JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #25
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
How many picks are you guys getting? I'm getting next to no picks and am considering raising User INT about 5 points.

Just finished a very interesting game. Played as the Broncos against the Colts. Colts went up 7-0 on a long TD run (50+ yard - don't remember exact number) by Bradshaw (who finished with 89 yards on 17 carries). The Broncos then scored 24 straight points as Manning got on absolute fire (starting 9-10 for 201 yards and a TD). Manning finished with just over 300 yards and a 63% completion percentage....so good stuff there.

Manning then threw 3 second half INTs as the Colts fought back, Luck beating us through the air and with his legs. The got back to 20-27. We got the ball and instead of the old, "run it three times up the gut to run out the clock" strategy, I get aggressive. I call a PA bootleg the receivers were covered - ran it with Manning (bad idea) who subsequently lost a fumble. The Colts had it back in my territory with less than a minute left. Luck nearly connected on a long bomb in the endzone on a 3rd and long but the DB swatted it away. 4th and long was uneventful as Luck's pass was batted away.

All-in-all, a fun game. Am probably going to do a dynasty with a much weaker team and see how it goes (and may test out a higher INT setting - but really need feedback on that here).
About the INT slider, I really thought 40 or 45 was a nice spot for both sides. I mostly used 45 because they would drop a few and drop ones that should be caught.
So far with your slider int at 30, had pick six and one returned to 2 yard line.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #26
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

I like you hate absolutely HATE the robo god back up QB's so I am hoping these will help!

1 quick question though, I know you recommend all madden, but that's way above my skill level any idea how they play on all pro? I mean I am going to try regardless just curious that,s all
Old 10-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #27
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

josh, I am using these sliders and they do play a great game of football, but I have this feeling ratings don't matter on all madden like they do all pro.

Can anyone tell me with this set will it matter if I upgrade my o-line, qb, cb's, etc?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #28
MVP

JG80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
josh, I am using these sliders and they do play a great game of football, but I have this feeling ratings don't matter on all madden like they do all pro.

Can anyone tell me with this set will it matter if I upgrade my o-line, qb, cb's, etc?

During my game against the Giants, Joe Flacco was playing like Joe Flacco. He got hurt for a few plays, and his backup played TERRIBLE. I think he was 1-4 for 4 yards.

Sent from Nawlins.

NBA:MAVERICKS
Old 10-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #29
MVP

JG80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
I like you hate absolutely HATE the robo god back up QB's so I am hoping these will help!

1 quick question though, I know you recommend all madden, but that's way above my skill level any idea how they play on all pro? I mean I am going to try regardless just curious that,s all

It's not as hard as you think.

Sent from Nawlins.

NBA:MAVERICKS
Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
It's not as hard as you think.

Sent from Nawlins.
Very Nawlins right there. I'm sure he appreciates it! You dumb prick
Old 10-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #31
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex

This set isn't designed to be a crazy hard All Madden set (I leave that to Jarrod's expertise - he does a fine job with that).

I'm looking for a balanced challenge; but with AP, QB pocket awareness can be downright awful. I want this set to feel like a 'smarter All Pro' and I think we are quite close to that.

As to your concern about ratings; I definitely think they still matter. There is a HUGE difference in line play based on player ratings and QBs definitely play to their ratings. Does the CPU get a boost because it is All Madden? Yes, they do. But you get a boost because you are a human being going up against an AI.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-19-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #32
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

I would strongly agree with the statement that ratings matter quite a bit on AM.

Across two different AM test franchises (KC and JAX), I have definitely seen differences in performance that equate to ratings at QB, HB, OL, DL, and DB.

AM this year feels really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »