Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #1785
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Josh,

Hi sir. I just wanted to tell you that I am using your newest All pro set (which I know is still being tweaked) in Coach mode using the historic (classic) team file. It plays beautifully. In fact, I often start a game, and then move the controller to the middle so both teams are controlled by the cpu and the slider set still holds up. I am getting realistic numbers in QB%, rushing totals, and sacks (approx 2-5 per game)

I did tweak False start just a tad lower as well as Offsides, but other than that I left all others alone. I was seeing too many False starts by off line especially on field goals...but I think this happens mainly when you are watching cpu vs cpu.

Good job and best of luck!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #1786
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Interesting. A few questions:

1) Are all other sliders at default (50)?
2) Do you only have CPU QA at 50? I assume that means that USER QA = 50, correct?
3) Are you getting challenging games from this? Every time I try Pro, I kick the CPU's butt, even on Coach Mode.
4) Are you still seeing a ton of sacks against the CPU, especially with IG = 1?
Hum QBA is at 10
CPU QBA at 25..
- still seeing way too many sacks...
- I am still tweaking the sliders and the game is getting more difficult, but I still win all the games, but I am seeing promising results as I continue to make adjustments....

--- I post my sliders here, purely so you can see where I am at and it is easier than trying to write out an essay on where my sliders are at..

GAME OPTIONS

Skill Level: Pro
Game Speed: Slow
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 17 Seconds
Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 60
Speed Threshold: 19

PENALTIES

Offsides: 50

False Start: 54

Holding: 64

Facemask: 30

D.P.I.: 68
O.P.I.: 60
KR/PR: 27
Clipping: 36
I.Grounding: 1

RTP: 53
RTK: 77

HUMAN/CPU

(Offense)
QB Accuracy: 10/25
Pass Blocking: 5/50
WR Catching: 50/50

Run Blocking: 5/40
Fumbles: 25/25

(Defense)
Reaction Time: 50/50
Interceptions: 50/50
Pass Coverage: 75/90

Tackling: 25/25

(Special Teams)
FG Power: 53/53
FG Accuracy: 25/35
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Auto-subs

QB Out - 0
QB In - 28
RB Out - 56
RB In - 77
WR Out - 28
WR In - 56
FB/TE Out - 28
FB/TE In - 56
OL Out - 0
OL In - 28

DT Out - 56
DT In - 77
DE Out - 56
DE In - 77
LB Out - 56
LB In - 77
CB Out - 28
CB In - 56
S Out - 28
S In - 56
Old 04-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #1787
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Josh,

Hi sir. I just wanted to tell you that I am using your newest All pro set (which I know is still being tweaked) in Coach mode using the historic (classic) team file. It plays beautifully. In fact, I often start a game, and then move the controller to the middle so both teams are controlled by the cpu and the slider set still holds up. I am getting realistic numbers in QB%, rushing totals, and sacks (approx 2-5 per game)

I did tweak False start just a tad lower as well as Offsides, but other than that I left all others alone. I was seeing too many False starts by off line especially on field goals...but I think this happens mainly when you are watching cpu vs cpu.

C
How did you tweak the FS and offsides slider?
Old 04-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #1788
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Stress..on your pro set... you have RTK awfully high...isn't the run game a tad overpowered? High RTK makes defenses less aggressive in pursuit.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #1789
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
There is no visual evidence of this. Start watching replays and observe player actions and interactions. Then, make a slider change and watch more replays. Compare and contrast....

These sliders are built using this basic methodology.
I've been creating sliders for my friends and family for a long time and through my observations, I have come to the conclusion that by upping the penalty, we are essentially creating more of a force field around said penalty which then affects the opposite, or matching penalty (that's why people stagger the OPI/DPI penalty)...By doing so, the Defender won't be as affected by the penalty, therefore, the Defender will play better in coverage...But in my observations, if you stagger, or have penalty settings at various points, rather than equal and matched, you actually throw off the game...I noticed that in your most recent updates that you are now matching the player sliders up with the corresponding slider...Well, I belive that the penalty sliders need to be matched as well...The higher the penalty, the more controlled they are (high RTK=slower pursuit, higher Face Mask=more broken tackles, higher clipping=less ability to block downfield)...So if all of the affects of raising penalties are negative, then why would raising IG=Better QB play? To me, through hours upon hours of playing and watching, the QB plays more "robotic" and is almost stuck on making certain throws the higher you go on IG...I think, and I emphasize THINK, that higher IG creates more INT's and sacks, because the QB is controlled by the higher penalty. ..O totally agree that there is a "sweet spot", but I feel like that the spot needs to be reached by comping the penalty slider with a higher QB Accuracy slider...So something in the 40's combined with a higher penalty slider, but the sliders have to all be at, or near each others number...When you create gaps, it throws off the game...If IG is 55, then KRI needs to match...If KRI is 55, then clipping needs to be the same...If False Start is 55, then Offsides needs to be 55...Sorry kinda long winded, but these are my observations and why I'm saying them is because I think you are seeing the same things which is why your Player Sliders are almost all even.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #1790
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Josh,

C
Capa, were you having any problem with the run game before you made tweaks? I started testing out Josh's latest AP slider set over a few games, but the run game was non-existent for both sides. And I mean, shut down to a yard here or there.

Also, just curious...when you put the controller in the middle, does it really make a difference? Because I play Coach Mode, too, and I never thought to do that.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #1791
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
How did you tweak the FS and offsides slider?
I only made offside 39 and false start 49.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #1792
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Capa, were you having any problem with the run game before you made tweaks? I started testing out Josh's latest AP slider set over a few games, but the run game was non-existent for both sides. And I mean, shut down to a yard here or there.

Also, just curious...when you put the controller in the middle, does it really make a difference? Because I play Coach Mode, too, and I never thought to do that.
The run game was better than what I was seeing with other sets. I did lower offsides to 39 and false start to 49 though.

I will tell you this...I think the variable results in the game have as much to do with what roster set and playbooks you use as they do with slider settings. I am using my classic set and I even edited QB short and medium ratings just the other day (not uploaded yet) and I think that also has something to do with the better pass % complete I am seeing.

But Josh's new AP set does seem to minimize sacks and I do see the QBs taking more shots downfield. My RBs seem to average between 3-4.5 yards per carry...but again, I am using a roister set with some of the greatest backs to ever play.

It's all a house of cards. It's why 8 months after release people are still looking for balanced sliders and gameplay. I am convinced there is no one right set or answer. Too many variables and styles of play.

C

Last edited by capa; 04-23-2015 at 05:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »