JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 226 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #1801
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey Capa, have you tried plugging these in with a standard roster? I wonder if you are having roster-specific issues with your set. We should be able to clean things up a bit to accommodate your classic roster.
No, I don't play with the EA roster sets...only classic teams. The tweaks I made to your set are working great for me on my roster set and how I play/watch the game. I do believe that slider sets need to be tweaked to play well with different roster sets.

For example, the high range of the QBs short and medium throw accuracy in my set may be 92 (just an example). In the stock roster set it could be 99. L8knight1 and myself tweaked the ratings for all players in our classic roster set to get more realistic gameplay and player specific performance on the field. Therefore, any sliders that work for a stock roster probably would not work well with our set. Tweaking would be needed.

So, I think all you can do is develop a set that plays well with the roster set and the way you play the game (coach only, thumb jockey, cpu vs cpu, etc). The last variable in the equation are the playbooks and how the gameplan is set up for those playbooks. Seeing too much passing? Maybe the cpu playbook is set up to throw 80% of the time on first down. Stuff like that. Maybe it uses running plays that are known busts..meaning they never work due to how the game tries to execute the play (blocking, timing, etc).

I sahre the frustration of seeing 1 game where everything seems perfect...stats, animations, penalties, etc. Then the next game RBs average 1 yd per carry and QBs throw for 87% completion rate! It is a no win...sometimes the game seems to have a mind of its own.

C
Old 04-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #1802
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Stress..on your pro set... you have RTK awfully high...isn't the run game a tad overpowered? High RTK makes defenses less aggressive in pursuit.

actually, the run game hasn't been overpowered, and I am thinking it is because the defenders stay in their lanes better and thus are in position across the field to make a play on the runner..

The "Trap" play can still gain consistent yards but does actually get stuff on occasion, where as before I could run up and down the field with just one play if I chose to do so.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #1803
Pro

OVR: 0

What would you recommend for for an IG setting with an all Madden setting and cpu qba of 5 and threshold of 50? Also what would you recommend for an all pro set with with qba at 5 or 10 and the 50 threshold? Should I consider moving threshold? I have been hesitant to move it as I hate when the plays get twitchy. I am bouncing back and forth between all Madden and all pro because on allpro the plays are smooth but the cpu offense is very all or nothing. On all Madden the cpu offense is very smart and makes good decisions but i see alot of twitchy animation and almost too many big plays. I am starting to think a threshold adjustment on all Madden would be the correct adjustment but don't want to shake the house of cards haha. Sorry for the long post.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #1804
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
What would you recommend for for an IG setting with an all Madden setting and cpu qba of 5 and threshold of 50? Also what would you recommend for an all pro set with with qba at 5 or 10 and the 50 threshold? Should I consider moving threshold? I have been hesitant to move it as I hate when the plays get twitchy. I am bouncing back and forth between all Madden and all pro because on allpro the plays are smooth but the cpu offense is very all or nothing. On all Madden the cpu offense is very smart and makes good decisions but i see alot of twitchy animation and almost too many big plays. I am starting to think a threshold adjustment on all Madden would be the correct adjustment but don't want to shake the house of cards haha. Sorry for the long post.
All Madden, QBA=5, 50 thresh, I have IG=63 (those are King's settings, so I charted them out awhile back).

Not sure about AP....yet....

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-24-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #1805
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Hey Josh what would IG be if cpu qb acc was raised to 15 on your all pro settings, any ideas?
Seriously? I've been thinking about lowering them as the CPU QBs have been too accurate in my games. How many games have you played thus far?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #1806
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, three completely separate questions for you when you have a moment (apologize in advance for the length):
Three really good questions.

Quote:
1) You have often said that QA, IG, and Speed Threshold are closely linked. I get the first two, but can you explain why Speed Threshold plays a role? Is it that the lower it is, the more likely there is to be separation in the passing game?
1. I don't think that threshold's influence on IG is about separation. When IG is too low (or too high) I have seen CPU QBs bypass WIDE OPEN receivers. I really think that it is something 'under the hood' that causes this affect and it isn't something that manifests itself on the field. Food for thought: on NCAA 14, nearly EVERY gameplay slider and every penalty slider affects IG (we raised RTK once by 5 points and had to adjust IG downwards). Fortunately, I have not seen this here.

Quote:
2) In recent tests I've done trying out the OPI and DPI sliders, when I put OPI = 10 and DPI = 90, I clearly saw that coverage is way tighter. Now, you have said that lower Pass Coverage means better coverage but less aggression from the DBs (less INTs and deflections). So, just a thought...what about decreasing OPI and increasing Pass Coverage (and a higher DPI)? In theory, wouldn't this help tighten coverage AND increase INTs and deflections? When looking back at my notes while testing different versions of your AM Hybrid set, I used a version with OPI = 50, DPI = 90 and PC = 50, and then a version where I just lowered PC = 30, and the former version saw a range of 4-6 deflections a game while the latter resulted in half that. Thoughts?
WRC: I believe that this influences nearly every facet of the WRs game, not just how well they catch....I'll get back to this in a moment....

OPI: I prefer it high as it induces better catch animations from WRs and they are more aggressive going for the catch when WRC is at or below 50. If you want to go really low, WRs will not go after catches...as such, you would need to raise WRC to compensate.

PCV: Remember that high PCV does not equal better coverage. I think of it as more of the slider which influences how quickly a DB reacts to a ball...which is why you will see more deflections at higher settings. Problem: DBs will begin to completely ignore the guys they are supposed to be covering in man coverage.

DPI: The higher it is, the more tightly the DBs cover. Pure and simple.

OPI/DPI ratio: Whichever number is higher has the advantage. So, if you want to give the DB the advantage, their number should be higher...however, you might be better served also raising WRC as well. Remember, this is universal, so tweaks would have to be made to both sides.

Quote:
3) Finally, for a long time you (and others) have stated that we must match all slider setting between the Main Menu and the CFM. There's no doubt that matched/unmatched sliders impact game play. I've tested sliders out both ways (matched and with Main Menu at default), and I definitely see a difference, but ultimately I can't pinpoint what the difference is. Sometimes one way works better than others, depending on the slider set. So I often end up testing both ways, which can be tedious. Can you explain why we must always have them matched? Have you been able to pinpoint what happens when they don't match?
You answered your own question....it makes a difference. Could you potentially manipulate sliders by having different main menu and CFM sliders? Sure, if we had 3 years and this was the last version of Madden ever made. Without stating up-front that they have to match, we would get people with default main menu seeing different things then other people who had them both matching. It's the same mess we were in with the "Cam Newton" difficulty before King figured that out....some people had it set to All Pro (whining, "It's too easy...") and others had it set to AM (whining, "It's too hard...").
Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #1807
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. For #3, I was just curious if you noticed any patterns with having non-matching sliders, but you're right...there are so many combinations, it would be impossible to figure that out.

But for question #2, putting aside animations, what I'm trying to figure out is how to have both good coverage (not too good where the QBs don't throw and get sacked all the time) and more deflections (more aggressive DBs). So, I was thinking of testing lower OPI and higher PCV and DPI, while keeping WRC higher. My theory was that it would improve coverage (lower OPI) but increase DB aggression (higher PCV and DPI). I was just wondering if you thought that would work before I spent hours testing it.

And to your earlier post about QA with you latest AP set, without a doubt completion % is still too high and I haven't seen a lot of deflections or INTs yet (mind you, it's just been 3 games). But comp % has been averaging close to 80 for me and CPU with QA = 10.

Thanks again for your response.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #1808
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. For #3, I was just curious if you noticed any patterns with having non-matching sliders, but you're right...there are so many combinations, it would be impossible to figure that out.

But for question #2, putting aside animations, what I'm trying to figure out is how to have both good coverage (not too good where the QBs don't throw and get sacked all the time) and more deflections (more aggressive DBs). So, I was thinking of testing lower OPI and higher PCV and DPI, while keeping WRC higher. My theory was that it would improve coverage (lower OPI) but increase DB aggression (higher PCV and DPI). I was just wondering if you thought that would work before I spent hours testing it.

And to your earlier post about QA with you latest AP set, without a doubt completion % is still too high and I haven't seen a lot of deflections or INTs yet (mind you, it's just been 3 games). But comp % has been averaging close to 80 for me and CPU with QA = 10.

Thanks again for your response.
I like some of your thought processes on the coverage. I think I am going to look at some of these ideas over the weekend on the AP set (which is much more forgiving on extreme slider settings than AM).

Edit: note - this may require a heavy overhaul to the set....but hey, if it works....

Last edited by JoshC1977; 04-24-2015 at 08:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »