JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 257 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #2049
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
THAT is a problem....you can't just jack up a couple of sliders to make the game more difficult without unbalancing everything else. I could tell you to pump up the pass reaction slider to 100 but it would make the run game WAY too easy. My only suggestion is to drop the User QBA to 2 (1 and 0 tend to glitch things out a bit and may wind up easier)

If you think these are still too easy, I strongly recommend you evaluate how you play the game and ask yourself as to why it is too easy....if you are loaded-up with 99 overalls....you SHOULD dominate as the ratings will be properly reflected with this set.
Exactly..... Correct me if i'm wrong, but this set is supposed to create a sim experience with players playing as close to their ratings as possible. So of course if you have highly rated players all over your team you will dominate. If you are just looking to make the game harder, there are plenty of other slider sets for that.

I would suggest picking up a piss poor QB and play with him for a game or two and see if there is a difference. I know there is a huge difference for me when I play with Big Ben than when I play with Tyrell Pryor.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #2050
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

BTW, 2K is supposed to be coming out with a football game this year and I am wetting myself in anticipation....Finally won't have to waste money on madden.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #2051
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
Exactly..... Correct me if i'm wrong, but this set is supposed to create a sim experience with players playing as close to their ratings as possible. So of course if you have highly rated players all over your team you will dominate. If you are just looking to make the game harder, there are plenty of other slider sets for that.

I would suggest picking up a piss poor QB and play with him for a game or two and see if there is a difference. I know there is a huge difference for me when I play with Big Ben than when I play with Tyrell Pryor.
In fairness, he did later say he was using Geno Smith....not exactly a world-beater....

But you can "game the system" with a piss poor QB just like a good one too....like I always say, you have to play sim to get sim results....
Old 06-04-2015, 10:12 AM   #2052
Banned

OVR: 0

Here is a good example:

I moved Kruger/Mingo to LE/RE in the offseason so they're 92/95ovr. They lack the strength though to make tackles in the run game. I moved to a 4-3 and have Mike Devito on the line with a 75ovr rookie. Teams are running all over me!!!

I picked up Borland from the trade block and moved him to ROLB to help with the run but he lacks the speed/acc to play coverage so Flacco burned me a few times the other night. I have to really adjust my coverage so Borland isn't left alone - but I need him there to help stop the run!!!

I am so excited to go home and play again tonight
Old 06-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #2053
Pro

OVR: 14

I'm really enjoying this set, I'm 2-1 in my niners franchise. Qb's have been wildly inconsistent. First game I pick off Romo 4 times and my qb kap completes 50 percent for 148. Second game kap throws for over 300, but Cutler and his backup both compete over 80 percent of passes. Against Arizona kap is back to 50 percent with 3 ints and Arizona's back-up is around 60 percent. Kap misses some wide open short passes which can be frustrating at times. I'm enjoying the running game, has a real good feel to it. Cpu qb will throw deep, but does checdown to rb a lot.

Last edited by moose1619; 06-04-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #2054
Pro

OVR: 14

I noticed I was using set 6.02 and I adjusted to 6.1 for my last game. I won the game 30-28 over the Eagles and the only glaring thing was sacks. I had 8 and none of them where user sacks. Could have been a one time deal but it seemed like the Philly QB held onto the ball forever and would never scramble. From an offensive prospective I really like it, except the fact that my QB will miss some easy throws at times.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #2055
Banned

OVR: 0

Josh - anyway to tighten up HUM pass coverage?

Last night Flacco went 35-38 for 450yds and 4tds. I'd say that if the CPU QB has high confidence, I'm screwed. Most receivers have a minimum of 5yds separation on all my CB's, sometimes more. A couple plays there are 10+yds of separation.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #2056
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
Josh - anyway to tighten up HUM pass coverage?

Last night Flacco went 35-38 for 450yds and 4tds. I'd say that if the CPU QB has high confidence, I'm screwed. Most receivers have a minimum of 5yds separation on all my CB's, sometimes more. A couple plays there are 10+yds of separation.
Unfortunately, that is the one nut I haven't been able to crack with this game. Every time I tried to fix it, it threw something else horribly out of whack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »