JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 222 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #1769
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Hey Josh, I have your definitions of what each penalty slider does and I find they are very helpful and accurate, but I am missing your definition of how "clipping" works...Could I bother you for a quick explanation of how you have experienced this slider? Thank you...

I generally keep mine at 33 cause it appears to open up the run game, and if that is true, I am thinking of raising it as running seems to get too powerful, but i don't want to take away outside runs as a threat and viable play option.
Oops...must've missed one. Yes, clipping is as you've described it...the lower you go, the better run blocking is.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #1770
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can figure out a good slider set for AP. I've wasted so many hours trying to get something together, and it seems harder than AM. Such a house of cards...you change one slider, and it affects multiple areas.

Two things I wanted to share with you that I recently saw in case it helps. One is Pass Blocking. You already know that the lower you put the PB slider, the faster the QB releases the ball. Without touching IG, I was able to get sacks really low with a PB = 10. Problem is comp % goes up due to the shorter passes and deep passes are rare. I tried QA = 50 with PB = 10, and sacks were real low, but even with QA that high, I didn't see many deep passes. Bottom line is I think lower PB can help lower sacks, but I can't find a good level that balances it out.

But the other thing I witnessed which was very interesting was the OPI/DPI slider impact. I did a test where I left everything at default except OPI/DPI. I put OPI = 10 and DPI = 90 first. Man coverage was tight, sacks were low, run game was solid, and the games were close, but conversely, I didn't see any deep passes (due to tighter coverage, I'm guessing), comp % was still too high, and surprisingly there were no INTs or deflections. But here's what I found that was interesting...when I raised OPI to 90 to match DPI (leaving everything at default), suddenly, pass % dropped. I replayed the same 3 games (using the same new CFM), and I saw pass % average in the high 60s even with QA = 50. Deflections and INTs increased a little, too. Sacks averaged 5 a game for the CPU, 3 for me. But there were more deep passes. But I noticed something else. With OPI and DPI matching at 90, the CPU couldn't stop me. Our stats were pretty equal over all three games except for the score. I averaged 30 points, and they averaged 16. For some reason, I just could score and they couldn't. The only difference I can see is in turnovers. Otherwise, all other stats were balanced. But it was the lower QA % that took me by surprise.

Anyway, not sure if any of this means anything to you, but it's what I've been tinkering with lately. You're MUCH better at this than I am, so I'm praying you'll find something with AP that I can't.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #1771
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

^^^^To go with the above observations - I have also noticed that when sliders do provide a realistic statistic game, the CPU cannot score..It seems the CPU needs bloated statistics to get points, especially with completion percentage and yards per carry...
Old 04-21-2015, 08:12 PM   #1772
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

After months of testing, we know it IS possible to get a reasonably competent game of M15 on the AM setting. However, there are a couple of major issues that plague the AM setting that I do not believe any balanced slider set can cure:

1. Getting proper reactions to passes by CPU-controlled defenders on the user’s team. Sure, once in a while they will jump in front of a pass and pick it off or maybe they will jump up and deflect a pass on a deep bomb. But rarely will make an effort to deflect a pass on a short or intermediate pattern. The only time where this seemed to be somewhat resolved was when I had pass reaction at 95. This lead to a major issue though on AM, as CPU-controlled defenders would sometimes react to nothing and safeties would leave their zone leaving a receiver wide open (if you ever saw the ‘DB Glitch’ on NCAA 13, it was the same deal…caused by an over-reactive CPU). It also had the unfortunate impact of unbalancing the overall set…which made virtually every facet of the game unplayable for the user.
  2. Conversely, on AM, the CPU defenders will bat down every pass within a 5 yard radius. Not much explanation needed here other than to say, that if it were just this one issue, it could be mitigated to a certain degree.
  3. The run game is quite inconsistent. Now, some of this on the current AM set is ratings-driven but it is also a by-product of playing on AM.
  4. It is next to impossible to tweak one thing to a player’s liking without impacting every other facet of the game.
So, with those points in-hand, and given my own personal issues with getting positive outcomes on AM, I decided to work on an AP set. Now, AP has its own potential issues (mainly sacks and ensuring that the CPU offense can be effective).

I had a core set fleshed-out closely resembling the AP/AM/AM set, but issue number 1 still remained. It was then that I remembered the 95 pass reaction setting; but the question, could it work on AP without the deleterious effects outlined previously on AM?

The basis of the 95 pass reaction, when I tried it previously, was based on the OS forum NCAA 14 set that I worked on (it is the inverse of the run defense slider, which we have at 5 on that set). So, I plugged-in the current NCAA set and made a few tweaks to accommodate the sack issue in this game and to get some better animations…and guess what, it plays pretty darn well.

There are a couple of notable differences between this set and the AM set, I’d like to highlight them here….

1. Threshold = 1. This is based solely on the NCAA set and while maybe a tad unrealistic, it does open things up a bit for elite players and the game doesn’t feel like such a grind.
  2. DPI=89. OPI/DPI need to be closer together due to the lower threshold so there isn’t too much separation.
  3. Pass Reaction =95. I highlighted its benefits for user pass defense, but it comes at a cost, improved run game. However, this is an issue that plagues CPU offenses on AP, so this isn’t a bad thing. For the user run game, it would make it a bit too easy, thus the following change.
  4. Human RBK=5. It might still be a tad on the easy side for some; but I think it is pretty solid depending on matchups.
  5. QBA=10. Now, this is nearly a necessity for the CPU on AP and I have left the human at 10 as I am still seeing throws go offline at times using solid QBs. This may also benefit coach mode players. I suspect that the User QBA can be adjusted as desired, but I have yet to question leaving it here thus far.
Now, the IG slider….this will be the toughest one for AP. I like to see the CPU attack deep. However, on AP, it may be difficult to keep that aspect without introducing more sacks into the equation. Now, I have seen solid play from the CPU at 85, but without much deep action. Based on some initial testing, I am going to consider 80 the low-end value. So, I’ll be looking at a range from 80-85, but until I can better refine it, I am going to recommend people start at 85.

All that said, here is the draft All Pro set....

To set them, you MUST do the following unless you know for a fact that your intro difficulty was set to All Pro:

1. In the main menu, go to 'Customize', then to 'Manage Files'. Delete your profile.
  2. Turn off the game and start it back up. You will go through the first time set-up stuff and will go through the Cam Newton intro again.
  3. After the intro plays out (or you exit out of it), you will be asked to select a difficulty. Select All Pro here.
  4. Once you get back to the main menu, set all of your autosubs, game settings (set the difficulty here to All Pro, penalty sliders, and game sliders as they are for the current set (or in your CFM if you made personal tweaks).
  5. Go into your CFM and import the sliders using the triangle button (on PS4....no clue what it is on the other system). Within your CFM, set it to All Pro.
Playcall Style: Slim or Enhanced
Speed: Slow or Normal (I prefer slow...but normal may work better)
Gameplay: All Pro
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 18 sec
injuries: 50 (but user preference)
fatigue: 65
speed threshold: 1
ball hawk: off
strafe assist: off
heat seeker assist: off
switch assist: off
Defensive Graphics: off, user preference
Camera: Standard, user preference

HUM / CPU

QBA 10 / 10
PBK 35 / 55
CTH 45 / 45
RBK 5 / 35
FUM 40 / 40
PRC 95 / 95
INT 30 / 30
PCV 30 / 30
TAK 20 / 25

Special Teams
FG Power – 50/50
FG Acc - 50/50
Punt Power - 45/45
Punt Acc - 75/75
KO Power - 50/50

Penalties
Offside: 40
False Start:60
Holding: 60
Facemask: 50
DPI: 89
OPI: 90
PCI: 40
Clipping: 50
int grounding: 85 (VERY important - need to modify if you change CPU QBA)
roughing the passer:60
roughing the kicker: 35

Autosubs

QB - 0/2
HB - 91/96
WR - 20/25
TE - 30/35
OL - 0/2
DL - 80/85
LB - 50/55
CB - 20/25
S - 25/30

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-21-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #1773
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

A note about this new All Pro set....it is still very much in the early test phase. I think the core animations and reactions are there...it just needs lots of testing time.

Those of you currently enjoying the All Madden set, I still encourage you to give these a whirl...if you like AM better, by all means, keep playing....I am keeping both sets on the opening post as I like to give people options.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #1774
Rookie

OVR: 1

Josh, I'm going to start testing these out right now. Very excited to give them a whirl. Just a couple questions.

Knowing the PB slider is critical, why the big difference between USER and CPU? What were you seeing that made you have them different?

And second, if the run game is so easy now, why still keep PCI and RTK at 40 and 35, respectively? Doesn't that make the run game even easier?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #1775
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, I'm going to start testing these out right now. Very excited to give them a whirl. Just a couple questions.

Knowing the PB slider is critical, why the big difference between USER and CPU? What were you seeing that made you have them different?

And second, if the run game is so easy now, why still keep PCI and RTK at 40 and 35, respectively? Doesn't that make the run game even easier?
To question 1, it's a challenge thing....remember that the CPU pass rush won't be as good as it is on AM.

To question 2: RTK being lower is actually tougher, not easier...that slider makes pursuit tougher, not easier. The KRI is lower to avoid the needless CPU batting-down every godforsaken pass you throw.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #1776
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yo Josh...Have u ever tried lowering the IG? I know people want realistic penalty numbers, but I believe that the higher you go, the worse they play...It seems like the higher the penalty, the more aggressive they play, but that aggressive play leads to more failed attempts (ie missed block, let go of a block, more missed/broken tackles, more attempts at INT that are whiffs, guys backing away from a ball carrier near the sideline)...All of those are products of increasing the penalty number...I've definitely noticed improved play from decreasing the numbers, but you can't go too low because then the play is too good...It's almost like the higher the number, the more of a force field affect that is created by the opposite player...Hence why the defenders play better when stagger the OPI/DPI...Even if you have a small gap like one or two, the DB plays better...So if that is true, along with the known fact that decreasing clipping makes the down field blocking dramatically better, then wouldn't decreasing IG, just a bit, like 41 (I try to decrease and increase by threes) make for improved QB play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »