Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2015, 07:48 AM   #1817
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Yup. I tried them out again last night, Bengals (me) vs. Ravens, and in the first half Flacco was sacked 5 times already. Don't get me wrong, it was better than some of my other personal slider sets, but because the CPU can't sustain drives thanks to the sacks, the game becomes too easy. In the end, what's so frustrating is that you finally figure out a set that works great for one facet of the game, but you "break" another by changing the sliders. I need to give his set more of a chance, but I want to try out some other ideas first. I don't want to give up on AP, since I play Coach mode, but I may be going back to your AM set with tweaks.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #1818
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I may wind up making some tweaks to the am set as well. I got some pretty good ideas from panthers set....but I think we can get a good set without using the zero block sliders on am.

One thing....his set may not be well tuned for coach mode...sometimes user input can affect how plays work out.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:18 AM   #1819
Rookie

Thetruedarksun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Yup. I tried them out again last night, Bengals (me) vs. Ravens, and in the first half Flacco was sacked 5 times already. Don't get me wrong, it was better than some of my other personal slider sets, but because the CPU can't sustain drives thanks to the sacks, the game becomes too easy. In the end, what's so frustrating is that you finally figure out a set that works great for one facet of the game, but you "break" another by changing the sliders. I need to give his set more of a chance, but I want to try out some other ideas first. I don't want to give up on AP, since I play Coach mode, but I may be going back to your AM set with tweaks.

I am convinced that all the sliders are broken no matter what you do you'll never find a set that plays well more than half a season its either like you said fix one break another or you get better at the game and have to tweek the sliders again just to match your skill. All that said still tweeking my set smh lmao.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #1820
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I may wind up making some tweaks to the am set as well. I got some pretty good ideas from panthers set....but I think we can get a good set without using the zero block sliders on am.

One thing....his set may not be well tuned for coach mode...sometimes user input can affect how plays work out.
You got that right Josh. There is no set...none...that works for Coach mode. I have tried them all, including my own set(s). None of them hold up for more than a game or two. The system is broken. EA does not want you playing coach mode. The game engine and all surrounding it is tweaked for user vs user. Anything involving the CPU AI and decision making is fubared.

It's why it is 9 months later and people are still creating/tweaking slider sets. It is a hopeless exercise...especially for coach mode.

C
Old 04-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #1821
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
You got that right Josh. There is no set...none...that works for Coach mode. I have tried them all, including my own set(s). None of them hold up for more than a game or two. The system is broken. EA does not want you playing coach mode. The game engine and all surrounding it is tweaked for user vs user. Anything involving the CPU AI and decision making is fubared.

It's why it is 9 months later and people are still creating/tweaking slider sets. It is a hopeless exercise...especially for coach mode.

C
I think I must sadly agree with this. Seems the game is made to be better User v. User. But overall, I think the biggest problem is that sliders are not mutually exclusive. You touch one, it impacts another. Looking over my notes, it's so frustrating to see me test a base set, tweak one slider to fix X, but then that causes problems Y and Z to now occur. IMO, sacks are the main culprit. I found a couple sets that were pretty darn good, but sacks ruined them. And of course when I adjusted sliders to mitigate sacks, it only created more problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #1822
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

And what kills me is that you just see the potential....this game is so darn close.....
Old 05-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #1823
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

I want to thank you for all the work you have put into this. I have to say these have been some of the most sim like sliders that I have played with...And although I went undefeated in my 3rd season with the steelers (The team is 93 over all rated 96 off and 91 def, with superstars at pretty much every position and a 99 everything olb that I created that has broken the sack record 3 times), top teams gave me a run for my money and I crushed bottom feeders. The best part for me is the QB play cpu qbs actually seem to play to their ratings and pressure actually effects throws which is freaking awesome. Human DB play also seems to be more realistic, Im not seeing wr's run circles around them anymore

Their are only 2 issues that I have seen... The first one is the lack of penalties which I believe is an EA code problem so there is nothing we can do about it. The second thing that I have noticed though is the lack of injuries for the human side.... yes you might have a rb, wr, lb or db and sometimes a qb pick up a injury that last longer than 6weeks but I have noticed that by the end of the season most cpu teams have an average of 7 players on the injury list and at lest 2 or 3 are on IR with severe injuries. And I don't know if this is only me, but I have never seen a OL injury for the human player.

I guess my question is, have you noticed this and have you considered playing with the injury slider?

Thanks again for all of your hard work, this set has really made madden enjoyable for me.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #1824
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
I want to thank you for all the work you have put into this. I have to say these have been some of the most sim like sliders that I have played with...And although I went undefeated in my 3rd season with the steelers (The team is 93 over all rated 96 off and 91 def, with superstars at pretty much every position and a 99 everything olb that I created that has broken the sack record 3 times), top teams gave me a run for my money and I crushed bottom feeders. The best part for me is the QB play cpu qbs actually seem to play to their ratings and pressure actually effects throws which is freaking awesome. Human DB play also seems to be more realistic, Im not seeing wr's run circles around them anymore

Their are only 2 issues that I have seen... The first one is the lack of penalties which I believe is an EA code problem so there is nothing we can do about it. The second thing that I have noticed though is the lack of injuries for the human side.... yes you might have a rb, wr, lb or db and sometimes a qb pick up a injury that last longer than 6weeks but I have noticed that by the end of the season most cpu teams have an average of 7 players on the injury list and at lest 2 or 3 are on IR with severe injuries. And I don't know if this is only me, but I have never seen a OL injury for the human player.

I guess my question is, have you noticed this and have you considered playing with the injury slider?

Thanks again for all of your hard work, this set has really made madden enjoyable for me.
First off, glad you are enjoying these....sounds like you built a powerhouse squad.

As to your comments, you're right about penalties...I mean, yes, we could get more penalties, but the ones we could add to the mix (offsides, holding) would require tweaks to those sliders that would totally exacerbate the sack issue.

The injury slider is tough....and is a matter of taste. When you bump it up, you get more injuries....but it seems like QBs REALLY get hurt a lot...especially on the other side when they are taking sacks. I personally don't love the idea of facing every team's second or third stringers every game. Feel free to bump it up if you'd like...just be aware of the potential consequences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »