JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 30 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-28-2014, 04:07 AM   #233
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quick questions Josh, on SEC's sliders he mentioned that he put all QBs on the Trigger Happy trait & also turned off tuning- did you do either one of those with your settings? Trying to decide what sliders I want to try out when I get my xbox back, leaning toward these at first. Thanks, appreciate all the work you've put in on this.

Last edited by itsOTTOmatic; 10-28-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #234
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

For user vs user im thinking about implementing somethint around these sliders as it is the most fun I have had this year.. However interceptions even at 30 I was getting way to many.. I know user vs user no switch will be ridiculous lol. Josh would U say 20-25 would be more realistic at that point? I just hate seeing 15 qbs with 30 interceptions and 20 dbs close to 8-15 interceptions or something crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #235
Rookie

Josh,

Played last night, really liked it. I thought at first i was going to destroy the CPU, i had 2 sacks in 1st quarter, ended up with 4 total. I am playing as Green Bay CFM....I have waited to start the full season until i get these figured out. I was playing Seattle. They destroyed me on the run both wilson and beast mode....like they should....i did end up having a few key stops and ended up winning 20-19. Not sure how tough the Seattle defense was, I am using newest roster release, so they may have toned down some of the ratings....as Seattle has not been that great this year.....anyways, rodger threw for 2 td 1 int 325 yards.....lacy had 71 yards....really liked them.

so three questions:
1. how close are you to finalizing this? any changes you see or are currently working on right now
2. do you create your own coach or use existing coach when in offline CFM
3. how often do you do progressions? weekly, monthly or yearly
Old 10-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #236
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
For user vs user im thinking about implementing somethint around these sliders as it is the most fun I have had this year.. However interceptions even at 30 I was getting way to many.. I know user vs user no switch will be ridiculous lol. Josh would U say 20-25 would be more realistic at that point? I just hate seeing 15 qbs with 30 interceptions and 20 dbs close to 8-15 interceptions or something crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For user only games, 25 seems like a decent Target. I still haven't honed in on a setting for user v. CPU games though.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #237
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spboden
Josh,

Played last night, really liked it. I thought at first i was going to destroy the CPU, i had 2 sacks in 1st quarter, ended up with 4 total. I am playing as Green Bay CFM....I have waited to start the full season until i get these figured out. I was playing Seattle. They destroyed me on the run both wilson and beast mode....like they should....i did end up having a few key stops and ended up winning 20-19. Not sure how tough the Seattle defense was, I am using newest roster release, so they may have toned down some of the ratings....as Seattle has not been that great this year.....anyways, rodger threw for 2 td 1 int 325 yards.....lacy had 71 yards....really liked them.

so three questions:
1. how close are you to finalizing this? any changes you see or are currently working on right now
2. do you create your own coach or use existing coach when in offline CFM
3. how often do you do progressions? weekly, monthly or yearly
1. Not actively working on any changes right now, but that is because I have been perfecting the ncaa 14 set.

2. I strongly suspect that the coach sliders have an impact on the game. Unfortunately, we can't edit them in the roster file like on NCAA 14. So, if I plan on playing like the real life team does, I use their coach. If I am going to use my own scheme, I create my own coach and set the sliders based on how I plan on playing.

3. Not locked in yet, but I usually use monthly during the season and weekly during the preseason. I hold myself to whatever I set the CPU to.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #238
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
Quick questions Josh, on SEC's sliders he mentioned that he put all QBs on the Trigger Happy trait & also turned off tuning- did you do either one of those with your settings? Trying to decide what sliders I want to try out when I get my xbox back, leaning toward these at first. Thanks, appreciate all the work you've put in on this.
Qb edits are cool and accentuate this set. I have not removed the tuner due to potential issues with sacks....personal preference though....I just think the running game can be tuned easier.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #239
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Icon6 Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Just popping in to say, GREAT JOB! You resurrected Madden 15 for me. I'm a huge football gaming fan. I've actually kept my X360 around just for NCAA Football 14. After playing about 5 seasons with the updated rosters for NCAA, I just had to find something else to do. I started playing Forza Horizon 2. It's lots of fun but I hate all the forced "open world" multiplayer they have. (Bring back lobbies for online play please?! These roadtrips are stupid. I shouldn't have to play zombies or king of the hill to determine a champion... it's a racing game for crying out loud). Ok, back on topic.

Using this set with a slight adjustment (HUM QBA to 9), this game was really turned around. I haven't bought Madden but a few times since like 2005. Everytime I'm disappointed b/c its not as fun as NCAA Football and I end up returning it and going back to college. Well, I bought Madden 15 upon release b/c of the shiny new graphics and the defensive praise it was getting. What I found? CPU QBs getting sacked every other play and when they weren't sacked they'd complete 90%-100% of their passes for 300 yards a couple scores and 0-1 INTs per game.

I actually played most of a online franchise with some buddies from work (we're all NCAA junkies). We only lasted 10 weeks on default All Madden. It was too much robo-QB and getting beat by what we felt that game was "cheating" against us. So we swapped back to All Pro. Now, we win by 30-40 every game. Once again, Madden just wasn't fun. We quit for good after a season.

After going to the local NFL game, I had the itch to play Madden when I got home. I popped up OS when I got home and just tried a random set that seemed like it was getting good reviews. This is the set I landed on. Man, I'm now 5 games into a season and loving it at 3-2. Each game has had about the same on-edge feel to it. No blowouts.

Playing with the Titans, I've played the Chiefs (W 27-20), Cowboys (L 27-16), Bengals (W 24-14), Colts (L 31-20), and Browns (W 28-20). Each game the opposing QB has had between 55%-70% completions. Jake Locker got hurt Week 2 of course but on the season he's about 55% completions and Zach Mettenburger is 67% completions. The running game is about right. I have several runs where I get stuffed. In my most recent game, Sankey started like 9 rushes for 25 yards. He finished with 18 rushes for 85 and a TD. It seems very realistic to the NFL. Small gains/losses then bust one for about 20 or so. The passing game is harder and you pay if you make a terrible decision but all-in-all it seems fair. I have trouble on the deep ball still but that may be my WR corp vs the defenses I played.

I'm playing on 12 minute with 20 seconds on the run-off clock. Teams average anywhere from 300-400 yards of offense per game. It just seems so much better.

I haven't played NCAA in a week because of you. Bravo. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #240
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Forgot to add:

The pace of the games seem to be random like the teams playing them. What I mean is it's not always the same result. I jumped all over the Cowboys and was up 16-3 at Half. They made some adjustments or either had a pretty rough half time speech and came out to score 24 unanswered points and pitched a 2nd half shutout to win 27-16.

The Bengals I also jumped all over early. 14-0 after two drives with a backup QB. I pushed the lead in the 3rd quarter and just held them off and they tried to form a comeback in the 4th.

The Chiefs game was back and forth. We matched each other score for score, punt for punt, turnover for turnover until finally I scored back to back TDs late to end the game.

It's been a blast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »