JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 55 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Have to say was on the verge of putting the game back in the box for good after having RG3 just stand there and take a sack, the pocket was about 5 yards back on the other hash marks, my LBs were 10 yards down field covering the 1st yard line, he stood there for 10 seconds while I cycled my players to get to the closest LB and stayed waiting there while he was sacked.

But these latest sliders with the penalty adjustments from 4thQtr and tc020791 may well have saved the game (till at least the next time I find myself bemused at some QB standing still)
Old 12-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #434
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Guys, have been out of the loop since before the patch, had some personal family issues to attend to. I have followed and tried just about every set on here but find myself returning to this thread as the people posting really seem to be devoted to getting this game to play the best it possibly can. Also, everyone seems to be working well together with none of the usual "I tested and that's doesn't work" foolishness I have seen on some other threads. Everyone is open to other's ideas and thoughts/theories and the combinations appears to be reaping rewards.

I haven't played since before the patch and am itching to get back into the game, hopefully Friday. I love hearing about the OL/DL interaction and animations you guys are seeing with the latest updates. What are you guys seeing with the WR/DB? When I played last I had moved to Pro because the animations and fighting for the ball were so much better than on All-Pro and AM, but obviously a lot changed with the patch. I am really hoping this set will allow the WR/DB animations and interaction shine, I really got tired of seeing my WR run down the field and barely acknowledge the ball coming to him while the DB plays the ball like an All Pro WR.

Many thanks to Josh and everyone else who has contributed to this thread, awesome job guys, looks like we're getting really close to having this game play like it should have out of the box!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #435
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Loving all the info in this thred Josh, its super helpful. I have been trying a lot of testing over that past couple days with your sliders as a base. One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that PENALTY SLIDERS AFFECT GAMEPLAY without a shadow of a doubt. What I'm working on right now.is getting all penalty sliders where I believe they should be in order to get the game to look like football as a whole as far as player movement, reaction to plays, and reactions to each other. I can unfortunately say that just about every penalty slider has some sort of affect on gameplay and many times multiple affects you may not even realize.

Example of a penalty that does more than one thing:

PCI: Like you've stated it helps with D players at not overreacting to plays but it also has a major affect on D coverage.

Penalties I don't plan on moving:

OS:99 - Makes it so D line tries to get a perfect snap jump every time just like they would in real life. They actually look like they want to make a play on the ball.

FS:0 - If you watch with this at 50, the O line flies off the ball at the snap whether its a run or pass. 0 allows O-lineman to make realistic bursts after snaps and allows D-limeman to get a better push.

Holding:0 - Since we never see this called really at any value, I think 0 is by far the best number for two major reasons. The first reason is you no longer see those horrible blocking animations where the O&D-lineman are pretty much just hugging each other. With 0 you'll see plenty more hand fighting and.pushing between lineman. This coupled with a 99-OffSide and 0-FalseStart gives an amazing looking pocket IMO where D-ends actually take really nice routes and cause a pocket where the QB needs to step up to make a throw. The second reason holding works well at 0 is cuz when guys are beat you will actually see them make an effort to keep their guy from going any further. Since O-lineman aren't worried about being called for holding anymore they'll do just about anything to keep the defender away from his teammate, including holding sometimes.

I'm also pretty much set on Clipping at 53 for better down field blocking.but that needs more testing.

Next thing I'll be testing is PCI and RTK. These two have serious implications on D awareness and aggressiveness. I'm looking.to try and get LBs reacting better but while still being able to see a difference in elite play recognizers.
Awesome, awesome, awesome....I cannot wait to try the FS and holding sliders at 0 after work. One thing, to better downfield blocking...you LOWER the clipping slider....35-40 works well.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #436
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791

**Think I may have just discovered something with RTK. At 100 safeties are running 100mph to the line of scrimmage at the sign of a handoff. If they get blocked there's no one back there to play "safety" haha. At 0 you actually see guys take real pursuit angles worrying about where the ball carrier may be heading. This must be combined with KR/PR, And TKL to see proper reaction and pursuit angles.
Well, if that is true, than it is the opposite of NCAA. We will need to look at that in more detail.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #437
Rookie

OVR: 4

Early test interesting.

Used the settings suggested (FS HO all 0) but also changed clipping to 40.

Vikings vs Rams. When Peterson ran the ball it was an effort to stop him. When Tate ran the ball we stuffed him.

HUM running was really hard then all of a sudden I broke through for a 65yd TD. However it did seem realistic.

Major thing i noticed. WR's fight for the ball MORE on Slow than they do on NORMAL???? Not sure why that would be the case but Slow it is for me.

Also put RTK at 0 and early signs suggest better angles.

Will test more

Last edited by Roncatto; 12-03-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #438
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Early test interesting.

Used the settings suggested (FS HO all 0) but also changed clipping to 40.

Vikings vs Rams. When Peterson ran the ball it was an effort to stop him. When Tate ran the ball we stuffed him.

HUM running was really hard then all of a sudden I broke through for a 65yd TD. However it did seem realistic.

Major thing i noticed. WR's fight for the ball MORE on Slow than they do on NORMAL???? Not sure why that would be the case but Slow it is for me.

Also put RTK at 0 and early signs suggest better angles.

Will test more
This could be do to OPI at 75. I see the WRs make.way more effort for the ball at 75 with DPI at 50. I even saw a jump ball yesterday where the received was the only one fighting for it for a change.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #439
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
JoshC1977s M15 Set

Tired 0's for holding and false start along with 99 off sides..seems really good..much harder to rush Passer..however if u have a very good speed rusher u can at times blow past OT..had a Clowney type play..was very cool..made HUM/CPU running plays a bit harder in my opinion..that was early observations..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 12-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #440
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a lot of fun with these. You guys are definitely onto something with the penalty sliders. The pocket formed as advertised. Keep up the good work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »