JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 29 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #225
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Just plugged in the latest additions (threshold @ 19) in a fresh CHI CFM and I'm blown away by how these play. I think this may very well be the holy grail.

We won 31-8 vs. BUF in week one, which is an abnormally lopsided score for me on All Madden, but the game play was very organic.

I picked up Hester for sentimental reasons and he took a KO 102 YDS for a TD and put up 92 YDS on 2 PRs. His work allowed me to operate on a short field all day long, which was huge. Cutler completed 67% of his throws for 210 YDS and 2 TDs, with a beautiful 46 yard strike to Marshall. I love how the deep passing game is balanced out with the 19 threshold. You can take some shots but it's not as ridiculous as 0 threshold.

EJ had an abysmal day, completing just 50% of his passes and throwing a pick. Not having to worry about him allowed me to focus on the run and I managed to hold Spiller to 3.4 YPC. Manuel got out for 58 yards on 6 ATT, but I started spying him on 3rd down and got his rushing stats in check.

My two favorite things about the game were HUM sacks and WR/DB interactions. I had 1 sack on the day with Jay Ratliff, and that was on a screen pass that Manuel ate. The rest of the day I got pressure but not much in the way of sacks. I hurried several throws, which was great to see, as they all resulted in incompletions due to the ball coming out before the WR was ready for it.

And on the WR/DB stuff, I saw great balance there, with the DBs contesting several catches and breaking up a few receptions with timely hits as the ball arrived.

I really liked the flow of the game, the animations, etc. On a different day, I could see this game turning out very differently, especially if Spiller were to get rolling. My D did an excellent job of tackling him 1-1.

Nice work!
Amen brother, this was the difference maker for me. I tried the Wiz's sliders and the WR\DB interaction wasn't there, the WRs were too passive and the DBs were warping to everything. This set plays a great, very realistic game.This is how Madden should play on default!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales

Last edited by Last Gunfighter; 10-26-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:27 AM   #226

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Thank you for that response. Little details really help. I just pray this isn't a major issue (if it is a home field advantage for a team like Seattle, that is one thing - if it is the same across the board, that is another). Even if there is a boost at the end; I just feel that the benefits of AM over AP outweigh this kind of issue.
Hopefully you don't take that as a knock on your sliders as the issue is built into the game and sliders won't fix that. Your sliders are still amazing. The score in my game at Seattle was 2-0 after 1 when I got a safety and I was up 9-3 at halftime. It was the best game I've played since I got the game at release, these sliders really are amazing man and create a terrific experience on the field.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 5

I gave these a try cause I wasn't being challenged anymore in my CFM and somehow had an easier time than all-pro.

I racked up 5 INTs and 6 sacks against Payton Manning which led me to a blowout win. I barely blitzed and called basic man and cover 2 defenses.

Hoping that was an anomaly. Will give these at least one more game to see how it goes since everyone seems to be getting great results with them.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #228
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zito75
I gave these a try cause I wasn't being challenged anymore in my CFM and somehow had an easier time than all-pro.

I racked up 5 INTs and 6 sacks against Payton Manning which led me to a blowout win. I barely blitzed and called basic man and cover 2 defenses.

Hoping that was an anomaly. Will give these at least one more game to see how it goes since everyone seems to be getting great results with them.
Was that with the human int slider set to 35? That was a recent change as we were seeing next to no user picks (I don't switch to DBs on defense) on 30.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #229
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Was that with the human int slider set to 35? That was a recent change as we were seeing next to no user picks (I don't switch to DBs on defense) on 30.
I like 35, but I don't user The Secondary, I play MLB or Maybe DT. Only played 2 games with It at 35. So far i've seen 2 picks by my team. I am the jaguars, but I checked my secondary coverage and catching stats and lowest was 68 which was a 3rd string CB. I'll keep posting about this Josh, as always! By the way Josh, your NCAA sliders, are amazing as far of yesterday set!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #230
Rookie

Quote:
Correct. These were all CPU picks as I decided to stop switching awhile back to tone down my INT numbers.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #231
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Josh, made it through the pre-season in my Browns CCM with your current set with a record of 2-2 and extremely realistic stats/results.

Played 1st game of regular season and I gotta say I was extremely happy with the results.

I will post boxscore and stats here in a bit.

But Steelers played me tough the first 3 quarters getting up on me 20-3. I couldn't do much in the run game at all, except for Johnny Football on a few runs.

4th quarter though, I finally got some offense going and some defense as well, and just utterly dominated the 4th quarter.

Game ended on me stopping them with just over a minute left, getting a decent punt return, and getting in FG range...hitting game winner as time expires to win 23-20.

I did finish with over 500 yds of offense with a big chunk of that coming in 4th quarter where I was finally able to get a few breaks and get some big plays...first time in a long time that's happened for me.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #232
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
Josh, made it through the pre-season in my Browns CCM with your current set with a record of 2-2 and extremely realistic stats/results.

Played 1st game of regular season and I gotta say I was extremely happy with the results.

I will post boxscore and stats here in a bit.

But Steelers played me tough the first 3 quarters getting up on me 20-3. I couldn't do much in the run game at all, except for Johnny Football on a few runs.

4th quarter though, I finally got some offense going and some defense as well, and just utterly dominated the 4th quarter.

Game ended on me stopping them with just over a minute left, getting a decent punt return, and getting in FG range...hitting game winner as time expires to win 23-20.

I did finish with over 500 yds of offense with a big chunk of that coming in 4th quarter where I was finally able to get a few breaks and get some big plays...first time in a long time that's happened for me.
How exactly did you dominate the 4th? Were things just going your way or did the CPU suddenly turn into garbage (dropping passes all of a sudden)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zito75
Correct. These were all CPU picks as I decided to stop switching awhile back to tone down my INT numbers.
I was honestly hoping you were cheesing a bit

Assuming that assists like ball hawk were turned off, that's a bit too high. If you remember, were Manning's picks offline throws, your guys just making plays, or was he suddenly forcing throws? Also, could you look up Manning's QB traits in your CFM (i.e. like 'force throw', 'clutch', etc.)?

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-27-2014 at 07:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »