JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 227 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #1809
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Seriously? I've been thinking about lowering them as the CPU QBs have been too accurate in my games. How many games have you played thus far?
I played three games, not a large sample I know. I have been playing as the Giants as they are a mediocre team with a good mix of teams in their schedule. I was getting great results against the cpu qbs, each consecutive game the qb would get worse yet my pressure and sack totals were average at best. The third game against the Lions Stafford threw for something like 46% and it seemed a whole lot worse than that.

I have just made a few tweaks and played two games with cpu qb at 15% and IG at 75. First game against Falcons Ryan had 66%, next game against Cowboys Romo had 79% and was razor sharp most of the game. Seen a few bombs each game and I have been getting about 4-5 sacks each game but they seem reasonable considering the matchups.

I also changed hum pass blk up abit as the pressure I was geting was unreal, even considering the opponents.

Have you made any more tweaks to your first set?

Last edited by paulb1976; 04-24-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #1810
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
PCI controls reaction time to both....RTK controls pursuit and how aggressively the CPU goes after other players.
Josh would reaction time include how quickly defensive players read offensive plays? I have had some great games the last day or so, realistic enough stats and gameplay wise however only one main issue.

My defensive players are extremely slow to read and react to Qb option and runs. It has little to do with player ratings as I was the Seahawks against the 49ers. I had a few instances where the Niners were inside the 10yrd line, would call a pass play and when Kap would see nobody was open and decide to run it my highly rated defensive players would just stand by and watch until it was to late. Very slow reaction to what was happening.

What settings could be tweaked to adjust this?
Old 04-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #1811
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Josh would reaction time include how quickly defensive players read offensive plays? I have had some great games the last day or so, realistic enough stats and gameplay wise however only one main issue.

My defensive players are extremely slow to read and react to Qb option and runs. It has little to do with player ratings as I was the Seahawks against the 49ers. I had a few instances where the Niners were inside the 10yrd line, would call a pass play and when Kap would see nobody was open and decide to run it my highly rated defensive players would just stand by and watch until it was to late. Very slow reaction to what was happening.

What settings could be tweaked to adjust this?
You could bump up the KRI slider 5 points when playing these types of teams if you feel the need...but since so few teams in the NFL run this kind of scheme, I'm not really inclined to make a full slider change to accommodate it.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #1812
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Guys....I have decided to retire the All Pro set. It is now in a spoiler tag on the opening post.

Those of you looking for a solid AP set, panthersfan89's "NFL Experience" sliders has done a terrific job. I think he is close to completion, but he has already done the things I want from an AP set.

I had been planning on raising the PCV and lowering OPI/DPI in hopes of better coverage based on feedback here. He has already done it for his set and his settings work well....so I figured, why duplicate it?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #1813
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, Josh, I could use your advice. I got really close to finding a great AP set, only to see sacks ruin it. I was playing around with the OPI/DPI sliders, and all I did was match them both at 90. Every other slider I kept at 50, except Fatigue at 60. I tested several games with a new CFM (Bengals vs. Ravens). What was amazing was that even with QA = 50, I was seeing realistic QB play and comp %. Overall, everything was good except for sacks. In one half of a game, I sacked Flacco 7 times (they only sacked me once). I played the same match up 3x, and I kept kicking the CPU's butt because of the sacks. If I could only calm down the sacks, I'd actually have a really good game going.

I tried several things...Offsides, Holding, False Start, RTP, IG, etc., and even though I might decrease sacks, it ruined the game in other ways. For instance, with IG up, comp % went up and gone went the deflections, INTs, and deep passes.

The only thing I came upon that seems to help the best is the PBK slider. As I lowered it, sacks went down (ironically), but comp % went up and deep passes went down. The lower it was, the quicker the QB got rid of the ball. I tested it out with PB = 10, DPI/OPI =99, and in one example I only sacked Jack Locker 2 times. But pass % was around 80% and there were only 2 deep passes total. Everything else was good. Then, I tested out PB = 25, DPI/OPI = 99. I only played one game so far, but the results were promising...Flacco was sacked 5 times (better than 7 in one half), a total of 5 deflections and 2 INTs, solid run game, and best of all 11 total deep passes. The downside is that comp was 75% for both and both teams had around 400 passing yards.

All that being said, do you have thoughts on the above? Any insight into the PB slider, since I think that's key to finding some kind of balance? Really, I could use any advice on helping mitigate sacks. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #1814
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, I could use your advice. I got really close to finding a great AP set, only to see sacks ruin it. I was playing around with the OPI/DPI sliders, and all I did was match them both at 90. Every other slider I kept at 50, except Fatigue at 60. I tested several games with a new CFM (Bengals vs. Ravens). What was amazing was that even with QA = 50, I was seeing realistic QB play and comp %. Overall, everything was good except for sacks. In one half of a game, I sacked Flacco 7 times (they only sacked me once). I played the same match up 3x, and I kept kicking the CPU's butt because of the sacks. If I could only calm down the sacks, I'd actually have a really good game going.

I tried several things...Offsides, Holding, False Start, RTP, IG, etc., and even though I might decrease sacks, it ruined the game in other ways. For instance, with IG up, comp % went up and gone went the deflections, INTs, and deep passes.

The only thing I came upon that seems to help the best is the PBK slider. As I lowered it, sacks went down (ironically), but comp % went up and deep passes went down. The lower it was, the quicker the QB got rid of the ball. I tested it out with PB = 10, DPI/OPI =99, and in one example I only sacked Jack Locker 2 times. But pass % was around 80% and there were only 2 deep passes total. Everything else was good. Then, I tested out PB = 25, DPI/OPI = 99. I only played one game so far, but the results were promising...Flacco was sacked 5 times (better than 7 in one half), a total of 5 deflections and 2 INTs, solid run game, and best of all 11 total deep passes. The downside is that comp was 75% for both and both teams had around 400 passing yards.

All that being said, do you have thoughts on the above? Any insight into the PB slider, since I think that's key to finding some kind of balance? Really, I could use any advice on helping mitigate sacks. Thanks in advance.
Well, before Sunday, I might not've suggested this....but after playing Panther's set....I'd suggest dropping the PBK and RBK sliders both down....

Why both? Well, I played around with 0 PBK before and when trying panther's set, I suggested he raise the RBK to get a little more realistic run blocking....what was interesting is that the CPU QB started holding the ball longer....

So, it appears that both the PBK and RBK sliders dictate how long the CPU holds the ball. It is actually pretty amazing to see how well the CPU QB plays when both are at 0....awareness is there, escapability is there....it's pretty darn cool....
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #1815
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually did try out his set last night. Everything seemed good except, oddly enough, the CPU was taking tons of sacks. But I trust your judgment, so I'll give that a whirl. Maybe it was a fluke. Thanks, as always!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #1816
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I actually did try out his set last night. Everything seemed good except, oddly enough, the CPU was taking tons of sacks. But I trust your judgment, so I'll give that a whirl. Maybe it was a fluke. Thanks, as always!
That IS odd....did you have everything set to AP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »