hopefully I see a QB I like this coming draft class. I also gave the running game over to Ka'Deem Carey (performed very well last year) and traded Forte for a 4th rounder in this upcoming draft.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #1739
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

What can I do about the disappearing glitch to certain starting players if I have the auto subs set up in ccm and also main menu?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 PM   #1740
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENAPENA
In my franchise, my Bears went 4-12 on the year in year one... lost nine straight to finish the year. I still only had the #9 overall pick as a lot of teams seemed to have bad years. Swapped my playbooks to Adam Gase's and Vic Fangio's, changed player types to those playbooks and now I'm in full rebuild.

Very fun franchise season that I felt my actions corresponding to the field. I traded away Marshall thinking Alshon would continue to put up big numbers (he still did, #5 in receiving yards), but my passing game dropped off as a whole without a solid player on the other side of him.

Really enjoying these sliders. I'll let you know how season two goes, as Cutler is a poor fit in my new system so I cut him to save the 18M a year. Nick Fales has the keys to the team this year (I plan to take my lumps) and hopefully I see a QB I like this coming draft class. I also gave the running game over to Ka'Deem Carey (performed very well last year) and traded Forte for a 4th rounder in this upcoming draft.
I did almost exactly as you, including cutting cutler for the $18 million of cap space. I am a big fan of the quarters coverage scheme fangio used with the niners. People think that 3-4 teams are predicated on the blitz, but that is far from the truth. According to pro football focus, the niners blitzed on 20% of their defensive snaps during fangio's tenure there. Now compare that to the league blitz average of 33% during that time span, and you see can see that misconception about 3-4 defenses pretty clearly. It will be more of the 2 high safety, bend but don't break, rush only 4 style we are use to seeing from the bears.(I do not think lovie should've been fired after a 10 win season, btw.) I am a lions fan, so I am not in love with the idea of facing a fangio coached defense twice a year lol
Old 04-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #1741
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
What can I do about the disappearing glitch to certain starting players if I have the auto subs set up in ccm and also main menu?
I have not seen players disappear at all.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #1742
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

Quote:
I have not seen players disappear at all.
Dang it, I must have put something in wrong then because I know that the auto subs are reversed in CCM and I'm just wondering if out/in corresponds with what the main menu. Could it be the accelerated clock that is causing the issue? I have it on 15 minutes with the accelerated clock at 20.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #1743
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
Dang it, I must have put something in wrong then because I know that the auto subs are reversed in CCM and I'm just wondering if out/in corresponds with what the main menu. Could it be the accelerated clock that is causing the issue? I have it on 15 minutes with the accelerated clock at 20.
Just enter the subs in CFM and main menu as I have them. Don't worry that the order is different in CFM...they will still work, regardless of clock settings.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #1744
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

Quote:
Just enter the subs in CFM and main menu as I have them. Don't worry that the order is different in CFM...they will still work, regardless of clock settings.
Awe man that sucks, thanks man. The whole time putting the subs in, I have been trying to match the out with out and in with in. Never knew that the order didn't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »