Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #1777
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

I believe that upping IG makes the QB lock into a receiver and makes the QB afraid to throw the ball away while in the pocket, therefore the QB tries to scramble to get out, which can lead to more sacks and also creates a sense of panic which makes the QB take the check down or just r how to the first guy he was targeting without looking to see if there is a bigger reward throw. ..IG combined with certain PB settings will dramatically decrease the chance at the QB taking a shot deep.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #1778
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I have an entire thread explaining how Ig actually works. It is still on the first page of the slider forum.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #1779
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have an entire thread explaining how Ig actually works. It is still on the first page of the slider forum.
Read it before...Definitely agree on a lot of what is described, however, I don't believe increasing penalty sliders makes the AI better...It may make them respond quicker but they are also more controlled by the slider which makes them do bad things like throw picks, take a sack trying to scramble out, or miss a tackle (Face Mask Penalty).
Old 04-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #1780
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaYNNiner808
Read it before...Definitely agree on a lot of what is described, however, I don't believe increasing penalty sliders makes the AI better...It may make them respond quicker but they are also more controlled by the slider which makes them do bad things like throw picks, take a sack trying to scramble out, or miss a tackle (Face Mask Penalty).
You're right that all sliders have an impact on the gameplay; but you're clearly missing the point on IG. There is an ideal 'sweet spot' for IG based on other settings (specifically QBA, threshold, and game difficulty). When you hit that spot, the QB will actually take shots deep, attack weak spots in the secondary, and even force passes into coverage. Other sliders affect aspects of it to a degree, but IG is critical to balance the QB's tendency to attack the defense.

Final note: Increasing penalties does not make the AI better and to be clear, I have never said nor implied that. But penalties do control the actions and tendencies of players....sometimes going low on a penalty slider is better than going high.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-22-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #1781
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You're right that all sliders have an impact on the gameplay; but you're clearly missing the point on IG. There is an ideal 'sweet spot' for IG based on other settings (specifically QBA, threshold, and game difficulty). When you hit that spot, the QB will actually take shots deep, attack weak spots in the secondary, and even force passes into coverage. Other sliders affect aspects of it to a degree, but IG is critical to balance the QB's tendency to attack the defense.

Final note: Increasing penalties does not make the AI better and to be clear, I have never said nor implied that. But penalties do control the actions and tendencies of players....sometimes going low on a penalty slider is better than going high.
I believe the penalties are actually a "dice role" and the higher the penalty the more the "dice" are weighed in a certain direction (passive/aggressive)...The more aggressive, the higher chance of a big play or failed play...The more passive, the less chance of a failed play and also the less chance of a big play...Do u think this is true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #1782
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

My current settings which are producing long pass attempts, movement in the pocket and completion percentages closer to the 60's is:

Level: Pro
Threshold: 19
CPU QBA: 25
IG: 1

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 04-23-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #1783
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaYNNiner808
I believe the penalties are actually a "dice role" and the higher the penalty the more the "dice" are weighed in a certain direction (passive/aggressive)...The more aggressive, the higher chance of a big play or failed play...The more passive, the less chance of a failed play and also the less chance of a big play...Do u think this is true?
There is no visual evidence of this. Start watching replays and observe player actions and interactions. Then, make a slider change and watch more replays. Compare and contrast....

These sliders are built using this basic methodology.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #1784
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
My current settings which are producing long pass attempts, movement in the pocket and completion percentages closer to the 60's is:

Level: Pro
Threshold: 19
CPU QBA: 25
IG: 1
Interesting. A few questions:

1) Are all other sliders at default (50)?
2) Do you only have CPU QA at 50? I assume that means that USER QA = 50, correct?
3) Are you getting challenging games from this? Every time I try Pro, I kick the CPU's butt, even on Coach Mode.
4) Are you still seeing a ton of sacks against the CPU, especially with IG = 1?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »