JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 27 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #209
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
Started up a fresh Online CCM with the Cleveland Browns. Sliders are exactly as Josh's current set except for:

Accelerated Clock to 15secs.
QB ACC still at 2.

First preseason game.

Cleveland Browns at Detroit Lions
Oct 24, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cleveland Browns (0-0)

Detroit Lions (0-0)

Team Stats Comparison

CLEDET
Total Offense337354
Rushing Yards11444
Passing Yards223310
First Downs1612
Punt Return Yards

Kick Return Yards

Total Yards

Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion

4th Down Conversion

2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals

Penalties2-202-20
Posession Time32:0119:56
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Manziel3/62000
Boyd20/2823401
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Crowell517

West1770

Boyd320

Manziel33

RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Hawkins554

Robinson536

BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
TEAM25
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
TEAM
Detroit Lions
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Stafford3/51700
Orlovsky15/2425221
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bush49

Bell1336

RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Pettigrew5116
Fuller440

Bush112
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
TEAM02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
TEAM

• I struggled with Medium/Long passing.
  • Their pass rush killed me when the backups were in as Nick Fairley was still playing.
  • They were able to get some wide open throws with a bunch of YAC. Don't know if my backup secondary just sucks and was constantly out of position or what.
  • I just couldn't sustain any drives. But it was a preseason game, so not too worried about that.
  • Felt really good. Probably gonna stick with this slider set from now on.
Good stuff. Preseason games are very tough to use as a gauge for slider effectiveness; but I am glad to hear that Fairley dominated your back-ups, as he should. You should really try the QBA at 3; it's a nice balance and you see players play more to their abilities.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #210

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

After trying multiple sliders and bouncing from All Pro to All Madden difficulty I decided to give these a shot. I don't have any stats as I had to turn it off quickly but the game played extremely well. I was San Francisco playing at Oakland, poor offensive line, pretty much a poor team all the way around. I was surprised when MJD broke a 56 yard run on me and at the half I was only up 17-14, then the second half started. I ended up winning 41-24 and they scored the last TD in garbage time when I had pulled a bunch of starters on defense to avoid injury but the game itself felt tremendous. Matt Schaub was only 14/26, didn't see a hint of robo QB the entire game, he attempted to beat me downfield a couple times, tried threading the needle on post routes and a go down the seam, the CPU offense just seemed much more realistic. The only downside I could point to would be the 6 sacks I accumulated on them but then again they went into "pass happy" mode when they fell behind 38-17 and that made it a lot easier to generate pressure when I didn't need to worry about the run anymore. Next up is a game at Seattle which should be a good barometer as I lost to Seattle on a different set of sliders and it wasn't as close as the score would have indicated. Kudos on the sliders though man, they played extremely well.

Side note, does anyone use the pass commit? If so does that lead to more sacks as the rushers "pin" their ears back and rush the QB with reckless abandon? I noticed that late when I started doing this I got a few "cheap" sacks so was just curious what others thoughts are on this. Furthermore, when you see the CPU come out in a 3 TE set on 3rd and short and figure theyre passing and go pass commit is this going to throw anything out of whack? Oakland burned me on that same formation earlier in the game when I didn't commit at all so figured they were going back to the well so I sent the house and pass committed which resulted in Schaub getting murdered. It seems realistic to tell the defense to not worry about playing the run late when its obvious but at the same time I dont wanna create a situation where I start piling up the sacks because of it.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #211
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
After trying multiple sliders and bouncing from All Pro to All Madden difficulty I decided to give these a shot. I don't have any stats as I had to turn it off quickly but the game played extremely well. I was San Francisco playing at Oakland, poor offensive line, pretty much a poor team all the way around. I was surprised when MJD broke a 56 yard run on me and at the half I was only up 17-14, then the second half started. I ended up winning 41-24 and they scored the last TD in garbage time when I had pulled a bunch of starters on defense to avoid injury but the game itself felt tremendous. Matt Schaub was only 14/26, didn't see a hint of robo QB the entire game, he attempted to beat me downfield a couple times, tried threading the needle on post routes and a go down the seam, the CPU offense just seemed much more realistic. The only downside I could point to would be the 6 sacks I accumulated on them but then again they went into "pass happy" mode when they fell behind 38-17 and that made it a lot easier to generate pressure when I didn't need to worry about the run anymore. Next up is a game at Seattle which should be a good barometer as I lost to Seattle on a different set of sliders and it wasn't as close as the score would have indicated. Kudos on the sliders though man, they played extremely well.

Side note, does anyone use the pass commit? If so does that lead to more sacks as the rushers "pin" their ears back and rush the QB with reckless abandon? I noticed that late when I started doing this I got a few "cheap" sacks so was just curious what others thoughts are on this. Furthermore, when you see the CPU come out in a 3 TE set on 3rd and short and figure theyre passing and go pass commit is this going to throw anything out of whack? Oakland burned me on that same formation earlier in the game when I didn't commit at all so figured they were going back to the well so I sent the house and pass committed which resulted in Schaub getting murdered. It seems realistic to tell the defense to not worry about playing the run late when its obvious but at the same time I dont wanna create a situation where I start piling up the sacks because of it.
Awesome feedback. As to run/pass commit, I stay away from it unless I am down big and am trying to get back in the game (if I use it, I don't control the initial burst off the line). I definitely think it unbalances things a little too much and I have never seen evidence of the CPU using it.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #212

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Awesome feedback. As to run/pass commit, I stay away from it unless I am down big and am trying to get back in the game (if I use it, I don't control the initial burst off the line). I definitely think it unbalances things a little too much and I have never seen evidence of the CPU using it.
Sounds good, I didn't use it but once early on when it came to that third down and 1 I mentioned. Now late I used it a bit more as I figured I had no reason to fear the run and didn't wanna chance the cpu doing playaction and having everyone bite when I would prefer they give up the 5 yards on the ground instead of the potential 20 in the air. Again, great sliders man, best game I've played since release so can't commend you enough for these as they played beautifully.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:22 AM   #213

The Chef's Arena

Some quick stats from my game at Seattle in which I lost 23-16.

Russell Wilson - 23/35, 256 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Marshawn Lynch - 18 carries, 70 Yards

Colin Kaepernick - 24/49, 285 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT'S
Frank Gore - 22 carries, 95 Yards

Kap's numbers look terrible but the fix was in late. With the game tied at 16 and 4 minutes left he suddenly couldn't complete a pass missing on 6 straight after playing fairly well up to that point. Prior to his sudden inability to hit a wide open receiver my receivers suddenly forgot how to catch, at one point he threw 9 straight incompletions in the 4th quarter. I've never been one to buy into comeback codes or anything like that but this was the most blatant case of one team being gifted a win that I've ever seen in all my years playing this game. It was to the point that I almost benched him for Gabbert, throws into the flat that went into the first row, I mean it was beyond terrible. Crabtree and Boldin with their 90+ catch ratings dropping easy ones and when they werent dropping them late it was only because Kap was so off target they had no chance at even trying to catch the pass.

Besides that the game played perfect again. I only sacked them once, although I was sacked 6 times yet again which seems to be a theme so far and even though I have better pass blockers the cpu is able to generate a lot more pressure then I'm able to even when sending a blitz. Anyways, turning it off just wanted to get a few sacks and vent a bit about the blatant screw job the game just gave me.

EDIT - I should clarify, my issues with sacking the CPU seem to only happen when playing against Seattle. It's weird as the offensive line ratings for pass block are terrible across the board for them yet somehow, someway theyre able to block anything and everything thrown at them. Apparently being the cover athlete helps as they're impossible to beat apparently.

Last edited by The Chef; 10-26-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #214
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Some quick stats from my game at Seattle in which I lost 23-16.

Russell Wilson - 23/35, 256 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Marshawn Lynch - 18 carries, 70 Yards

Colin Kaepernick - 24/49, 285 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT'S
Frank Gore - 22 carries, 95 Yards

Kap's numbers look terrible but the fix was in late. With the game tied at 16 and 4 minutes left he suddenly couldn't complete a pass missing on 6 straight after playing fairly well up to that point. Prior to his sudden inability to hit a wide open receiver my receivers suddenly forgot how to catch, at one point he threw 9 straight incompletions in the 4th quarter. I've never been one to buy into comeback codes or anything like that but this was the most blatant case of one team being gifted a win that I've ever seen in all my years playing this game. It was to the point that I almost benched him for Gabbert, throws into the flat that went into the first row, I mean it was beyond terrible. Crabtree and Boldin with their 90+ catch ratings dropping easy ones and when they werent dropping them late it was only because Kap was so off target they had no chance at even trying to catch the pass.

Besides that the game played perfect again. I only sacked them once, although I was sacked 6 times yet again which seems to be a theme so far and even though I have better pass blockers the cpu is able to generate a lot more pressure then I'm able to even when sending a blitz. Anyways, turning it off just wanted to get a few sacks and vent a bit about the blatant screw job the game just gave me.

EDIT - I should clarify, my issues with sacking the CPU seem to only happen when playing against Seattle. It's weird as the offensive line ratings for pass block are terrible across the board for them yet somehow, someway theyre able to block anything and everything thrown at them. Apparently being the cover athlete helps as they're impossible to beat apparently.
Ouch, losing that way is never easy - losing to your rival is even worse.

I've had players go ice cold a few times, and it is frustrating as heck (but also happens IRL). Couple that with a late game situation where I wind up forcing things a bit too much, and it isn't good.

From a slider perspective, just curious though as to what fatigue setting and QB & WR In/Out slider settings you used for the game...
Old 10-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #215
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Josh, i'm sure this question was asked, do you have these sliders out in madden files in game? If so what platform are you using? And what is your id tag. So ican download them. Thanks in advance bro
Old 10-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #216

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Ouch, losing that way is never easy - losing to your rival is even worse.

I've had players go ice cold a few times, and it is frustrating as heck (but also happens IRL). Couple that with a late game situation where I wind up forcing things a bit too much, and it isn't good.

From a slider perspective, just curious though as to what fatigue setting and QB & WR In/Out slider settings you used for the game...
I've got fatigue at 60 and my auto subs are set to what you have in the first post. It was a heartbreaking loss, was 2 games back and needed that win. I thought I had a shot until everything unraveled late and the game spiraled out of control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »