JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 225 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-23-2015, 05:34 PM   #1793
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

I can't run outside on the madden set at all. Its always at least a 2 yard loss. Do I just suck or does everyone have this problem?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #1794
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
The run game was better than what I was seeing with other sets. I did lower offsides to 39 and false start to 49 though.

I will tell you this...I think the variable results in the game have as much to do with what roster set and playbooks you use as they do with slider settings. I am using my classic set and I even edited QB short and medium ratings just the other day (not uploaded yet) and I think that also has something to do with the better pass % complete I am seeing.

But Josh's new AP set does seem to minimize sacks and I do see the QBs taking more shots downfield. My RBs seem to average between 3-4.5 yards per carry...but again, I am using a roister set with some of the greatest backs to ever play.

It's all a house of cards. It's why 8 months after release people are still looking for balanced sliders and gameplay. I am convinced there is no one right set or answer. Too many variables and styles of play.

C
Hey Capa, have you tried plugging these in with a standard roster? I wonder if you are having roster-specific issues with your set. We should be able to clean things up a bit to accommodate your classic roster.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #1795
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
I can't run outside on the madden set at all. Its always at least a 2 yard loss. Do I just suck or does everyone have this problem?
I had similar issues...but it was highly dependent on the team and ratings of my O-line.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #1796
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Capa, were you having any problem with the run game before you made tweaks? I started testing out Josh's latest AP slider set over a few games, but the run game was non-existent for both sides. And I mean, shut down to a yard here or there.

Also, just curious...when you put the controller in the middle, does it really make a difference? Because I play Coach Mode, too, and I never thought to do that.
If playing coach mode, it might not be a bad idea to raise the human RBK to match the CPU RBK. That might help....but I don't play coach mode, so I don't know for sure.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #1797
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually did that. I matched everything as the CPU and the run was non-existent. I'm going to try it again tonight and see what is what.

Side note, weird thing happened to me yesterday. I was at my wits end with different slider sets and I was decided to go back and try a Pro set. But then changed my mind and switched it back to All Pro. When I did that, Ball Hawk and Heat Seeker automatically switched to "ON." I usually shut it off, but I left it on this time. Then I went into my sliders and all I did was have QA = 10 and PB = 30. I left all other sliders as is at 50. Then I went into a new game of a new CFM with Bengals vs. Ravens.

Maybe it was the randomness of the game, but for some strange reason, my DBs were flying all over the place. I had 3 deflections and 1 INT in just the first half, and the CPU had 2 deflections. And it wasn't all deep pass deflections either. I saw short and medium route ones. Also, the CPU was helpless. They could not convert, even though their stats were decent, yet they couldn't stop me from converting, so I always marched down the field and scored. It was like I was playing on Pro or something.

So I quit the game and went back to check. Nope, I was still on All Pro. I was thinking it was the Ball Hawk option. So I went back in and played the same game again, and ugh, the magic had gone. The CPU kicked my butt and I lost by 20 points. Worst part was I didn't have a single deflection or INT.

I don't know what to make of it, but I had my hopes up for just a few glorious moments...
Old 04-23-2015, 07:25 PM   #1798
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Side note, weird thing happened to me yesterday. I was at my wits end with different slider sets and I was decided to go back and try a Pro set. But then changed my mind and switched it back to All Pro. When I did that, Ball Hawk and Heat Seeker automatically switched to "ON." I usually shut it off, but I left it on this time. Then I went into my sliders and all I did was have QA = 10 and PB = 30. I left all other sliders as is at 50. Then I went into a new game of a new CFM with Bengals vs. Ravens.

Maybe it was the randomness of the game, but for some strange reason, my DBs were flying all over the place. I had 3 deflections and 1 INT in just the first half, and the CPU had 2 deflections. And it wasn't all deep pass deflections either. I saw short and medium route ones. Also, the CPU was helpless. They could not convert, even though their stats were decent, yet they couldn't stop me from converting, so I always marched down the field and scored. It was like I was playing on Pro or something.

So I quit the game and went back to check. Nope, I was still on All Pro. I was thinking it was the Ball Hawk option. So I went back in and played the same game again, and ugh, the magic had gone. The CPU kicked my butt and I lost by 20 points. Worst part was I didn't have a single deflection or INT.

I don't know what to make of it, but I had my hopes up for just a few glorious moments...
OMG...I've had games like that with the human DBs actually looking competent...and I would go....YES, I figured it out!! Next game...nada....

This game is a torturous tease
Old 04-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #1799
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Josh what would IG be if cpu qb acc was raised to 15 on your all pro settings, any ideas?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #1800
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, Josh, three completely separate questions for you when you have a moment (apologize in advance for the length):

1) You have often said that QA, IG, and Speed Threshold are closely linked. I get the first two, but can you explain why Speed Threshold plays a role? Is it that the lower it is, the more likely there is to be separation in the passing game?

2) In recent tests I've done trying out the OPI and DPI sliders, when I put OPI = 10 and DPI = 90, I clearly saw that coverage is way tighter. Now, you have said that lower Pass Coverage means better coverage but less aggression from the DBs (less INTs and deflections). So, just a thought...what about decreasing OPI and increasing Pass Coverage (and a higher DPI)? In theory, wouldn't this help tighten coverage AND increase INTs and deflections? When looking back at my notes while testing different versions of your AM Hybrid set, I used a version with OPI = 50, DPI = 90 and PC = 50, and then a version where I just lowered PC = 30, and the former version saw a range of 4-6 deflections a game while the latter resulted in half that. Thoughts?

3) Finally, for a long time you (and others) have stated that we must match all slider setting between the Main Menu and the CFM. There's no doubt that matched/unmatched sliders impact game play. I've tested sliders out both ways (matched and with Main Menu at default), and I definitely see a difference, but ultimately I can't pinpoint what the difference is. Sometimes one way works better than others, depending on the slider set. So I often end up testing both ways, which can be tedious. Can you explain why we must always have them matched? Have you been able to pinpoint what happens when they don't match?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »