JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 229 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-02-2015, 06:22 AM   #1825
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Played an amazing game with these today. Like, I actually... had fun.

I actually had fun.

They beat the shi*t out of me, and I beat the shi*t out of them. They won in the end because I threw a terrible user error INT.

With sim results.

Also, never misunderestimate CPU dumb stuff, hb screens, or 4 verts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGo2r-BF5lE

Last edited by Von Dozier; 05-02-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:27 PM   #1826
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Played an amazing game with these today. Like, I actually... had fun.

I actually had fun.

They beat the shi*t out of me, and I beat the shi*t out of them. They won in the end because I threw a terrible user error INT.

With sim results.

Also, never misunderestimate CPU dumb stuff, hb screens, or 4 verts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGo2r-BF5lE
Which set are you using, AP or AM??
Old 05-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #1827
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Which set are you using, AP or AM??
Set used in OP. AP intro trick, AM settings.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #1828
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I may wind up making some tweaks to the am set as well. I got some pretty good ideas from panthers set....but I think we can get a good set without using the zero block sliders on am.

One thing....his set may not be well tuned for coach mode...sometimes user input can affect how plays work out.
What's good Josh? Are your sliders playable with user vs user? If not can you point me to a set of sliders for that purpose? King told me to find a set of sliders that are cpu vs cpu, but I'm not able to find them on here even with the search feature.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #1829
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I have never played user v. user, so I really have no idea what the slider dynamics are like. Have you tried looking in the online league forum threads to see what various leagues are using?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #1830
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have never played user v. user, so I really have no idea what the slider dynamics are like. Have you tried looking in the online league forum threads to see what various leagues are using?
I have not but will do so. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #1831
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

When I started playing this game, I played on Normal speed having thought that the CPU AI played better on normal. However, I decided to switch to slow as a better understanding of IG was gained and I thought (erroneously, as it turns out) that the impact of game speed was placebo.

I decided over the weekend to give Normal a shot….the results were not what I expected as it definitely improved some aspects of this game. I am now confident that playing on slow speed also affects the AI (almost as though the on-field game is playing on slow speed but the AI is still “mentally processing” on normal speed). I think that this is why you see some of those weird moments where CPU-controlled players go one way and then another for no reason….things get out-of-sync. The key differences I saw were with regards to the run game, CPU pass deflections, and CPU QB play.

Run game: How many times on slow speed have you seen a blocker out in front of a toss or stretch play not make the proper seal block? I have seen it too many. But, on Normal, there was a notable improvement as the linemen are more effectively making the proper decision has who to block. It isn’t overpowering as they don’t always get there…but I had a few moments where a tackle on the perimeter just got the smallest nudge on a defender at the last second to allow the back to get to the outside. On slow, the lineman would go after the wrong defender most of the time which is why the outside run game has been such a bear for many of us not using an elite speed back.

CPU Pass Deflections:
This one was unexpected as the CPU pass deflections dropped on normal. I think the biggest factor here is pass velocity relative to the CPU AI’s “mental processing speed”. On slow, the passes took longer to get there and the CPU AI had more time to react to them. Another factor is that I have not seen nearly as much warping on normal. Now, if you loft a pass that you shouldn’t or have a weak-armed QB, they will still get to them. But if you have a QB with a solid arm, he now has a chance now to get a pass into a tight window like in real life instead of watching a DB warp over or leap up unrealistically for the deflection. Now you may think that this makes user passing too easy. It would except that you have to make the right decisions more quickly at the faster game speed.

CPU QB Play
: Because the game speed is re-synced with the AI, CPU QB reactions in the pocket are more realistic. Now…this does NOT solve the sack issue all by itself as the d-linemen are still overpowered, but it helps with the QB’s escapability a bit. Also, now that route running occurs more quickly, the CPU seems to be making far better decisions in terms of getting the ball out on-time and they don’t consistently hold onto the ball as long.

To illustrate the point (numbers are made-up), if a WR was running a deep post on ‘slow’ it might take 4.5 or 5 seconds but that same pattern might only take 3.5 or 4 seconds on ‘normal’. As such, the CPU AI would thus be expecting the WR to come out of his break at 3.5 – 4 seconds. On normal speed, that would be correct. However, on slow speed, the QB is ready to throw but the receiver is still running his pattern, so he doesn’t throw as he “reads” that the WR is covered – I think that this begins the downhill spiral partially explaining the sack issue.

So what does all of this mean? Well, the gameplay itself feels more ‘real’ to me on Normal than on slow. It is an adjustment as you have to react more quickly but I was fine after a quarter or so. I definitely implore those of you who, like me, played on ‘slow’ to give normal a shot. I will be changing the OP to strongly recommend Normal speed. Those of you that have been playing on normal all along, you have been playing a different game than the rest of us….

The last couple of nights, I have been working to optimize the slider settings for normal. When all was said and done; I didn't change much...here are the adjustments.

Gameplay speed: Normal
Threshold: 50
OPI: 99
DPI: 99 (I may consider 98...still waffling there)
IG: 62
Pass reaction: 50/50

That's it, only a small handful of changes. Now, a couple of notes:

• If you have a bad O-line, you're going to feel it in the pass game. You're either going to take sacks or have to adapt your play calling.
  • If you have a bad O-line, you're going to feel it in the run game (notice a theme ). It was for this reason that I evened out the pass reaction to 50.
  • If you haven't used the left stick to aim passes...I suggest re-visiting some of the drills. There will be times where coverage will be tight and you will need to use this to optimize the passing game.
Opening Post will be updated shortly....enjoy all!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:44 PM   #1832
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is this your new preferred set Josh? I have recently gone back to AM as I feel I had maxed out AP and there are issues that have always been present in that setting that will take some competition out of it once you know how to play.

Do you have any idea what the IG would be on AM with normal speed, a threshold of 1 and cpu qba at 5?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »