Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #2105
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
That 76% completion rate for Geno Smith is bugging the hell outta me. I would bet that the cpu's wr's were getting a ton of separation on your DB's. I'm far from a slider expert, but could this be because the DPI slider is too high? for ****s and giggles I played a few games on all pro default sliders and although the robo qb was horrendous, and the cpu run game and pass blocking were non-existent, DB's seemed to play their position better and some of the better ones were actually jamming receivers off the line in man coverage. I know that if you mess with one slider, something else gets broke, but this poor DB play is a game killer for me.

@Josh yes AM/AM/AM...also reason I'm ok with it..my starting corners by madden rating 75 and lower, standards are terrible..I wouldn't call it piss poor coverage just can't cover..think about it, if any pro team ran out two starting corners that even on a normal pro team were at best a dime corner and special team players who are now starting, I would expect Geno to go for 76%..then add in the skill level of play All Madden x3 yeah it's ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 12:33 AM   #2106
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No....higher DPI will improve the coverage....if it IS a slider, the likely culprit is the PCV slider (and QBA). The likely issue was the lack of pressure he was getting.

Matt10 in our NCAA thread posted an interesting set today - it played a lot like a good NFL game (bad for NCAA, good for Madden). It actually (in theory) may address a lot of our issues with what I posted yesterday. I'm going to take a quick look at that...
Tried a game with the Matt10 sliders and got through a half before I lost connection to the EA servers. Gonna play through again but here are my initial thoughts:

Playing against the Lions in year 4 of my CCM and they are probably the 2nd best team in the league on both sides of the ball behind my Steelers.

Right of the bat, User passing is much harder, threw 2back to back ints with Big Ben before I settled down. CPU coverage is great especially in man, DB's were jamming receivers off the line and totally screwing up their routes. I really had to work through my progressions to find the open receiver. Coverage on the Human side was a mixed bag but I think it had more to do with the players than the sliders but I can't figure out why....My number one corner is a year 3 player rated 99 overall with blazing sp and accl, man and zone cov in the low 90's, awr and prc in the high 90's, 99 press, 81 strength and 91 agl. He played pretty much shutdown D in the first half limiting megatron to 3 catches, getting great press coverage on the line and disrupting his routes. Cortez allen on the other hand, who has almost the exact same ratings with the exception of a slightly lower agl at 87 and much lower strength at 54, got completely owned by golden tate and then by his replacement when Tate got injured. Of the 15 completions, Allen was the coverage for 8 of them. Couldn't get any press on the line and there was at least 5 yards of separation between him and the receiver every time Stafford released the ball. So long story short, I can't understand why 2 corners with nearly identical everything would have such dramatically different performances.

Stafford was automatic. 15/15 139yds and 3 touchdowns. Couldn't get near him, no pressure what so ever which is a problem b/c my front 7 is freakishly good....should have had at least a few hurries, but was only able to get 1 sack on a safety blitz. No drops on either side, only saw one off target throw by Big Ben. Ben ended the quarter 14/20 (70%) 151 yds, 2tds, 2 int. They only had one sack as well but they were definitely getting pressure, usually had less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Cpu had a run game. Shane Vereen had 12 carries for 58 yards and a 4.8 avg. that is usually what most teams do against me in an entire game

Hum rushing was a struggle. Bell was 8/46 5.7avg, but that is a little misleading b/c 30 yards of that came on a big run in the 1st qtr. Other than that, the O'line couldn't make a hole to save their lives which is a problem b/c I have probably assembled the greatest line in history, all my guys are high 90's in every blocking category and awr, and bell is a pretty good back so I would think they would have done a bit better. Most concerning though was I ran 2 screens and on both occasions, all 3 lead blockers totally whiffed on their assignments...didn't even touch em, never seen that before.

So thats what I saw through 2 qtrs...Im going to play again and see if anything changes b/c I did alter my play calling for this game, calling a lot more man coverage than usual and passing a little more than usual so I could see how the DB's were reacting. I'll post the results after.

Last edited by adickerson; 07-07-2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:53 AM   #2107
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Tried again and gave up after 2 qtrs.... HUM pass D was non existent CPU pass D was God. Every pass that I threw over 15 yards was picked off. no Hum or CPU run game.
Big Ben: 6/17 (35%)105 yds, 0 td, 5 int, 1 sack
Stafford: 17/21 (80%) 154 yds 1 td, 0 int, 4 sacks

The worst part though was the HUM O line play. No time to throw, no holes to run through. They would just stand there on passing downs and let their assignment run free or get totally blown off the line.

I tried, but it was getting totally ridiculous. Imma play a few FIFA matches and call it a night.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:09 PM   #2108
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah, not really feeling the 'new' set.. actually DOES make it feel like NCAA 14 with that wide-open feeling. HUM/CPU running game ran wild, and I was killing the CPU in passing and the CPU QB was getting sacked too much. And when he wasn't getting sacked, he was scrambling and throwing a perfect pass off his back foot all the way across the field.

I DO like the threshold at 19 though.. I'm gonna use that with the "old" AP/AM/AM sliders.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #2109
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Yeah, not really feeling the 'new' set.. actually DOES make it feel like NCAA 14 with that wide-open feeling. HUM/CPU running game ran wild, and I was killing the CPU in passing and the CPU QB was getting sacked too much. And when he wasn't getting sacked, he was scrambling and throwing a perfect pass off his back foot all the way across the field.

I DO like the threshold at 19 though.. I'm gonna use that with the "old" AP/AM/AM sliders.
I could probably refine things if I really wanted to - but I am likely not going to play this game much more. I'm probably going to stick with playing NCAA for the time being.

(And yes....the 19 thresh really does feel just about right for this game....)
Old 07-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #2110
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

First time playing with the AM/AM/AM and they play pretty good. What should I have accelerated clock on if I play at 15 minutes? And are there any new updates. I just got in the football mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #2111
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

How is this for cpu pass percentages???

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #2112
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not commented on this thread for months but noticed lots of updates. If anyone is still struggling to find a consistent game I personally love the AP/AM/AM Version 1 setup with CPU tackling bumped to 35 to contain HUM run a touch.

Played 6/7 seasons with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »