JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 251 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #2001
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf2012
play a game against Richard Sherman with this set and tell me his attributes are being penalized I dare you

to further retort, look at what Joshs description of what each slider does

it says very little about ratings, its more about how players react in certain situations
I'm not saying Richard Sherman is going to be absolutely terrible when lowering the coverage slider. This is what EA said zone and man coverage impact. Zone coverage rating impacts how quickly defenders break on throws and how quick they react to throws. Man coverage rating impacts how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes. So reducing or raising the coverage slider changes the effectiveness of man and zone ratings. Hence causing a player to react slower or faster depending on how you have it set. I also have a feeling sliders act the same way the speed threshold slider works, meaning if you have the coverage slider low you're going to see sherman play about the same as if the slider was at 50 but you'll see someone like josh robinson play considerably worse then if the slider was at default. Now on the flip side if you raise the slider above 50 you'll still have sherman playing about the same as he should be but robinson will now also be playing closer to shermans level, obviously he wont be at the exact same level but the discrepancy will be lessened.

Last edited by tyg412; 05-26-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #2002
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyg412
I'm not saying Richard Sherman is going to be absolutely terrible when lowering the coverage slider. This is what EA said zone and man coverage impact. Zone coverage rating impacts how quickly defenders break on throws and how quick they react to throws. Man coverage rating impacts how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes. So reducing or raising the coverage slider changes the effectiveness of man and zone ratings. Hence causing a player to react slower or faster depending on how you have it set. I also have a feeling sliders act the same way the speed threshold slider works, meaning if you have the coverage slider low you're going to see sherman play about the same as if the slider was at 50 but you'll see someone like josh robinson play considerably worse then if the slider was at default. Now on the flip side if you raise the slider above 50 you'll still have sherman playing about the same as he should be but robinson will now also be playing closer to shermans level, obviously he wont be at the exact same level but the discrepancy will be lessened.
E.A. says a lot of things, but at this point we have put in more time working on this game sliders thaan they get a chance to do in the game cycle, they have around 6 i believe we have had 9, Im going to trust that we know how the sliders work and how to get the most out of them.

A suspicion means nothing there is hard evidence to support Josh's work, have you used the sliders ?
The players play the way they should, its not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than out of the box all madden.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:04 AM   #2003
Rookie

I tested intentional grounding in practice mode. I started with IG at 62 and QBA at 50, then I had the CPU run the slot post play 40 times, 10 against cover 2 man, I flipped the play and ran it 10 more times against cover 2 man. Then i ran it 10 times against cover 3 sky, flipped it and ran it 10 more times against cover 3 sky. I did the same thing with QBA at 5, after that was done i set IG back to 50 and QBA to 50, repeating the same thing as above.
Spoiler
Old 05-26-2015, 05:23 AM   #2004
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf2012
E.A. says a lot of things, but at this point we have put in more time working on this game sliders thaan they get a chance to do in the game cycle, they have around 6 i believe we have had 9, Im going to trust that we know how the sliders work and how to get the most out of them.

A suspicion means nothing there is hard evidence to support Josh's work, have you used the sliders ?
The players play the way they should, its not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than out of the box all madden.
I don't think anyone knows exactly how the sliders work at all, it's all just guesses and speculation.

What hard evidence? In his general slider information section he states that those are his thoughts on what the sliders do, so an opinion, not actual fact. Just things that he's witnessed while coming up with his sliders and I'm just giving my input on what I've observed with sliders. For example, I just went and tested the pass coverage slider with Seattle as the defense put it at 50 to see what sherman did in man coverage and from what i saw he played to his ratings, then i put the slider up to 100 and didn't notice any difference with him but did notice that kam, who has a 65 man rating was all over his guy. So i dropped it down to zero and saw that sherman was still being sherman but kam looked like he was blind, the WR would make a cut and he'd continue running up the field instead of turning with him. So from that test i can infer that at least with the pass coverage slider and man coverage, players with close to or maxed man coverage will be good no matter what but players that have terrible man coverage rating will just get worse the lower the slider goes. Which is similar to how the speed threshold slider works, going below 50 causes slow players to get slower and going above causes them to get faster.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:18 AM   #2005
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

Quote:
I don't think anyone knows exactly how the sliders work at all, it's all just guesses and speculation.

What hard evidence? In his general slider information section he states that those are his thoughts on what the sliders do, so an opinion, not actual fact. Just things that he's witnessed while coming up with his sliders and I'm just giving my input on what I've observed with sliders. For example, I just went and tested the pass coverage slider with Seattle as the defense put it at 50 to see what sherman did in man coverage and from what i saw he played to his ratings, then i put the slider up to 100 and didn't notice any difference with him but did notice that kam, who has a 65 man rating was all over his guy. So i dropped it down to zero and saw that sherman was still being sherman but kam looked like he was blind, the WR would make a cut and he'd continue running up the field instead of turning with him. So from that test i can infer that at least with the pass coverage slider and man coverage, players with close to or maxed man coverage will be good no matter what but players that have terrible man coverage rating will just get worse the lower the slider goes. Which is similar to how the speed threshold slider works, going below 50 causes slow players to get slower and going above causes them to get faster.
100s of hours of slider testing

im not going to continue to debate with you bud, you arent making statements about this slider set. If you want to make a thread about your input with sliders please do so. This is a thread about a specific set of sliders not one to debate whether or not sliders matter
Old 05-26-2015, 06:29 AM   #2006
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

Quote:
I tested intentional grounding in practice mode. I started with IG at 62 and QBA at 50, then I had the CPU run the slot post play 40 times, 10 against cover 2 man, I flipped the play and ran it 10 more times against cover 2 man. Then i ran it 10 times against cover 3 sky, flipped it and ran it 10 more times against cover 3 sky. I did the same thing with QBA at 5, after that was done i set IG back to 50 and QBA to 50, repeating the same thing as above.
Spoiler
cfm plays differently than practice, test this in cfm also test this with several qbs and define short medium and long passes and do so several times

also try using the slider set, not once have you provided a comparison of in game stats from a plain game on all madden vs a game with this set a lot of claims no actual in game proof

Noe im done debating didnt see this post before
Old 05-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #2007
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

im two games in with both of my teams and they are having very different seasons, Panthers 0-2 24th offense 28th defense, no running back over 80 yards 1 receiver over 100 just 5 sacks on the year giving up huge numbers on the ground. Newton has a qb rating of 63 with 2 tds and 3 ints longest pass has been a 36 yarder

With the 2-0 Colts we have the 2nd best offense the 3 best defense, Murray hasnt had a game with less than 100 yards, Hilton has 261 yards and 2 tds Welker has 167 yards and a td Crabtree is closing in on 100 and has a td,
My defense has stuffed the run in routs of both the Panthers and Patriots. They also have 12 sacks in just 2 games, 8 against Brady who threw at least 12 screen passes (not an exaggeration). Luck is yet to throw an int and has racked up 5 tds
Old 05-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #2008
Rookie

crf2012's Arena

Playing my 3rd game as the Colts and zach Mettenberger is playing exactly how he does in real life

side note it is really cool to see cpu qbs treat a free play due to me jumping offsides like a free play, 8-10 times I go offsides they try a deep bomb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »