JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 58 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #457
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Do you see facemasks at 40? Or is that a sacrifice for better gameplay elsewhere?
Total sacrifice....
Old 12-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #458
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Use pass block as an example. At zero, pass blocking is based on player ratings with no animation assist from the slider. This is why it works well at 0. If you set it to 1, it is now influenced by the crappiest amount possible, so it becomes horrible.

In short, setting a slider to zero turns it off, with 1 being the worst setting and 99 the best (something weird tends to happen at 100).

Then why doesn't this help with QB ACC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #459
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Then why doesn't this help with QBA
It doesn't work for all....in particular QBA, CPU RBA, and CPU WRC.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #460
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Guys, I love the ideas, but let's please keep the "this is my set" posts to a minimum. If you have ideas on individual values, great, please share....

I don't want this to get chaotic.

Also, if a setting is at 0....that essentially reverts back to ratings and the engine. Changing it to 1 will be completely different.

Example is threshold. Zero threshold is literally NO threshold, players will be lumped together because player ratings are not well done on default rosters. One threshold is MAX separation.

So, be careful assuming that going from 0 to 1 is a minor change....it is the opposite.
That is not necessarily true, and definitely not consistent...If so, you could set all special team sliders to zero and you would get solid kick offs, field goals, and punts, but that isn't what happens.

One of the best tests for run blocking at pass blocking, which are popular sliders to set to zero, is to run plays where the blockers have to pull or lead; how well a blocker pulls and leads and thus picks up the proper defender will show where the better slider setting is..(This is my observation and opinion only.)

I have seen abnormal things happen at 100 and at 0...1 is the least amount, as it appears, of AI intervention of a player's ratings..Thing is, at zero, you may have unmodified use of player ratings, but if the ratings are not being calculated properly then you have abnormalities in game play...I moved from 0 to 1 cause I was seeing blockers, for example, standing stationary and letting defenders run past them..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-04-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #461
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
It doesn't work for all....in particular QBA, CPU RBA, and CPU WRC.
Thus it can be said that zero is not necessarily the use of unmodified ratings for any position...The lack of consistency would tell us that much..

Also at 1 in the sliders I noted, I am seeing more false starts than at 0 or 99, and I am seeing things like unnecessary roughness and even had an illegal forward pass....

I am currently working with OPI and DPI at 1 to see if I can get a call of pass interference...This obviously may take awhile and may only happen with user intervention on a WR.

Now, I would say, in regards to penalty sliders, zero is off and 100 is full on, in theory it seems to hold true, though in practice, I am seeing such penalties as multiple false starts by the CPU team with false start set to 1 that I was not seeing at 99 or 50, for example....When it comes to User and CPU player sliders that is a different monster...

So maybe, in regards to penalties - zero is off and one is on, and anything above one just affects game play in some manner?

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-04-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #462
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Do you see facemasks at 40? Or is that a sacrifice for better gameplay elsewhere?
Nope..Facemask usually starts occurring at 53; and then it can get to be too many in a game..53 seems to be a magic number for a few sliders...Roughing the passer, for example, at 53, will trigger the call but some of the calls are very questionable calls for a defender just rubbing up against a QB after he throws the ball and the QB takes a dive...
Old 12-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #463
Pro

tyler28's Arena

so in theory if you set all sliders at 0 you should see a game that actually plays based off of player attributes but that isnt happening so i agree that turning a slider off or on 0 doesnt help anymore than turning it to 100. It just proves how out of wack these sliders are this year. I mean why is it that if you turn fm or rtp to 53 it triggers it and at 54 you see it a crazy about but below you see none, so why have a 1 through 100 setting? why not just off or on or a graphic tuner since thats what they tend to be. none of this makes any sense to me but its how its tuned this year. I just wish we could find a set that is agreeable on like we have in the past. its so diverse this year. IG 1 or 80 who knows, cpu pb 1 or 100 still discussions for both and i cant even try to figure out pr/pc. Its all over the chart. Low/ high. even ,low/low. Ive see all of them in all the slider threads so i cant find anything that we can all agree that is a common spot for a certian slider to be at. We have only nailed down a couple sliders to be around the same number and boom we see that holding or fs work better at 1 and we thought 99 was the way to go, and we are 3 months in. What a headache. Sorry just venting, getting frustrated with these sliders. If anyone has something we could agree is the right way to go with some of these im open to all suggestions.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #464
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
so in theory if you set all sliders at 0 you should see a game that actually plays based off of player attributes but that isnt happening so i agree that turning a slider off or on 0 doesnt help anymore than turning it to 100. It just proves how out of wack these sliders are this year. I mean why is it that if you turn fm or rtp to 53 it triggers it and at 54 you see it a crazy about but below you see none, so why have a 1 through 100 setting? why not just off or on or a graphic tuner since thats what they tend to be. none of this makes any sense to me but its how its tuned this year. I just wish we could find a set that is agreeable on like we have in the past. its so diverse this year. IG 1 or 80 who knows, cpu pb 1 or 100 still discussions for both and i cant even try to figure out pr/pc. Its all over the chart. Low/ high. even ,low/low. Ive see all of them in all the slider threads so i cant find anything that we can all agree that is a common spot for a certian slider to be at. We have only nailed down a couple sliders to be around the same number and boom we see that holding or fs work better at 1 and we thought 99 was the way to go, and we are 3 months in. What a headache. Sorry just venting, getting frustrated with these sliders. If anyone has something we could agree is the right way to go with some of these im open to all suggestions.
From what I have gathered, in regards to Pass Reaction and Pass coverage is:

Pass Reaction is how well a defender's abilities to cover in zone work...What I have seen is, the higher the Pass Reaction the tighter the zone coverage but the slower the DB's respond to the run game...The lower your Pass Reaction the looser the DB's play in zone but the quicker they react to run plays..

Pass Cover seems to work for M2M cover and determines how well a defender stays with a receiver and how well the the defender reacts to the receiver's cuts and/or changes of direction and the ability to fight for the ball in the air...

Interception level also effects the aggressiveness that defenders attack the ball. Thus giving a boost to cover skills indirectly.

Pursuit rating seems to determine how quickly a player catches up to a receiver after the receiver has created separation; has nothing apparently to due with quality of pursuit angles...

**Going back to ratings and whether zero pass block and run block represent unmodified use of the player ratings, even if it does, then it comes down to whether the player ratings are correct. If the player ratings are not correct, and a zero pass and rock block represent actual unmodified player ratings at work, then you are getting a less than beneficial result in the running of any specific play...

This is not even taking into account if the play design it self is perfectly designed...Some plays are just useless, while others are big money plays...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 12-04-2014 at 03:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »