JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 54 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Loving all the info in this thred Josh, its super helpful. I have been trying a lot of testing over that past couple days with your sliders as a base. One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that PENALTY SLIDERS AFFECT GAMEPLAY without a shadow of a doubt. What I'm working on right now.is getting all penalty sliders where I believe they should be in order to get the game to look like football as a whole as far as player movement, reaction to plays, and reactions to each other. I can unfortunately say that just about every penalty slider has some sort of affect on gameplay and many times multiple affects you may not even realize.

Example of a penalty that does more than one thing:

PCI: Like you've stated it helps with D players at not overreacting to plays but it also has a major affect on D coverage.

Penalties I don't plan on moving:

OS:99 - Makes it so D line tries to get a perfect snap jump every time just like they would in real life. They actually look like they want to make a play on the ball.

FS:0 - If you watch with this at 50, the O line flies off the ball at the snap whether its a run or pass. 0 allows O-lineman to make realistic bursts after snaps and allows D-limeman to get a better push.

Holding:0 - Since we never see this called really at any value, I think 0 is by far the best number for two major reasons. The first reason is you no longer see those horrible blocking animations where the O&D-lineman are pretty much just hugging each other. With 0 you'll see plenty more hand fighting and.pushing between lineman. This coupled with a 99-OffSide and 0-FalseStart gives an amazing looking pocket IMO where D-ends actually take really nice routes and cause a pocket where the QB needs to step up to make a throw. The second reason holding works well at 0 is cuz when guys are beat you will actually see them make an effort to keep their guy from going any further. Since O-lineman aren't worried about being called for holding anymore they'll do just about anything to keep the defender away from his teammate, including holding sometimes.

I'm also pretty much set on Clipping at 53 for better down field blocking.but that needs more testing.

Next thing I'll be testing is PCI and RTK. These two have serious implications on D awareness and aggressiveness. I'm looking.to try and get LBs reacting better but while still being able to see a difference in elite play recognizers.
Often see a few theories like this. Where people say holding at 99 causes better blocking because they are actually doing the holding animation just not being called for it. Then there is the other side which u are saying that they will do the holding because they aren't worried about the holding being called.
Don't think I have tried it at 0 to be honest so might give it a run.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #426
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Often see a few theories like this. Where people say holding at 99 causes better blocking because they are actually doing the holding animation just not being called for it. Then there is the other side which u are saying that they will do the holding because they aren't worried about the holding being called.
Don't think I have tried it at 0 to be honest so might give it a run.
Try this for running (I haven't tested passing at all!!).

Penalties:
OS-99
FS-0
HLD-0
FM-30
KR/PR-50
CLP-53
RTK-0**

Sliders:
RunBlk- 25/25
React/Int/PC- 50 for all
TKL-25*

*As you had already alluded to Josh, it seems like the lower the TKL the better angles taken to holes instead of blockers, but you don't want to be too low.

**Think I may have just discovered something with RTK. At 100 safeties are running 100mph to the line of scrimmage at the sign of a handoff. If they get blocked there's no one back there to play "safety" haha. At 0 you actually see guys take real pursuit angles worrying about where the ball carrier may be heading. This must be combined with KR/PR, And TKL to see proper reaction and pursuit angles.

IMO no other sliders than these affect the run game on the defensive side of things.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #427
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I have consistently seen "Clipping" at 33 produce nice down field blocking..
Old 12-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #428
Pro

tyler28's Arena

Just tried it out and it does seem to have better animations and definitely a better pocket for the qb. I'm not sure if it is affecting anything else it actually seemed harder to get to the qb. And the o line seems more aggressive on runs but with os set to 99 the d line gives them a good battle. Overall it seemed a little smoother with out any major affects. I set mine at 1 tho I really don't like any slider on 0 or 100 this year. I'm not worried about penalties being called cause these slider don't affect that they are definitely shifted toward game play mainly animations and aggressiveness. Good one ea. Penalty sliders...lol better luck next year
Old 12-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #429
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I haven't altered any of the CPU or HUM sliders from Josh's most current set changes, but I have plugged in the following changes suggested by tc020791:

FS: 0
H: 0
FM: 30
PCI: 50
RTK: 0

I am liking what I am seeing, definitely headed in the right direction...I will adjust more as I test to see how all the other setting suggestions work and feel....I am thinking that PCI (KR/PR) at 50 from the original 35 may make for more difficult returns, but KR/PR are an area im not very good at to begin with; PCI @ 35 seemed to allow me to get to about the 24 yard line as opposed to about the 19 now after moving PCI to 50...But I am just through two 15 minute quarters of the Packers vs Packers.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #430
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Loving all the info in this thred Josh, its super helpful. I have been trying a lot of testing over that past couple days with your sliders as a base. One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that PENALTY SLIDERS AFFECT GAMEPLAY without a shadow of a doubt. What I'm working on right now.is getting all penalty sliders where I believe they should be in order to get the game to look like football as a whole as far as player movement, reaction to plays, and reactions to each other. I can unfortunately say that just about every penalty slider has some sort of affect on gameplay and many times multiple affects you may not even realize.

Example of a penalty that does more than one thing:

PCI: Like you've stated it helps with D players at not overreacting to plays but it also has a major affect on D coverage.

Penalties I don't plan on moving:

OS:99 - Makes it so D line tries to get a perfect snap jump every time just like they would in real life. They actually look like they want to make a play on the ball.

FS:0 - If you watch with this at 50, the O line flies off the ball at the snap whether its a run or pass. 0 allows O-lineman to make realistic bursts after snaps and allows D-limeman to get a better push.

Holding:0 - Since we never see this called really at any value, I think 0 is by far the best number for two major reasons. The first reason is you no longer see those horrible blocking animations where the O&D-lineman are pretty much just hugging each other. With 0 you'll see plenty more hand fighting and.pushing between lineman. This coupled with a 99-OffSide and 0-FalseStart gives an amazing looking pocket IMO where D-ends actually take really nice routes and cause a pocket where the QB needs to step up to make a throw. The second reason holding works well at 0 is cuz when guys are beat you will actually see them make an effort to keep their guy from going any further. Since O-lineman aren't worried about being called for holding anymore they'll do just about anything to keep the defender away from his teammate, including holding sometimes.

I'm also pretty much set on Clipping at 53 for better down field blocking.but that needs more testing.

Next thing I'll be testing is PCI and RTK. These two have serious implications on D awareness and aggressiveness. I'm looking.to try and get LBs reacting better but while still being able to see a difference in elite play recognizers.
Have been testing sliders out since the game came out and this stuff here has made the biggest impact to me so far. Currently I am working on coach mode sliders so mine are different than Josh's but the penalty theories mentioned above are creating some really amazing animations.

The most exciting thing about this penalty theory is that in the handful of qtrs that I have tested using different teams I have yet to see a sack. I am seeing incredible awareness from the off line along with the great animations going on. I am also seeing very smart pocket presence from the qbs, unlike I have seen before.

I still have some testing and fine tuning to do but I think we can get a really awesome game out of this stuff. I spend my time reading people's slider threads to get as much info as possible and I have tried about all sliders on here and have yet to see what I have experienced after adjusting these penalty sliders above. Good stuff guys!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #431
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

With the False Start and Holding at "0," I am seeing the linemen actually chase after defenders that get past them instead of either standing like an idiot or just running down the field looking for some insignificant defender to block.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #432
Pro

tyler28's Arena

This is really a great find. The game play is great now. The pocket that forms is exactly how it should've been. I just wish ea. Would tell us what these sliders do instead of spending months playing a broken game. We all want realistic penalties so to get them we have to jack up the sliders in result tweaking our game so much it's not playing right. So forget the penalties these are definitely additional sliders that affect the game greatly. Awesome find sir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »