JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 44 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK.....unless I just really suck at Madden, THAT was really ugly as defense was way overpowered. I'll confess that this idea may not work so well for this game....LBs and D-linemen have way too much speed (thank you Mr. Moore).

I've gotten several very gracious PMs from people who really enjoy the original set - seems like these have a better following than I realized. I'm going to fire those up and see what I see and see if we can improve upon them. I'm going to drop this idea and go back to the original set. It may not seem like I am giving this much of a chance; but I can tell you that at the end of the day, the set would wind up very different from the NCAA 14 set. So, let's go back to a base that we KNOW works.
I have a perfect set based off your set...but the user running is way to easy for me as well

couple thoughts...someone suggested raising the clipping up higher...or the false start lower??? maybe fumble slider lower?

any thoughts on this

I have run blocking at 0 and cpu tackle at 100
Old 11-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #346
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
I have a perfect set based off your set...but the user running is way to easy for me as well

couple thoughts...someone suggested raising the clipping up higher...or the false start lower??? maybe fumble slider lower?

any thoughts on this

I have run blocking at 0 and cpu tackle at 100
Well, jacking up CPU tackle to 100 may be the reason it is too easy for you. The TAK slider affects more than tackling ability, but also affects their pursuit angles. My guess is that they are over-playing the ball too much, allowing plays to either be cut outside or cut against the grain too easily.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #347
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well, I plugged in the original set and I totally agree that the run game is too easy. The blocking is still quite good, but the issue is that the defense was over-reacting to everything and LBs were always getting caught up in the 2nd level line blocking. This is the same issue we had on NCAA 14 when we lowered the block sliders for better effect. Fortunately, I know how we fixed this
Old 11-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #348
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

New set (early-alpha version) posted. Hopefully we have begun to resolve the run game issues. Will offer more detail in a while, but I Need people to start testing.

The issue post-patch is that defenders (LBs in particular) are too aggressive and take horrible angles. They get caught on O-line blocks way too often. This is solvable by going low on the TAK slider, a bit higher on RTK and way lower on KRI. Playing intermittently today, but the changes are noticeable.

Know how you could do a run commit and all the players would head straight for the center? Well, with this Alpha set, LBs are running straight ahead and filling their gaps quite nicely. This might be the best way to demonstrate the difference that the adjustments to these sliders make.

To counteract the lower TAK slider, I have modestly lowered the Fumbles slider and have lowered the facemask slider to get more wrap-ups. The run game has definitely been toned down for the user and the CPU. More tweaks will likely be needed to optimize.

Looking very carefully right now at the pass coverage. I think the pass reaction and PCV for the user is going to need to go up a bit. But, I am using the Jets horrid secondary, so I want to see what I see with better units.

Please offer detailed feedback on what you see and if anything seems amiss.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-29-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #349
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quick update, set on OP:

Pass Reaction: 50/50
Facemask: 30
DPI: 79
Clipping: 51
Old 11-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #350
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Quick update, set on OP:

Pass Reaction: 50/50
Facemask: 30
DPI: 79
Clipping: 51

I'm away but when I get back Sunday night I'll run a test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 11-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #351
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

One final change for the day....need to play some NCAA

Lower CPU Pass Reaction to 47. User run game was a bit too strong while the pass game was too weak at 50 (it was the opposite at 45). This should (hopefully) balance it out.

Play close attention to matchups in the passing game (you need to mix/match players based on their physical abilities). Played as the Cardinals versus SD. Eddie Royal was burning me on crossing patterns the entire first half. He had much better ratings than my nickel corner, Powers. I switched Peterson to the slot corner in nickel formations (using Powers on the slower Floyd) and shut him down the rest of the game while keeping the outside passing game in-check.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 11-29-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #352
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Is your updated set on the 1st page

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »