JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 258 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #2057
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Unfortunately, that is the one nut I haven't been able to crack with this game. Every time I tried to fix it, it threw something else horribly out of whack.
I'm going to tryout 75 threshold, maybe 100. See how it effects the WR/CB interaction. I assume I'll need to lower pass block on both sides.
GLASS87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #2058
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
I'm going to tryout 75 threshold, maybe 100. See how it effects the WR/CB interaction. I assume I'll need to lower pass block on both sides.
The tighter you make coverage, the more sacks you see....so yes, lowering PBK makes sense.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #2059
Pro
 
thefakeJTS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

These sliders play great since I reset my profile. However, I have yet to not run for 100 yards during the regular season. I'm in week 13 with Cleveland and Crowell leads the league in rushing and West is also 14th in the league. I always have to sub Crowell out in the 4th so stats don't get way out of wack.
__________________
Atlanta Braves
Cleveland Browns
Kentucky Wildcats
thefakeJTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #2060
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2004
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Hey, Josh, what are you thoughts on the WRC slider? I ask because it's the one slider most don't seem to touch (at least from seeing other slider sets), yet I've been seeing some interesting things while experimenting. At first, all I thought the WRC did was increase/decrease the CTH attribute. But I've been so frustrated with the high comp % from QBs, that I said, "screw it, I'll decrease comp % by increasing drops, even if it's not 'real.'"

One thing I noticed right away is that WRC doesn't really work for the User. If you lower both, it only increases drops for the CPU. But the other thing that has got me into more testing with it, is that with my AM set based off your latest version, I was getting killed, mostly from the CPU passing game. Comp % difference over several games averaged 20-30% in favor of the CPU. So I kept both QBA sliders at 5, but I lowered both WRC sliders to 20. With only that one change, the CPU comp % dropped below mine, going from the high 70s and low 80s to the 50s. And here's the thing...the CPU is only averaging 4 drops a game and I only get around 1-2 deflections a game. The difference is that the CPU was making some bad throws that weren't happening before.

So I did another test. This time, I used my old AP set, put WRC at 25 for both (instead of 50 before) and then I put the CPU QA at 50 (left User at 10). Wouldn't you know it, the CPU was making some bad throws even at 50, which they didn't do before. Over several games, the CPU was averaging in the 60s from comp %.

Again, this is only preliminary testing, and I plan on doing more, but I was curious if you had any insights from what you've seen yourself with testing this slider. I don't know if I'm on to something (probably not...couldn't be that lucky), but for the first time, I may actually increase the CPU QBA slider in AM to make the CPU throw better.
picker19 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #2061
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, what are you thoughts on the WRC slider? I ask because it's the one slider most don't seem to touch (at least from seeing other slider sets), yet I've been seeing some interesting things while experimenting. At first, all I thought the WRC did was increase/decrease the CTH attribute. But I've been so frustrated with the high comp % from QBs, that I said, "screw it, I'll decrease comp % by increasing drops, even if it's not 'real.'"

One thing I noticed right away is that WRC doesn't really work for the User. If you lower both, it only increases drops for the CPU. But the other thing that has got me into more testing with it, is that with my AM set based off your latest version, I was getting killed, mostly from the CPU passing game. Comp % difference over several games averaged 20-30% in favor of the CPU. So I kept both QBA sliders at 5, but I lowered both WRC sliders to 20. With only that one change, the CPU comp % dropped below mine, going from the high 70s and low 80s to the 50s. And here's the thing...the CPU is only averaging 4 drops a game and I only get around 1-2 deflections a game. The difference is that the CPU was making some bad throws that weren't happening before.

So I did another test. This time, I used my old AP set, put WRC at 25 for both (instead of 50 before) and then I put the CPU QA at 50 (left User at 10). Wouldn't you know it, the CPU was making some bad throws even at 50, which they didn't do before. Over several games, the CPU was averaging in the 60s from comp %.

Again, this is only preliminary testing, and I plan on doing more, but I was curious if you had any insights from what you've seen yourself with testing this slider. I don't know if I'm on to something (probably not...couldn't be that lucky), but for the first time, I may actually increase the CPU QBA slider in AM to make the CPU throw better.
Hey Picker....that is some very interesting testing there. I never experimented much with the WRC slider for this game to be honest. However, I have always believed that it does more than just affect the catch ratings...I just never had hard evidence. I'm still very much in NCAA mode, so I haven't touched this game in a while. Get me informed as to your testing - I'll probably come back to this game at some point.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #2062
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
These sliders play great since I reset my profile. However, I have yet to not run for 100 yards during the regular season. I'm in week 13 with Cleveland and Crowell leads the league in rushing and West is also 14th in the league. I always have to sub Crowell out in the 4th so stats don't get way out of wack.
Cleveland has a darn good O-line, so I am not surprised. A five point bump in CPU TAK might help, just make sure the pursuit angles are not so extreme that the LBs are getting stuck on the linemen.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #2063
Pro
 
thefakeJTS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

That was my thinking. We do have a very very very underrated offensive line in real life, but they rated correctly in game. I'll try raising the tackling by 5 and see how that works out.

I used to make my own sliders, but this game is so crazy how each slider effects so many different things. I just can't keep up, and I'm always afraid to tinker on my own haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
Atlanta Braves
Cleveland Browns
Kentucky Wildcats
thefakeJTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #2064
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

I'm a little late to the party but just got Madden 15 and have started with these settings.

I've run into a problem where my starting RB gets about 12-15 carries in the first half and then only plays about 2 snaps in the second half.

I've tried searching for a solution to this but no luck. Any advice?
Tarheels153369 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Top -